Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    If by bad idea you mean great idea, then yes. Totally.

Edit:

Warcraft is full of diverse cultures and backgrounds and races, etc. To assume that they'd all be based on "western" culture is just plain stupid and boring.

Just as silly as hating on Pandaren because they're "childish" ... those people really need to get over themselves.
    I'm not totally sure why but when you post something like that and I'm looking at your signature and avatar I start thinking - they did create something childish and children are enjoying it.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    To be frank, I like it. Asian culture is (in my opinion) very interesting. But because it's Asian themed it might lack a little bit of that mystery and fantasy that the previous expansion (Namely BC and Wrath) had.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    To be frank, I like it. Asian culture is (in my opinion) very interesting. But because it's Asian themed it might lack a little bit of that mystery and fantasy that the previous expansion (Namely BC and Wrath) had.
    As someone living in Asia, i see very little "asian" in this expansion. Sort of like comparing westernized Chinese food to real Chinese food, it's completely different. In China, we view this as garbage, really.

It beats cata by a mile, but I loved the wlk leveling experience and it's still my favorite. So far, the raids have been good, but expect sub losses to continue in China.

I like the changes that MoP brought, perhaps not the theme

then again, I disliked BC for delving into what I consider to be a wayyyyyy too sci fi world.

Vanilla = Wrath > BC = MoP
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I like it, I think WoW itself is getting a tad stale though - But that's probably just me playing for too many years. Thinking about it objectively, the content of this expansion is probably the best - I just think the way that WoW is generally going (LFD...LFR... lack of mystery/exploration needed etc) is what's putting me off.
    I'm right there with you. I'm never going to say "WoW sucks" or anything like that, but with how long I've been around... well everything grows old eventually.

Diversity is always good. No one complained when Uldum was Egyptian-inspired or when Northrend was Scandinavian in design. Skywall had a very middle eastern vibe. Trolls are a fusion of Caribbean and Mayan/Aztec/Olmec/Inca. World of Warcraft is a conglomeration of many different cultures, and it works fine in the lore. Germanic castles with thatched roofs get boring over time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually love the asian theme.

Not at all, I found it refreshing after most of the focus resembling a utopian version of western Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes it was a bad idea.

Unfortunately the message MoP sends is anything but, it's World of China, it is NOT diverse and another word also goes missing somewhere along the way between fighting rabbit vermin and beer elementals, oh that's right the WARcraft part. This entire expansion preaches silly halfbaked philosophy with ideals of peace smeared all over them. The supposed "heated" conflict between alliance and horde is based on a weak garrosh storyline which culminates in cooperation to kill "bad feelings and anger" for the sake of PEACE. And yes, the world of warcraft has always been in a medieval western setting, incorporating eastern aspects is fine (they've done so before) basing EVERYTHING in an entire expansion on the east, including actual philosophical Buddhist ideals in a game revolved around killing was downright retarded.,
    So Alliance vs. Horde in Jade Forest, Krasarang and Kun Lai isn't war? Shado Pan vs. Yaungol in Townlong isn't war? Klaxxi vs. Empress in Dread Wastes isn't war? And all of those zones look exactly the same?

Just because you never get out of Valley of the Four Winds and it's Vermin and Alementals doesn't mean the other zones don't exist.
    Also, Horde and Alliance do not cooperate to kill bad feelings. They cooperate to kill Garrosh. The Sha were fought by the adventurers on their own terms, before the main Horde and Alliance forces even arrived, and the Thunder King certainly doesn't see them cooperating either.

Also, no, WoW has never been a purely medieval western setting. WarCraft hasn't been since WC2.

I think the expansion is fine and people are just getting game fatigue.

I want to play another mmo, but none are really doing it for me. I don't even see any future ones having lasting appeal given ESO has no end game raiding. I'll still play it, but I doubt it'll be in my repetoire of games for as long as EQ1 or WoW have been.

Maybe FF14 Reborn will be ok, but I'm skeptical given the original launch.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Are you serious?

Replace "Asian" with "Black" or even "Fag" and see what you sound like, it may be more clear.

I do actually much prefer MoP over Cata to be honest. It does feel lighter and a bit goofier than usual, but that is just my opinion. And I don't see that as totally negative. I DEFINITELY like that it's one continent now for sure. I think I had the most fun during wrath though. I played BC, but didn't have the internet for raiding back then. Yay, dial up. lol
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    steampunk
    TBC and steampunk? lold so hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did Blizzard have to implement an expansion based on space goats when WoW got its start and became popular thanks to gamers right here on Earth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    Mop is the worst thing that have ever happened to wow, but i don't expect MMO-champion posters to understand it.
    yes you're right, with that mindblowing arguments of yours, I don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have been good as maybe a zone of an xpac but to base an entire xpac on panda land is just dumb. Mope just feels very childish but unfortunately most of the people on mmo-c still defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It would have been good as maybe a zone of an xpac but to base an entire xpac on panda land is just dumb. Mope just feels very childish but unfortunately most of the people on mmo-c still defend it.
    Because people are entitled to their opinions as much as you are yours. I doubt it feels childish because it has an Asian design. To me it didn't feel childish at all, just more low-key than other expansions at times. Things like the Sha and Mantid kept it feeling like a WoW expansion for me, however, instead of just a vacation.

I don't think it was a bad idea. I'm not a fan of Asian themed things, but It's a beautiful expansion driven by story.
    I'm also not a fan of space fantasy/science fiction, but I loved TBC.

That said, I hope we eventually go back to the original Western themes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    They defend it because they like it I guess. By childish do you mean it's meant for children? MoP is probably the most mature expansion in terms of storyline. Maybe people are just uncomfortable with Pandas. God forbid, somebody might accuse me of liking Kung Fu Panda movies, what would people think of me. I have to like stuff with blood and violence in it so people will recognize me as a real adult.

Screw Pandas. Fighting manifested emotions and trolls is for children. Let's go back to where we fought zombies, and demons, and... trolls. Like real adults do.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-05-05 at 09:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    TBC and steampunk? lold so hard
    All coilfang reservoir instances are example of what exactly ? hell one of them is named "steamvaults".