Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Great Games You've Only Played Once

With the flood of good games continuously grabbing our attention it becomes more and more difficult to have time to play a game more than once before moving on to the next (not including MMO's, shooters or sports games). I probably have enough old games that I enjoyed once to last me two years solid.

Such games include:
    Xenogears
    Chrono Cross
    Final Fantasy 8-10
    Wild Arms
    Dragon Quest 8

What games are on your list of "would like to play that again if I had time"

I don't think I've ever played a game through multiple times. I always was a big fan of stories and always think to myself, man, I need to play this again to get the alternate ending then get 1/4th of the way through and give up. Only time I do alternate endings is if there is a save point right before and if not I just check it out on youtube. So all my favorite games would be on the list.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Xenoblade. I enjoyed it immensely and would like to play it again, but it'd just take way too much time away from games I haven't played yet.

There are too many to list. I'm not a fan of repetition, and that applies to anything- movies, tv shows, games, books, etc. Once I've sampled it, I don't watch/play/read it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will say Golden Sun 1&2.

It's funny, but all the games I really enjoy I've played through more than once, unless they're only a year or two old. I won't say there aren't good games I've played only once, but I tend to replay games I enjoy. I guess part of that comes from childhood, when my library was very limited.

Usually if its a game I absolutely enjoy then I'll replay it every 2-3 years. Games I'd love to replay again would be probably Tales of Grace F, Ni No Kuni and Kingdom Hearts 1-2 which I plan to do because of the HD collection. The types of games I enjoy aren't very common these days so the most I can do is go back to games I haven't played yet from older generations or replay.

It's more rare for me to play through a game more than once, the main exception being those with multiple endings or platformers.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it's truly a great game than i will play it more than once.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have a lot of time for gaming currently, especially since the summer break starts in 2 days. That said, the list of games I'm going to play in the nearest future is so big, there are definitely some games left over that I would really love to replay again one day. Among such games:

Neverwinter Nights 1/2, Witcher 1/2, Starcraft 2 campaigns, Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Neverwinter Nights 1 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are too long, so it is unlikely I will replay them any time soon. Neverwinter Nights 2 - not sure, I really loved this game, but somehow I don't feel like replaying it any time soon. Witcher 1/2 - probably will replay in a few months. Starcraft 2 campaigns, will replay this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Skyrim
    Fallout 3
    DA Origins

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The last of Us. (Loved the story, will play again one day).

Witcher 1. (It kept crashing and deleting my latest save and I got stuck on the (one of?) last boss, when my PC broke i lost it all and couldn't be bothered playing again, if they ever release a remake for console I'd play it in a heartbeat, but my PC doesn't' agree with it.)

Mass effect 3 (Only played it recently, but still and yes I'm one of those freaks who loved the extended cut ending, deal with it)

I'd say Dragon's dogma but i did three playthroughs in a row with that then put it down and never picked it back up.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2015-05-06 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't think of any until I started thinking about Steam. Dust: An Elysian Tale was a great game, but even with missing achievements and higher difficulties to play, I have never felt the urge to pick it up and play it again. I think Trine is the same way.

Deleted
    GTA 5
    Quite a decent story. Will definitely play it through again though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The last of Us. (Loved the story, will play again one day).

Witcher 1. (It kept crashing and deleting my latest save and I got stuck on the (one of?) last boss, when my PC broke i lost it all and couldn't be bothered playing again, if they ever release a remake for console I'd play it in a heartbeat, but my PC doesn't' agree with it.)

Mass effect 3 (Only played it recently, but still and yes I'm one of those freaks who loved the extended cut ending, deal with it)

I'd say Dragon's dogma but i did three playthroughs in a row with that then put it down and never picked it back up.
    well that's your perogative if you want to like bad writing. for other people we sort of expected better but that's neither here nor now.
    for me if i had to pick a game i would say grand theft auto games i can never seem to get through them. i really wanted to finish gta 4 as it's story seemed interesting but i could never finish the bank heist mission after trying over 3 dozen times.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Mass Effect 3. Ended it like I wanted it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Alpha Centauri
    Dark Reign 1&2
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Final Fantasy 4
    Grandia 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Only Replayed a few games i had on the ps2 era pretty much. To name a few, Destroy all humans 1&2 , Timesplitters series , GTA:San Andreas , And i think some random spider man titles which i can't remember if it was on the ps1 or ps2. Used to replay a lot of the red/blue/yellow , gold/silver pokemon games when i was younger. Mainly to pass the time on the 6+ hour drive up to visit the grandparents every couple of months or so.

Don't replay much nowadays unless there's alternative endings or entirely different paths to choose. I imagine the upcoming Witcher 3 will force me to replay it, since i believe it has a ridiculous amount of endings.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2015-05-07 at 12:33 AM.

Mine would have to be:

Final Fantasy 7
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Xenogears
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

10+ Year Old Account
    Once as in a full playthrough?

The Mass Effect series is all that comes to mind. I haven't gone back to that series at all since I finished it. I want to but at the same time I like how my universe played out and I know I would end up making the same choices anyway.