Thread: WoW tax system

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    When you need a fucking charity in a game, you know you have failed at life.
    By posting in AH I would hit your "cap" in a few hours. I don't play this game to support lazy "people" (and I barely control myself, because I would call you other names).
    I don't care if you don't have enough money for gems/enchants/invites/whatever. You're not my children. You're not my friend. You're just some random person trying to take away something I work for.
    You sound just like those women hating right wing conservatives who only care about their own wealth and not the needs of others.
    I know this is a game but I know your kind in real life.

    sure I'd approve of a WoW tax system, spread the wealth and long live the Azerothian dream!

  2. #22
    Fluffy Kitten Zao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,557
    To me this sounds more like the OP wants to make a point about taxes in real life so he can point out that all those lazy socialists are hypocrites because they don't want to be taxed as soon as they have money.


    That has a flaw though, because as stated above money in WoW is not needed and it is unlimited.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    2,855
    This thread is going to go places. 10/10

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    To me this sounds more like the OP wants to make a point about taxes in real life so he can point out that all those lazy socialists are hypocrites because they don't want to be taxed as soon as they have money.


    That has a flaw though, because as stated above money in WoW is not needed and it is unlimited.
    I was thinking the same thing. I bet they think they're quite clever, comparing apples to submarines!

  5. #25
    Guys, he made the post and didn't make any replies. Report as trolling and move on.

  6. #26
    in RL i pay enough taxes. not ingame! go **************

  7. #27
    Dear lord no!

    So you can farm minimal gold and have huge discounts?

    Or you can actually play this game to it's fullest and be greatly penalized for doing so?

    Players would have to think are they allowed to continue questing or using the AH in order to evade a higher tax.

    Just please no.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Hello mmo-c, i am here to present you with a new idea i have been thinking of. So, I started to think about how disproportionate the economy in WoW can be, and how unfair it can be to those who don't have any ways to make gold, especially if they want to support themselves for raiding by purchasing gems and enchants. These things can add up, and cause those less fortunate souls to not have any gold to buy anything they might just want to have, such as a brawler's guild invitation or even a hearty ale. So i propose a tax system be added to the game with brackets, such as those who make 5-10k a week pay 30% of their gold earned, and those who make 10-20k+ pay 50%. This could be used to support those who have real issues with farming gold, and also support those who have multiple characters to support. Characters are kind of like your children, and you always want to put the children in the best possible place to succeed. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this, thanks for your responses.
    1) If this is for blizzard, don't post it on a 3rd party fan forum site. Blizzard won't see it.
    2) This idea is exactly what is wrong with all the lazy people in the world. If you are too lazy to do work, you want handouts. I am probably paying my hard earned money to taxes IRL to support lazy people like this guy. Quit qq'ing about how lazy you are and make your own damn money.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    3,129
    if this was ever implemented i would never leave the capital city. EVER. outside of farming old raids that is. what would be the point of earning gold if its just gonna be taxed?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    how unfair it can be to those who don't have any ways to make gold, especially if they want to support themselves for raiding by purchasing gems and enchants. These things can add up, and cause those less fortunate souls to not have any gold to buy anything they might just want to have
    Everyone can make gold. Saying you don't have any way is YOUR problem...

  11. #31
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Far away
    Posts
    117
    Taxes in WoW? I'd probably earn money on it, but no thanks.

    WoW is not RL. Such a system of taxes could make sense IRL, but in WoW looks silly. IRL every one has to pay some amount of money every month to live (e.g. rent, food, bills,...). In WoW you don't have to pay per month, but rather e.g. per upgrade (enchants, gems). Hence, if everyone dedicates the same % of their time on farming some gold, eveyone should be able to pay for their needs. Who dedicates less time will advance slower, but will not run out of gold. Also, dailies provide quite a lot of gold these days. Dungeons, scenarios and LFR do reward gold too.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Hello mmo-c, i am here to present you with a new idea i have been thinking of. So, I started to think about how disproportionate the economy in WoW can be, and how unfair it can be to those who don't have any ways to make gold, especially if they want to support themselves for raiding by purchasing gems and enchants. These things can add up, and cause those less fortunate souls to not have any gold to buy anything they might just want to have, such as a brawler's guild invitation or even a hearty ale. So i propose a tax system be added to the game with brackets, such as those who make 5-10k a week pay 30% of their gold earned, and those who make 10-20k+ pay 50%. This could be used to support those who have real issues with farming gold, and also support those who have multiple characters to support. Characters are kind of like your children, and you always want to put the children in the best possible place to succeed. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this, thanks for your responses.
    I was going to insult you heavily and not give a shit about infractions.
    But then I figured out tha

  13. #33
    I have a feeling the OP is trying to make some misguided point about welfare systems in the real world, ignoring that there's hundreds of other variables and factors that make the comparison utterly meaningless.

    To directly answer the question, no, it'd be a terrible idea for so many reasons. But I suspect the OP doesn't actually want to have this system implemented; he's just trying to get a rise out of people. So y'know. Moot point.

  14. #34
    Have time to raid several hours a day multiple times a week, yet can't dedicate 30 minutes a day to level a profession which will yield gold or do some quests.
    I got a miner/herbalist and was gathering for 30 minutes in a place in Jade Forest, got herbs and ore worth 1300 gold, just an example of how easy it is with small time investment.

    literally on a silver platter.

  15. #35
    unfair it can be to those who don't have any ways to make gold
    ...soo, to no one at all in the entire game? your post addresses a problem that literally no one has.

  16. #36
    I think we should have a system where when you post something to incite flame wars and fish for suckers to bite the OP has to pay 75% of his bandwidth to the internet police.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

  17. #37
    Hahahahaha! No way!

  18. #38
    Like in real world, the only ones, who will feel consequences from tax system, will be poor players - they will become even more poor. It's common knowledge, too bad that OP doesn't know it.

  19. #39
    Pandaren Monk Slummish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,770
    This is the most asinine idea I've ever read... and I've read a ton of them over the years. WoW welfare system? If you're looking for ways to earn gold with all of your alts that need economic relief, might I suggest doing daily quests at max level? You can earn thousands of gold per day just sitting on your ass doing dailies...

  20. #40
    The reason this is a bad idea in WoW (but not in real life) is because in WoW there is no mandatory costs such as food and rent, and you can't get ill and require a lot of medical help (just sit around and your HP will go up).

    Raiding is not a mandatory expense, and just like other people's tax money doesn't fund people's holidays there's no reason why it should in WoW. Getting money for the bare minimum in WoW is so easy and takes very little effort, and there's no unemployment or similar things to prevent you from getting money.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •