Thread: i need a nudge

The victim mentality

I cannot help but hate this victim mentality society has got.
    Nearly every reality show on tv has a bunch of whiny victims trying to out do each other
    You got minorities that continue to play victim when they aren't
    You got women still playing victims for been oppressed by men when they aren't (they have equality now but still want to be victims)
    No doubt when gays get marriage rights everywhere(and this is good because equality is good) they will still want to be victims

So what is it about people that want to be victims and why do vast swathes of the population feel like they need to be. Are these whiners looking for a free ride. Whats the deal with it
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2013-05-05 at 06:50 AM.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    one moment i was reading your post about wanting help with java script and the next moment i refreshed the page and your post is just so entirely different.
    that was me posting what should have gone to another site, and they received what should have been posted here

Vast swathes? I doubt you know much more than a dozen people.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like attention. I guess that's all you can say.

Perhaps you should read your own signature and relax.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    What do you define as 'playing victim'?

So I see you're intending to make your unbanning last as little time as you can manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    What do you define as 'playing victim'?
    well take some feminist(some, not all, not the majority, but some because i do not want to be banned) for example like to still play off the fact they were discriminated in the past but some how think by been a woman they are a victim from this.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 06:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    So I see you're intending to make your unbanning last as little time as you can manage.
    i thought about posting in one of the animal abuse threads but came to the conclusion it was a terrible idea, i have also been unbanned for 5 days now, only two more till a full week

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 06:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Vast swathes? I doubt you know much more than a dozen people.
    Have you watched tv lately, that is pack full of victims

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    People like attention. I guess that's all you can say.

Perhaps you should read your own signature and relax.
    i guess this could be a good point. It just makes my skin crawl how much people play the victim though, everyone has had some shitty events in their life but some people will go on and on about how much of a victim they are, why cannot they just move on and get over it
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2013-05-05 at 07:09 AM.

Discrimination is one of those key words now, much like freedom and equality that we can all agree on. Discrimination bad, freedom and equality good.

Therefor if they paint themselves as victims, and use the magic words, that they feel discriminated against and want to feel equal, people just subconsciously nod their heads before the subject matter is even brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I'm sure you have done all the research and all and know exactly what you are talking when you use phrases like "minorities that continue to play victim when they aren't" and "You got women still playing victims for been oppressed by men when they aren't " and are not just tossing blanket statements with no verifaction, but I can't help thinking that it would help your cause if you define what you mean by equality and link us some sources why these groups enjoy the benefits of said equality.

10+ Year Old Account
    TV makes it seem like a more common problem than it is, so just remember this: the T.V.-companies shows you stuff that is out of the ordinary. They try to offer you something interesting, not something you are guaranteed to find by swinging a cat.

Or do you think that all blonde girls are like Honey Boo Boo? All muslims like Al-Qaeda, christians like Westboro Baptist Church etc.?

For every person who claims to be victimized, there are 999 with the same problem that just shuts up and keep living their lives, knowing that they are just annoyed, not headhunted.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

OP read your own quote at the bottom of your post, inhale count to 10 and let it all out and have a smile.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Professional 'victims' are scum.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    Don't wish to go off-topic and such, but why do you like equality so much, OP?
    I do believe everyone should be treated honestly and fairly, yet I've come to think that equality does the exact opposite thing:
    it creates a single layer of truth by which everyone, ignoring their individual issues and problems, is being judged and aided.
    Then again, I can't stand democracy either, because it implies the mass is always right and/or should always be followed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a nudge? I NEED A NUDGE! I'M THE VICTIM HERE!

What do you mean by Victim?

Your example on gay marriage, say when every country have it legalized. You say they will stop being "victims". But they are still victims to bullying, discrimination, religion, and so on.

So there wont stop being victims in the world, until you as a human stop judgeing, hateing, whineing, attacking, bullying others. Or maybe you mean "victim" with something else.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    I cannot help but hate this victim mentality society has got.
    Nearly every reality show on tv has a bunch of whiny victims trying to out do each other
    You realize "reality" shows are partially scripted or at the very least they are TOLD to create drama (they did that with the second season of the real world and on.

You got minorities that continue to play victim when they aren't
    Some still face prejudice every day

You got women still playing victims for been oppressed by men when they aren't (they have equality now but still want to be victims)
    Wait, women have equality? Last time I looked they STILL aren't paid the same as a man for the same job, and level of work.

No doubt when gays get marriage rights everywhere(and this is good because equality is good) they will still want to be victims
    that's assuming a lot, plus even full marriage rights won't make them equal. For example;

Take a gander at the VERY bottom of this pic... 29 states!! hell 34 states where I can be fired for who I am..yeah, that's FAR from equal.

So what is it about people that want to be victims and why do vast swathes of the population feel like they need to be. Are these whiners looking for a free ride. Whats the deal with it
    I just don't think that's true, i just think some people are more vocal about feeling as though they are treated unfairly.