Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blitz + Heimer + AP Yi + Caitlyn + Lux = gg

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran into Taric, Nidalee, Karma, Sona and (iirc) Ashe. That was no fun at all. Only way it could've been worse was with Kayle instead of Ashe, pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Since ARAM is "RANDOM" champions isn't it kind of silly to be talking about ARAM comps?
    No it's not since it's possible to get good comps, same for bad comps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    So, for example:
    Ezreal/Varus/Caitlyn (long range, poke and sustained damage)
    If they are all ad carries then it's going to be a bad comp. More than two is just too much and it can make you lose the game because ad carries are squishy and don't do much damage early game. Game can snowball pretty hard, not as hard as in SR though but hard enough, and you'll lose because of it.

If Ez goes AP then it's possible, it also depends on what the 4th and 5th champions are but still, three ad carries or more in one team is almost every time a bad thing for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Ran into Taric, Nidalee, Karma, Sona and (iirc) Ashe. That was no fun at all. Only way it could've been worse was with Kayle instead of Ashe, pretty much.
    Was that on your team or on the other team?

Expanding a bit on it: that team seems to be a good team due to the heals, Taric's passive, Karma's shield and Sonna's abilities really, seems like a good comp to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the enemy team. Was completely pointless. Couldn't deal nearly enough damage to get through the sustain and they had enough poke that they could get us very low. Not to mention a crap ton of CC.

Deleted
    It was the enemy team. Was completely pointless. Couldn't deal nearly enough damage to get through the sustain and they had enough poke that they could get us very low. Not to mention a crap ton of CC.
    I figured. Would be weird if that was your team and you said it was a crappy comp.

And yeah, it's a pretty hard comp to fight against. Too much sustain, heals and cc.

10+ Year Old Account
    ARAM kind of demonstrates how powerful the kits on Supports are.

That and that Heimerdinger can hold off an entire team of 5 if he can stand next to a tower.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Anyone with a reset (Kat, Yi, Khazix, Trist) are all good, as well as pretty much all of the ADCs and anyone with poke. Pretty much all of the tanks are good too. Some are worse than others but I've played 90~ of the champs so far in ARAM and all of them can be useful in some way, even Udyr.

Deleted
    Indeed.

Simply because the gold you get in there is a lot more than you would on SR hence making you more able to purchase more expensive and better(usually) items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    That and that Heimerdinger can hold off an entire team of 5 if he can stand next to a tower.
    He doesn't have to be near one tower to hold off 5 champions but it does help him quite a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Anyone with a reset (Kat, Yi, Khazix, Trist) are all good, as well as pretty much all of the ADCs and anyone with poke. Pretty much all of the tanks are good too. Some are worse than others but I've played 90~ of the champs so far in ARAM and all of them can be useful in some way, even Udyr.
    I'd say ad carries are the worst out of any other role, that doesn't mean that they are shit in there, they aren't, they just have more problem than other roles do.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

I'd say ad carries are the worst out of any other role, that doesn't mean that they are shit in there, they aren't, they just have more problem than other roles do.
    Maybe I've just had a bit of luck when playing em, or that it's super duper easy to land good ults with the likes of Ashe, MF or Ezreal on this map. They do have some issues compared to some, though, you are definitely right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Maybe I've just had a bit of luck when playing em, or that it's super duper easy to land good ults with the likes of Ashe, MF or Ezreal on this map. They do have some issues compared to some, though, you are definitely right.
    Well, those champions have a quite safe gameplay compared to most ad carries due to their ulties/poke, though it gets hard at team fights because you have to do the same as you normally would with any other ad carry.

And btw, I wasn't saying all ad carries have the same problems in aram but some/most have more problems than other roles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Melee carries are worse.

I quite like getting Quinn, Sivir or Tristana on ARAM. They can play well. MF basically becomes a bullet time bot.

Deleted
    Melee carries are worse.
    I kinda forgot about those, yeah, those have more problems than ad carries for sure.

But melee carries like Zed and Talon have quite a lot of poke to compensate some of their problems in there. Trynn, Fiora, etc, aren't that bad either, their early game is just really shitty, just like Vayne's early game in SR(assuming it's still as bad as it was on S2) but it gets better because of the items, though I guess Trynn could be an exception for not being that bad because of his ulti and how much he develops with items so I don't know.

But yeah, melee carries have it worse than ad carries most of the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    AD carries are okay to have. One of them is fine. Lets you shove down objectives and they do scale hard into end game.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just found out that Soraka is a beast in ARAM. Kited 3 melees to their deaths after I got a bit ahead with Q spam + Rylais, haha Max CDR, Rylais, Liandrys, Zhonyas and Rabaddon :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I just found out that Soraka is a beast in ARAM. Kited 3 melees to their deaths after I got a bit ahead with Q spam + Rylais, haha Max CDR, Rylais, Liandrys, Zhonyas and Rabaddon :P
    That's a pretty squishy build. I'm surprised you didn't get killed while killing no one on your own.
    But it is still.... random....
    Just because it's random doesn't mean you still can't have good comps.

Plus, ARAM has a lot more viable comps than SR does, that is 100% sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blitzcrank, Nautilus, Thresh (AD), Sona, Ashe.

GG.

Sure, you can have good comps if you get lucky enough on randoms and having people with rerolls. Either way, it is still random and you will NEVER get the comp you want unless you state generic roles like carry/tank/support.

As to ARAM having more "viable" comps that SR..... Again, it is random and is based on nothing but constant 5v5 team fighting. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, but whether or not ARAM has more viable comps or not is a silly and ridiculous argument simply because it is still all "RANDOM."
    I think he get's the message for that. Regardless of uncontrolled variables, the creativity of team comps is a lot more apparent than in SR.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That's a pretty squishy build. I'm surprised you didn't get killed while killing no one on your own.
    It aint THAT squishy tbh. You get a nice chunk of health from the Rylais and some Armor from Zhonyas + the armor steroid from your Heal... I also had ult + heal as summoner for lots of sustain :P I guess I could have swapped that Rabaddons for a ROA for even more tankyness...

They were a full bruiser-team (except Corki) so they werent doing that much damage since they are kind of forced to build more tanky rather than full damage I did almost die but some nicely timed self-heals and taking one of the healing runes off the ground while kiting helped with that :P

Point was that she wasnt "insta-gibbable" so to speak and could kite and sustain fairly well.

Deleted
    I have to say I really hate the major skill difference in ARAM. Does it have any MMR at all? I seriously play with complete, mouse-clicking Bronze V level players against gold/platinum players. Like, I had a Jayce who went and started building a botrk as first item and MISSING ALL HIS SHOCKBLASTS, if he bothered to empower them at all. And then spending most of his time in hammer form iso spamming shockblasts. WHY!