Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Girl problems, I don't have a driving license and she thinks I do.

I'll try to keep this short, Seeking advice on what to do!

Basically I met this girl who I worked with (She no longer works with me anymore), She offered to give me a lift home one night and she asked me why I don't drive. Rather than just telling her I don't have a driving license, I told her I don't own a car. Just to sound a little less lame, I didn't think we would have become friends or anything so I didn't worry about it coming back to haunt me.

A few weeks had passes and we talked alot, and went over to each others houses to watch movies (We live relativity close, 5-10 min walk) We went to the movies last week and she offered to drive. Now next weekend she asked If I wanted to come to the movies, So I said yes. Then she text me saying "You can drive this time!"

Fuck.
    What should I do, I'm afraid If I tell her I don't drive that she will think I'm a loser. No girl wants to have to drive around a guy, it's suppose to be the other way around.
    I'm 21, in collage and working part time. I lacked self confidence when I was younger so I never drove or had any motivation to drive.

How should I handle the situation?

TLDR; I never bought my mount skill, I walk everywhere, catch the Zeppelin or teleport to my location. Girl thinks I have Epic Flying Training. I don't, What do?

Plenty of people who are 21+ don't have licenses. Just say you don't actually have one.

This should be menial.

Deleted
    Why is this a big deal?

Deleted
    Hire a taxi on the premise that you'd like to take her out for a few drinks later, and tell her the truth during those drinks, but make yourself seem endearing at the time!

10+ Year Old Account
    You handle the situation by telling her the truth. Do you think this is something she's not going to figure out?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    What should I do, I'm afraid If I tell her I don't drive that she will think I'm a loser. No girl wants to have to drive around a guy, it's suppose to be the other way around.
    There's your problem. Stop caring about your image so much. If she really does think you're "a loser", who cares? She can either deal with it or leave. You're definitely not the only person of that age without a license, so by all accounts it shouldn't be a big deal.

Uh, never heard of a girl turning down a guy because he doesn't have a driver's license.
    But if you desperatly don't want her to find out you don't have a license: Everytime she wants you to drive somewere you make up a bullshit excuse. Keep this up untill you have your license.

Or tell her her the truth. She'll probably think it's cute that she's the one driving the guy around.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Deleted
    Get behind the wheel and hope you prayed enough

if you don't have a license then I'm assuming it's true that you don't have a car either. That being said, if you actually see this going somewhere you need to tell her. Tell her you were embarrassed, apologize, and if she's a girl you want to end up with then she should forgive you (though that may take time) That being said, if you are planning on actually going somewhere ever, then you should both get a license and a car...

also, if she's driving you everywhere you should chip in for gas.

also, I guarantee she'll find out eventually if you DON'T tell her, and you lying will hurt your relationship

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tell her you don't have a license, what's so surprising about it? If she changes her tune with you because of something like this? I think you just dodged a bullet.

You tell her that you don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    No girl wants to have to drive around a guy, it's suppose to be the other way around.
    Summarised the problem. Your train of thought is just wrong.

Deleted
    Pst don't tell anyone but I'm 23 and aint got no drivers licence. Again this is just between the two of us so don't tell anyone, please.

Tell her you don't have a license, and that you were a bit embarassed to mention it the first time she asked about it. It's really not a big deal!

jesus you sound like a 16 year old
    N

Deleted
    If you don't want to drive then don't, it's really nothing to be ashamed of.

Tell her that you don't feel alright driving a car and trust me, this is far better than being behind the wheel when you don't feel up to it, it's not a small task to drive a car if you don't want to.

Just tell her the truth and chillax

15+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter if you have a license or not? It doesn't make you something more or less than what you actually are. Just help her with the gas money if you expect her to drive all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    You handle the situation by telling her the truth. Do you think this is something she's not going to figure out?
    this, or, you know, get your license?

Just tell her. If she doesn't like you anymore because of that, she isn't worth it anyway.

You could just go get a license if you are that self conscious about it. Its easy, and has the dual use of being a state given photo ID.

10+ Year Old Account
    She already knows.