Unhappy Any toughts on enveloping mist ? Lack of output.

I was talking with a friend and asked if he felt safe when received enveloping mist.
    He just said the heal is rly poor and don't understand how I heal so much for so little output.

For me, I feel the same. When the shits happens i just press Revival and things go right.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/characte...nance/advanced
    This is me.
    Be honest with me, you guys feel, that mistweavers are ok? I mean real OK?
    Some fights requires on the part of the healers some mitigation damage, zen med is ok, but, Im rly felling without tools(didnt say cocoon because its only 1 target).
    I'll ask you guys, please, to teaching me this class well.

it really depends what role your trying to fill. in 25man your rarely if ever use EM. not for the low output (its actually pretty powerful if your put on tank healing duty (should never happen)) but because our AOE healing is rather powerful (mind you hard to control with accuracy). the problem with it is that its incredibly inefficient, especially if you throw in a few surging mists.

honestly if your doing anything other then renewing mist, chi torpedo, zen spheres, and soothing mist on most fights, your wasting healing potential.

you also look to be high on spirit, low on haste/crit.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...en/maximummonk is my armory. i tend to run much higher haste (as the tradeoff was 9% haste (1 additional tick of RM) vs 2%crit)

i run super low spirit and find that i rarely need additional mana cd's (mana tide, hymn)

stat weightings:
    int: 1
    spirit: 8.5 until 5000 then worth 0
    haste 6 until 0.2776 then 0
    crit: 5
    mastery 4

DO NOT FOLLOW askMrRobot's default suggested stats (as long as your in 25man, 10man might be different)
    Last edited by drtrann; 2013-05-05 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrann View Post
    it really depends what role your trying to fill. in 25man your rarely if ever use EM. not for the low output (its actually pretty powerful if your put on tank healing duty (should never happen)) but because our AOE healing is rather powerful (mind you hard to control with accuracy). the problem with it is that its incredibly inefficient, especially if you throw in a few surging mists.

honestly if your doing anything other then renewing mist, chi torpedo, zen spheres, and soothing mist on most fights, your wasting healing potential.

you also look to be high on spirit, low on haste/crit.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...en/maximummonk is my armory. i tend to run much higher haste (as the tradeoff was 9% haste (1 additional tick of RM) vs 2%crit)

i run super low spirit and find that i rarely need additional mana cd's (mana tide, hymn)

stat weightings:
    int: 1
    spirit: 8.5 until 5000 then worth 0
    haste 6 until 0.2776 then 0
    crit: 5
    mastery 4

DO NOT FOLLOW askMrRobot's default suggested stats (as long as your in 25man, 10man might be different)

Sup bro, ty for support.
    I do mostly 10man. I try to focus enveloping mist on tank because hard damages.
    And always Renewing mists, chi torpedo, the thing is that I feel Enveloping is too weak, and need a improvement.
    You think i should rly drop this skill? Uplift isnt very nice to be used twice, when Im uplifing generaly i stack 4 and chi brew using uplift for 4 times. but the cooldown isnt this good.

Also give me some reforge tips, please?
    Last edited by Aminance; 2013-05-05 at 09:28 PM.

For 3 Chi, it should definitely be quite a bit stronger. The +30% to Soothing does make me think the devs intended it to be something that ups our tank healing when we need to do it, but they fell quite a bit short on it.

Still, it has its use in the moments of fights where there's no raid damage to uplift, but there's moderate-to-heavy tank damage: let's you dump Chi, increase tea stacks, and do a bit more healing than eminence would.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

Quote Originally Posted by Thedave View Post
    For 3 Chi, it should definitely be quite a bit stronger. The +30% to Soothing does make me think the devs intended it to be something that ups our tank healing when we need to do it, but they fell quite a bit short on it.

Still, it has its use in the moments of fights where there's no raid damage to uplift, but there's moderate-to-heavy tank damage: let's you dump Chi, increase tea stacks, and do a bit more healing than eminence would.

Im sorry, wich 30% on soothing mist?

Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    Im sorry, wich 30% on soothing mist?
    Enveloping Mist
    3 Chi 40 yd range
    2 sec cast
    Requires Monk (Mistweaver)
    Requires level 16
    Requires Serpent Stance
    Heals the target for 1410 (+ 45% of SpellPower) over 6 sec, and increases the healing the target receives from your Soothing Mist by 30%.

If cast while channeling Soothing Mist, Enveloping Mist will be instant cast.

I haven't been disappointed in Enveloping Mist. It's one of my reliable "I don't want this target to die" spells. It's good for periods of heavy, but not spiky, damage. Fixing spiky damage is what Surging is for, and even then it's important to be judicious about it.

Using soothing+enveloping you can tank heal with very little mana output. It's nowhere near as bad as most people claim it is. I raid 10-man, and in that situation there is a fair bit of tank healing responsibility regardless of class composition, so you have to do it. Is it as good as other classes' tank healing? Maybe not. But it's enough to get the job done, and Enveloping is a major part of it.

Also, your healing numbers will look awful if you raid with a disc priest or paladin, or worse both. Damn absorbs, stealing my RM heals...

Oh, about those dirty other healers, one thing I've noticed is that they love to snipe the tank after I use Enveloping. Meaning the tank will take a big hit, I'll hit Enveloping, and then they'll do something like a Nature's Swiftness on them and Enveloping all goes to overheal. Waste of their mana, waste of their GCDs, but it's hard to get them to not do it. And if they do, it'll make Enveloping look awful. Really, really awful.
    Last edited by Dreyo; 2013-05-06 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    I was talking with a friend and asked if he felt safe when received enveloping mist.
    He just said the heal is rly poor and don't understand how I heal so much for so little output.

For me, I feel the same. When the shits happens i just press Revival and things go right.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/characte...nance/advanced
    This is me.
    Be honest with me, you guys feel, that mistweavers are ok? I mean real OK?
    Some fights requires on the part of the healers some mitigation damage, zen med is ok, but, Im rly felling without tools(didnt say cocoon because its only 1 target).
    I'll ask you guys, please, to teaching me this class well.
    Enveloping was nerfed quite heavily in the previous patches. It's okish to bad now.