Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Storyline development in Warcraft 3?

How would you feel about Blizzard releasing storyline they can't tell through WoW, as additional campaigns in Warcraft 3? Such as the novels, episodic DLC could be released for WC3 to further the storyline in ways the MMO setting doesn't allow, yet in a more immersive medium where you take control of the relevant characters. In a similar way of either the traditional campaigns, or the Rexxar one where you would play Shadows of the Horde as Vol'jin and Chen for example.

Deleted
    Not a worth business model. It would need people and resources to make them, to an old engine game (remember, SCII and xpac got released), just for a niche market.

That's why they tell stories in novels and comics, because they can develop lore in a way cheaper model and gain money with it.

The game is a decade old, and while the engine/editor was reasonably versatile back then, it's horribly outdated now. I'd rather have stuff happen in novels and then have the developers work on up-to-date things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    The game is a decade old, and while the engine/editor was reasonably versatile back then, it's horribly outdated now. I'd rather have stuff happen in novels and then have the developers work on up-to-date things.
    Oh... way to go make me feel old
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea but I agree with Tauror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

I'm suprised they didn't do this already. I've been saying ever since Wc3 came out that this should have been happening.

Although there's nothing stopping people from making such campaigns themselves... the quality may not be great though.

How about they actually put the story line in WoW... /gasp. Its so annoying that they put so much of the lore for each expansion/story arch outside of the game.