Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    The sub loss was mostly from the east. WoW in Asia has a lot of competition with F2P games. F2P games are really popular in Asia. Most of the people who quit WoW were considered 'casual'. It's understandable that casual gamers would prefer a F2P game over a sub-based game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think the point is, in my opinion only, LFR is pretty much taking the adventure out of the game. You end up just sitting in ogrimmar or stormwind for the queue to pop, join a bunch of strangers that don't say anything but roll on greens, and face roll through bosses that you don't have to read up on, and get some epics in the process - not everyone's idea of an adventure. The allure of easy epics does make LFR quite popular though, I'll admit.

That being said, in the long run, I think it makes the game a lot more dull, yeah, eventually you may have enough gear to do normal modes, but by that point, you've already seen everything a bunch of times. I think the game would be much better off giving actual content to these people that gives challenges, but not in a raid. How about making challenge modes actually give decent gear for starters? Encourage PvP more? Bring back long rep grinds that give a 522 reward at the end?

Blizz does try, but some of the old techniques don't work so well because of stuff like LFR. They now have craftable weapons back, with decent item lvls too, but it's a lot easier just doing LFR and hoping for something to drop.
    Nobody is forcing you to do ToT LFR, it doesen't take anything out. normal gear from 5.0/5.1 is good enough for ToT normal.

Like I said before, without LFR those who don't raid will be stuck in 563 gear(or 576 pvp gear). Thats 79 Ilvl's below raiders and 92 Ilvl's below heroic raiders. And in 5.4 that would be a 100~(for normal)/120~(for hc) Ilvl difference. Way to large of a gap, imo.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2013-05-08 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    So, basically, you hate options because you can't ignore options, because those options are too good to you, because you have a mental illness, so, in turn, you want said options taken away from you, so you can stop twitching about it? That's most certainly what it seems like!

Seriously, it is an option that you choose to do because you want to "stay competitive". What kind of twisted mental illness makes people want to take away options because they feel they're too good of options, and would rather have less options? It's also not like people are ignoring their points or whatever, either, lots see it, lots read it, and are like "?????" "I don't... see the problem. You know... you could just not do it!". But then people are like "ASDHJPKASDJKSDJSDJOLSDJLSD I CAN'T NOT JUST DO IT! I HAVE TO DO IT! I CAN'T GIMP MY TEAM! I GOTTA DO IT! I NEED TO DO IT! I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED TO DO IT. I'M FORCED! I GOTTA! I GOTTA! HEEEEEEEEEEEH HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH"
    "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."