Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legendary GEM....GEM, its a fucking gem, get over urself,the final legendary will NOT be obtained from LFR, if u think ull be able to get the legendary weapon/armor from LFR ur a fucking retard
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Yeah I think the new 'legendary' stuff is pretty much garbage, I don't have any interest in doing it. That is my opinion.

raiding with a guild is more like a job than a game. i don't want to have to show up at certain times and maintain attendance like i'm clocking into work. i had enough of that in my eq1 raiding years.

i want to play when i feel like it and do everything the game has to offer. i could care less about lfr lower ilvl. fine by me. i don't need the slightly higher numbers to enjoy my playtime. i just need access to the content i helped pay to have created.

blizzard understands this and made a good decision. i imagine Titan will take it even further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Legendary GEM....GEM, its a fucking gem, get over urself,the final legendary will NOT be obtained from LFR, if u think ull be able to get the legendary weapon/armor from LFR ur a fucking retard
    No it will not be from lfr, normal or heroic. It will be from the black prince which you can get from mats in lfr, normal and heroic. Lfr players will get the legendary which will be the same as the heroic raiders one as well. Blizzard already said you will get the legendary weapon from any version of the raid. #dealwithit

IT TAKES A WHOLE EXPANSION TO GET THE WEAPON!. I think you underestimate just how many lfr players will put in a whole expansion to get the weapon. Most lfr players don't even have the sha gem yet. Very very few will end up with the weapon in this expansion let alone even in the next one.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-05-05 at 10:19 PM.
    Aye mate

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    This already exists for me through my mount collection;
    And tons of my friends are doing pet battles and questing achievements.

More stuff along this line is good. I think Blizzard agrees since they're expanding on these mini-games and "go farm some old stuff!" mentalities.
    Achievements and collecting stuff are nice as "extras", still for many players getting "stronger" is the main game play - also being stronger makes the former 2 goals easier too.

What has ever been 'legendary' about them? You spend months or years grinding the mats for vanilla legendaries. You have a super rare drop rate from the TBC legendaries that just dropped from bosses. You had Wotlk legendaries that only one person could get and they had to slowly obtain the x amount of whatever and kill x boss to get. Same thing with Cata. And now what? It's a legendary questline for EVERYONE to obtain a legendary weapon, it's about the journey and the effort put in regardless of it you raid as a casual, hardcore or semi-hardcore. It also takes a whole lot longer to obtain the items required in LFR compared to normal/heroic. If you can't deal with that and have to whine and use it as a means to justify the game 'catering to da casuals' then you need to groooooow uuuuup because the gear and items other people have, unless you pvp, will probably NEVER effect you.

Legendaries were always a matter of time invested(weekly RNG gambles included)>>actual skill. In MoP anyone who has invested 4-5 months into the game will slowly be finishing their legendary.

4-5 months is definitely longer than any legendary ever took to obtain, and frankly I don't mind it at all that everyone who invests that much time into the game (supporting blizzard, keeping the game alive) gets a legendary. More power to them.

Hands up who ever saw a legendary weapon go to some douchebag as part of irritating cronyism, rank pulling or guild drama / politics over the years?

I have several times :P

I fail to see how the above is so much better - although I also know the legendary went to deserving people in many instances - much like the new legendary will. Whatever the system it will always go to people who do or don't deserve it. If it's just a rarity issue then there are a whole mass of titles, mounts and such that the masses won't be getting. Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah I think the new 'legendary' stuff is pretty much garbage, I don't have any interest in doing it. That is my opinion.
    The legendary gem:

The tank meta: a 20% dmg reduction for tanks.
    The healer meta: In most fights 15-20% of the duration will be 'clearcasting' (the clearcasting buffs reduces all mana costs to 0)
    the melee dps meta: on average increases your damage by 7-12%
    the caster dps meta: on average increases your damage by 7-12%

Definitely garbage.

Yes, in 5.2 LFR gives out legendary gems.

Yes, in 5.4 everyone expects (based on what blues have said) that LFR will give out legendaries to everyone.

Yes, the game is changing. If you don't like it, start telling Blizzard that with the one place that actually makes Blizzard change games: your wallet. The current system rewards 1 group of people with legendaries: faithful subscribers. That is all it takes right now.

If you play super hardcore for 1 month, defeat every boss on heroic, then unsubscribe til the next raid, you will not be able to get a legendary. But if you subscribe for every single month of the year, log on for 2 hours a week to do LFR, and that's all you play... here's your legendary in 5.4. Blizzard is rewarding players who are giving them money every month... which is fantastic for business. That's what the game is now. Accept it or quit, but complaining on the forums does nothing with the current Blizzard staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here's the funny thing: The matts from LFR takes longer to gather than the reg/Heroics ones.

This is so like the end of BC when you could buy epic gear from vendors and pvp gear became more "easy" to get. All the crying in the forums about "amg epic is not epic anymore QQ"

Now its the turn to LFR to get the crying.

Yummy, tears from "hardcore raiders" are delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    this is what the game has degenerated to.... Ilvl and "tags" and everyone running around with "legendaries"

Warglaives of Azzinoth say hi!

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Honestly who cares. Legendaries aren't that prestigious either? Most LFR people will only get it near the very end of the expansion probably. It takes forever to get the sigils and stuff for the first part if you only do LFR as it is. It's a pretty painful experience on my alts. Every legendary has only been awesome for that expansion and maybe a level or two into leveling during the next one. Just like every other piece of gear it gets replaced rather quickly when a new expansion is released. Not to mention that a lot of the old legendaries are pretty easily farmed by anyone.

You should be happy. Now your guildmates and maybe even pugs will be able to contribute more DPS/heals/threat because they'll have a legendary. And hopefully not a whole lot of the internal guild fights over who gets it first. The only reason to be mad about this is if you care about your epeen and want to lord over everyone else just because you have more time than others and a somewhat organized guild.

LFR gear is so significantly worse than Normal or Heroic gear that I simply cannot fathom why anyone could possibly have any issues with it.

I'll take the unpopular vote here. The legendary quest line kind of shouldn't be available in LFR.

when everyone is special, no one will be. - incredibles (great movie)
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Ill raise you one and make legendary quest lines heroic raiding only, with the last Q item being gated behind that tier's optional heroic only boss like Sinestra/Ra-den.

Now legendaries are legendary again. Awesome, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Guess we cant hand out gold medals at the olympics because they will just lord them over people.... They need to sell them online for 19.95 because 90% of the population doesn't have "the time" to get one"
    your now only looking at what would be Heroic raiding in WoW.

why you might ask:
    cause there are enough medals to be earned for lower ranked competitions then the olympics.
    if you compare HC/normal/LFR too sports, it only makes sense too have more different difficulties in which people can competete.

so what you actually did was giving a good reason why different ranks of raiding excist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid the "Carrot on a Stick" was removed with Cataclysm, as they revamped Thousand Needles.

With the current model, I can have trinkets/Tier and now LEGENDARIES. I've stepped in MoP raids twice. The fact i can queue for raid gives this game an enormous value to me as of now.

...you remember playing TBC? Oh, i do too.
    All i knew was:
    1- It took me an entire day to clear ONE heroic.
    2- Karazhan was damn difficult for my guild and took hours to clear three bosses.
    Oooh, seeing all those raiders with awesome gear... Meh. I inspected those with the fancy gear, saw legendaries and tought "Heroics take a day. Raids don't look profitable. This guy has to play a lot for this stuff. I don't want to become like him.". There goes a subjective point of view. Subjective as yours.

I can't see why you should care if everyone runs around with a legendary weapon, unless you do PvP.

Last but not least, i also cannot see how transmogrify made this game worse. It made it 100x times better. Luckily a lot of people do it nowadays, but you sometimes see a bold individual rocking a set that makes him look like a rainbow abomination of some sort running around in a goofy manner.

We all know blizz is gonna make it so the LFR raiders get the weapon months after the normal and heroic raiders will get it

And when they do get it the SoO will be so nerfed that it wont matter and it will be made obsolete by leveling greens in the next xpac