Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Pretty poor attempt at misdirecting but I wasn't really expecting anything better from argument as ridiculous as this was. I was talking explicitly about DCT blocks when you said you want to see those. So were you lying or just weirdo? Check out the first post of the second page for reminder.
    Probably being weirdo I dunno. I assume you mean post #21 since the whole thread is still one one page for me. I see some technical jargon in amongst which you state the quality *improves* which is always a matter of opinion anyway. If you are re-encoding the original then telling me the quality has improved you are taking artistic license by saying it has improved without even asking me whether it has or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I see some technical jargon in amongst which you state the quality *improves* which is always a matter of opinion anyway. If you are re-encoding the original then telling me the quality has improved you are taking artistic license by saying it has improved without even asking me whether it has or not.
    I'll use shorter words and explain everything more thoroughly then so that you can follow the post #21.

When you play back DVD movie on a crappy DVD player plugged into 50" 1080p TV the quality of scaler of the DVD player and the TV can be just about anything. Usually it's decent but more often it's not.

On the other hand if you run slower and more CPU intensive scalers on the video material in software with higher quality deblocking and then encode the video with a codec that has significantly higher visual quality and fewer DCT artifacts than DVD to prevent further losses in the compression then it is quite possible to end up with a situation where the pre-scaled and recompressed video can look actually better than the original. Especially deblocking with temporal smoother is something that can provide incredible results in picture quality that no standard hardware players are capable of.

Of course some people might have $5000 DVD player that does professional level upscaling on the fly, but most don't.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried DVDFab + Handbrake, still has the watermark, unless I'm missing some obvious 'remove watermark' feature in handbrake?

Trying Make MKV >.<
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

DVD Shrink is the best software I've used for this.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Tried DVDFab + Handbrake, still has the watermark, unless I'm missing some obvious 'remove watermark' feature in handbrake?
    Even if you use the free ripper only program from DVDFab?

Trying Make MKV >.<
    That looked interesting... I just wonder how much it'll cost once the free beta is over.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Trying Make MKV >.<
    All I'm doing is ripping the DVD to a file with DVDFab trial. Then encoding with handbrake with the presets for Apple TV. The ripped DVD had the watermark but,what shows up on my Apple TV when going through Handbrake has no watermark.

Edit: The DVDFab free trial of DVD copy http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-copy.htm is what i'm using BTW. And not this http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-ripper.htm which did have the watermarks.
    Last edited by neuk; 2013-05-06 at 10:06 PM.