Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobblars View Post
    Hmm, it's a tough one I suppose now you mention the GTN idea.

They could do with a CM box that appears to remind you that said item has already been purchased.
    Oh they could certainly do a lot more to help out the player and not their pocketbook. With EA it is a game of numbers and sometime it is good business to do bad business.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Pretty sure you have to either buy the game or pay at least one month subscription to get Preferred Status. I don't think buying cartel coins gets you to preferred... but anyhoo try not to be stupid next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    From the GTN they are but in the cartel market, where BW/EA makes money, they are not as clear. One side of that coin is they want to let ppl buy things because they might be selling it on the GTN, trading to to somebody or giving to a friend. Then the other side is they want your money any way they can get it from you.
    yeah but an access you are getting for "free" if you turn prefered?.... Who is going to buy that anyway? It shouldn't even be sold tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Pretty sure you have to either buy the game or pay at least one month subscription to get Preferred Status. I don't think buying cartel coins gets you to preferred... but anyhoo try not to be stupid next time?
    doesn't the security token already make you prefered?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    You can buy the 5 dollar cartel coin pack and get preferred status. Now in my mind if you are willing to do that just spend the extra 10 bucks and sub for a month to see what the game is like without strings attached, which will also give you more cartel coins, then buy the unlocks via the GTN or cartel coins after you know what you need/want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Armond View Post
    Classic straw man. Snorkle makes a point, Tyrven makes a counterpoint, Snorkle takes Tyrven's argument to the far left (by reinterpreting it as applying to everything but SWTOR) and claims that this new argument, coming from the far left, is wrong.

Now, if you want to argue that Bioware's SWTOR customer service is significantly different from the rest of EA's stuff, you can feel free to do that, but I think you're going to be fighting a losing battle there, too. (Of course, they could have changed dramatically since I quit, but I somehow doubt it.)
    Eh... Why would bioware's swtor exclusive call center follow the same rules as other call centers. You're not too well informed on the business, are you?

I don't need to argue that it is different, as I don't personally know any other EA call center. I can, however, state that (including me) 4 people I speak with were quite well helped by this particular call center.

And since this IS a swtor situation and not a EA situation, I believe the burden on proof is on you to explain just how exactly other experiences with EA have any relevance.