10+ Year Old Account

chose warrior over rogue - bad choice ?

yday i decided to buy gametime after few months of break. and decided to roll a new character on a new server. i considered several classes but in the end warrior and rogue left.

i decided to go for the warrior. why ? cuz rogue seems to complex for me. warrior is straight forward. build rage, spend it on abilities that are off cds. simple as that.
    on rogue on the other hand i have to pay attention to duration of recuperate, slice and dice, rupture etc etc. rogue playstyle is somehow patterned, isnt it ?
    and its really hard to do all that without using a single addon. and atm im not using any.

my question is, was that a bad choice ? should i still go for the rogue ? both classes are good but rogue is more unique due to stealth and some other stuff. i would like to play it but i think i wouldnt handle it, that i would simply suck.

Just make both and decide on your own. Everyone has differing play styles. Class complexity should not be a issue, With a little practice every class is pretty easy to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    both classes are good but rogue is more unique...
    Alas, practically any skills a Rogue has, another class can do better these days.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Alas, practically any skills a Rogue has, another class can do better these days.
    Please tell me you're strictly PvE. Rogues are one of the best PvP classes right now in the game.

There are add-ons out there that'll make it a million times easier to track those timers for rogue and warriors actually do have things you should be tracking too.
    (Enrage, Raging Blow procs, Meat Cleaver - ect.)

However warrior master race here;
    You picked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Please tell me you're strictly PvE. Rogues are one of the best PvP classes right now in the game.
    Which is partially due to their sudden ranged abilities, I was just saying good or not, I wouldn't really say they feel in anyway "unique" anymore. I actually even miss all the rp stuff, like finding shady dealers so you can mix up your own poisons and levelling your lockpicking with your thieves tools. I know they were a pain at times, but they added some of the character to the class.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Rogues and warriors are two different beasts, obviously. If you're just PvEing, it won't make that much difference as I'm assuming you'll be DPSing and all you'll have to worry about is positioning and watching your threat. If you were PvPing, both classes have their quirks that can be considered "complex," although the warrior PvP playstyle has been dumbed down significantly over the last few expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues aren't really that difficult or complex, they're quite simple actually, but every class choice is a viable one, it depends only on what you want to do. Try rolling a rogue, play with it for a bit and then decide whether you like him or if you prefer the warrior after all.