10+ Year Old Account

Will they ever fix Dispersion and Quills damage?

Or will it stay bugged until the content is no longer relevant?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

most likely stay bugged. Enjoy dying with no "OHSHIT" emergency button
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even understand HOW it can be bugged, is Quills some type of never before seen type of damage? If so, just add that type to Dispersion's list and that's it. Would've helped me and my raid team a ton during progress.

Deleted
    As far as I know Dispersion works just fine on Ji-Kun. You just have to understand how Quills works (unless that is what you mean "bugged"). Quills dmg is calculated when the boss throws those quills, not when they actually hit you(you dont take the dmg before the quills hit you tho). If you disperse just before Quills is being casted you will reduce the dmg for the first 6 seconds after the first quill hits you like its meant to be. But if you are on a nest and at and 30% health and thinking "oh shit im gonna die, im gonna use dispersion", you are already too late. It takes some time for those quills travel from the boss to you and you always have to remember that.

Let's say you are on a nest and it takes around 4-6secs(rough quess) for quills to travel to you. When you use Dispersion, you will still take the full dmg from the quills that are already flying towards you. After 4-6 seconds you will see the effects of your Dispersion and all the quills for 6 seconds after that will deal reduced dmg to you.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understand how Quills works. Just wanted to make sure cuz many ppl say that Dispersion doesn't work at all which isnt true afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AishaEU View Post
    As far as I know Dispersion works just fine on Ji-Kun. You just have to understand how Quills works (unless that is what you mean "bugged"). Quills dmg is calculated when the boss throws those quills, not when they actually hit you(you dont take the dmg before the quills hit you tho). If you disperse just before Quills is being casted you will reduce the dmg for the first 6 seconds after the first quill hits you like its meant to be. But if you are on a nest and at and 30% health and thinking "oh shit im gonna die, im gonna use dispersion", you are already too late. It takes some time for those quills travel from the boss to you and you always have to remember that.

Let's say you are on a nest and it takes around 4-6secs(rough quess) for quills to travel to you. When you use Dispersion, you will still take the full dmg from the quills that are already flying towards you. After 4-6 seconds you will see the effects of your Dispersion and all the quills for 6 seconds after that will deal reduced dmg to you.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understand how Quills works. Just wanted to make sure cuz many ppl say that Dispersion doesn't work at all which isnt true afaik.
    CD's from other classes work as they always have.... Deterrence, Ice Block etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    CD's from other classes work as they always have.... Deterrence, Ice Block etc.
    Actually no, they don't. If you hit deterrence, then the quills that were already in the air still do damage to you, but the ones the boss casts while you're deterrenced miss once they finally reach you. That's what he's talking about.

This means that you have to use your cooldown per-emptively, rather than when you're about to die. I typically just hit deterrence for about halfway through the quills channel regardless of whether or not I'm in danger of dying, because it mitigates damage that will hit me five seconds later when I COULD be dying.

Quote Originally Posted by AishaEU View Post

This is true, the same for many other CDs (and even for player's missile-type abilities, Halo for example). When I saw the thread title I was wondering what's wrong with Dispersion since I use it during Quill on both normal and heroic to soak puddles...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    is Quills some type of never before seen type of damage?
    It's the same damage type as Ignus' Hot Pocket from Ulduar; Dispersion still doesn't work on that either. Like back then, your OH SHIT button is Flash Heal on self.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    It's the same damage type as Ignus' Hot Pocket from Ulduar; Dispersion still doesn't work on that either. Like back then, your OH SHIT button is Flash Heal on self.
    Pls dont mislead ppl by saying that dispersion doesnt work on that fight. It sure doesnt work the most optimal way, but still works fine if u know how and when to use it during quills.

Don't see a reason to disperse it in the first place. If you want to stay out for the sake of optimal Halo range, or simply don't want to move, just shield yourself, pop a Glyphed Fade (Fade is off GCD), and let your Devouring Plague selfhealing do the rest of the work.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Don't see a reason to disperse it in the first place. If you want to stay out for the sake of optimal Halo range, or simply don't want to move, just shield yourself, pop a Glyphed Fade (Fade is off GCD), and let your Devouring Plague selfhealing do the rest of the work.
    How about nest 6 the one you drop to the platform during a quils? tbh I never even noticed this and will have to pay attention on our next kill but the damage on heroic is no joke and I always shield myself and pop dispersion before dropping to the plat. died multiple times before we scored our kill on this exact part.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    How about nest 6 the one you drop to the platform during a quils? tbh I never even noticed this and will have to pay attention on our next kill but the damage on heroic is no joke and I always shield myself and pop dispersion before dropping to the plat. died multiple times before we scored our kill on this exact part.
    Just have the entire grp be on the platform already before the quills happen, so your healer can top you during it. You'll loose some uptime on the boss, but not like it matters.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

If it makes you feel any better, mages cannot iceblock iron qon's arcing lightning. I died inside an iceblock during our progression on it...

10+ Year Old Account
    PW:S + PoM are your friends on H Chicken, and should be more than enough along with the occasional Healthstone.