Poll: Should we ignore the loss of freedom and liberty?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That has absolutely no right to be funny... but yet I still laughed. ^_^
    Shhhhhhh we know too much. We must be quiet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I really wonder what the future is for politics in our country with people like the OP.

There HAS to be a tipping point where these crazies are pushed out of legitimate conversations. There has to be...
    There's not. There's as many ignorant people as there are competent people, so no, the circle forever continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    They'd lambast him for using 'Communist Red' instead of the 'Fascist Brown' crayon they so love.
    ...unless they're still debating on if the Crayons were manufactured in America or Kenya.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    1. All guns have the potential to kill somebody.

2. The vast majority of Americans support the Second Amendment, and support for gun rights has been on the rise since the 1990s.

3. The laws being proposed are indeed bans, such as the failed Federal Assault Weapons Ban and the failed standard capacity magazine ban.

4. The data shows that gun control is a failure and will have virtually no positive impact on violent crime. Why not come up with solutions that actually work?

1. Right

2. Yes, this doesn't change the fact that many Americans still want tighter regulations on guns

3. What? How does an assault weapons ban mean that all guns are banned? You do realize there are more than types of guns then that, right?

4. Yes, data that is made up from your mind would show that. Data from countries such as England, Australia, and Japan shows that gun control has a big impact on violent crime, in particular gun homicides. Stricter gun control has been proven to work in those countries already.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    anyone else see his lizard tongue?
    No, I didn't have my head up your ass so I saw something different.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Shhhhhhh we know too much. We must be quiet.
    SORRY!! SORRRY!!! Forgot my Liberal Agenda talking points were VERY SPECIFIC ABOUT THAT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Still waiting for a USA equivalent of BBC.
    BBC is pretty biased for what is supposed to be a neutral reporting service, yet it's nothing compared to what we have here. I guess the closest things we have are Al-Jazeera or NPR.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And what kind of name is "Gretchen" anyways?
    You don't want to know:
    Gretchin mobs make up for their shocking lack of quality with sheer quantity. The natural cowardice and feeble-limbed incompetence of the Gretchin race does not predispose them to the arts of war, and a typical Grot would prefer to have his head buried in a sporehole than to actually participate in a proper battle.
    (sorry, I don't actually know anything about Gretchen Carlson, but I couldn't resist...it was a bit too perfect, given the circumstances)

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The "mob" calls it "Faux News"

The rest of the world calls it by it's proper name.... "bullshit"...
    Personally I think someone should sue them for having the word "news" in their name lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really want to see a live action sideshow go read HuffPo comments.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    anyone else see his lizard tongue?
    This was much funnier than it should have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    And every other new agency in the US. Get over it already. We get it, you don't like Fox News, Faux News, or whatever the mob is calling it these days.
    aren't we jumpy....this is the 1st time i ever in my 1900 posts ever said anything about Fox. Whooosa man. Whooosa

Way out of context and even more far-fetched interpretation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    BBC is pretty biased for what is supposed to be a neutral reporting service, yet it's nothing compared to what we have here. I guess the closest things we have are Al-Jazeera or NPR.
    Many would argue that even NPR has a liberal bias. And don't mention you listen to Al-J in the south. I'm pretty sure the lynch mob would come out.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Here's the problem with people these days. The government does some things that they disagree with, and it's tyranny. A group doesn't get every single thing that it wants immediately as they want it, and they are a persecuted minority. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how stupid or misinformed it is, as long as "everyone" is the person currently speaking and those that agree with him. There is no actual worthwhile discussion to be had here, it's just going to be people on one side or the other hurling insults at each other. Everyone forgets that this country functions best when the parties cooperate and get things done, not when bitter political hardliners take over the dialogue and cause all compromise to cease. Sad.

Seeing people that have lived in America or Western Europe their whole lives whine about tyranny is pretty damn funny though. We live in among the most free societies in the world and have ample opportunity to change things that we don't like. Corrupt politicians can be voted out if people bothered to vote or care even a little bit. But it's easier to bitch on the internet and pontificate about how votes don't matter.

I'm gonna report Arctic to Obama so he can be black bagged and sent to GITMO by Thursday. Obama will personally melt down his guns and reforge them into the handcuffs that will be used on him during his interrogation, which will be conducted by Obama's friends from the Weather Underground.

That's exactly what you want to hear, right Arctic? Because the only way you walk away from this conversation without looking like a raving buffoon is if exactly that happens, which it won't because anyone with half a brain will read it and see how utterly ridiculous it is.

Word of advice, quit while you're ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    If Obama weren't black, people wouldn't make these shitty threads, discuss.
    Or at least people wouldn't pay attention to them.
    1. He's also white
    2. People have legitimate complaints against him, and those who have illegitimate complaints will find things to complain about regardless of his skin color simply due to partisan tribalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Maybe I should make a blog about Fox News....

:3
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

2. The vast majority of Americans support the Second Amendment, and support for gun rights has been on the rise since the 1990s.
    Interesting fact: in the same time period that support for gun rights has been increasing, the proportion of household and personal gun ownership has been dropping significantly.

4. The data shows that gun control is a failure and will have virtually no positive impact on violent crime. Why not come up with solutions that actually work?
    Beg the question moar.

America has the highest number of firearms per capita in the world, and some of the most permissive gun laws, and it has four times the homicide rate of almost every other industrialised nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    1. Right

2. Yes, this doesn't change the fact that many Americans still want tighter regulations on guns

3. What? How does an assault weapons ban mean that all guns are banned? You do realize there are more than types of guns then that, right?

4. Yes, data that is made up from your mind would show that. Data from countries such as England, Australia, and Japan shows that gun control has a big impact on violent crime, in particular gun homicides. Stricter gun control has been proven to work in those countries already.
    3. He said nobody was talking about bans and equated the gun control lobby with "owning a drivers' license."

4. Except you know, the fact that data from Australia and England show that gun control is a failure, and violent crime rates have been on the rise since they implemented their strict gun control laws. All the while violent crime rates continue to drop in the United States and many European countries have loose gun control laws and/or high gun ownership rates, all the while having low violent crime rates. If anything, the data shows that gun control has a negative or non-existent effect on crime rates, and that other factors affect crime.