View Poll Results: have you ever been in a fight?

Voters
357. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    245 68.63%
  • no

    112 31.37%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Been in 2 that I can remember. First was in 6th grade with my former best friend (friendship ended before this). It was more of a draw, though I did draw blood (left some nice scars on his face when I went straight for the eyes with my longer-than-normal fingernails).
    2nd was in 9th grade with a former acquaintence. It was gym class, playing indoor kickball (this was back in 1996, before they banned kickball) and I was tying my shoe. Gym teacher said "if you aren't touching a base you are out" so I leaned forward to put my hand on the base, when said acquaintence decided to kick me in the ass. I got up, kid said "Let's not go there" or some such as I pulled my arm back. Before the fight started, I blacked out, and what felt like instantly woke up to him punching me in the face, surrounded by the other kids. Found out later that I picked him up by the neck and slammed him into the bleachers and beat his ass when he managed to trip me and get 2 shots in. Haven't been in one since.

  2. #62
    The Insane Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    i was like woow there cowboy slow your horse you shouldnt post you murder stories online lmao. talk about a mindrape good job
    But mutilation of corpses are okay? :P

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Im a pretty smart and likable guy. Never had anyone ever get so angry with me that they started to push me to start a fight. So nope. And I'm 25.
    so am i except im 21, but i have a feminine face and people tend to not like that. why does that bother people lolz

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 11:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    But mutilation of corpses are okay? :P
    u a doctor or future doctor.( medical school if not your a odd man)
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  4. #64
    The Insane Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post

    u a doctor or future doctor.( medical school if not your a odd man)
    You got me there. Its still weird though. Probably have to dissect testes 2 weeks from now - im not sure how comfortable i feel...

  5. #65
    Grunt SausageRawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    20
    Never had a real fight, nobody has ever really pushed my buttons. But I used to do Mixed Martial Arts, I did it for about a year, so I can defend myself if needed. I feel as if I don't need to fight, a lot of people in my school like to fight for stupid reasons. But I do agree that backing down from somebody makes you look kinda bad, so if someone were to insult me or my family, maybe even my intelligence, I would ask them to meet me outside the school (because I don't want to get suspended, wouldn't e allowed to my school dance and stuff). But yeah, never been in a fight.

  6. #66
    Stood in the Fire stuartj1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland. It's got a castle and stuff.
    Posts
    486
    Nope. Never been in a fight in my life. Never been punched, and have never punched anyone.

    I mastered the art of being liked enough by everyone to never be a target for such things early on in my high school years. I made everyone believe I was not worth such aggressive attentions, I made a point of never pissing off people too much that it would result in that.

    I think that for someone that is almost 21 years old and quite a geeky individual, that to have been punched, or indeed, have punched anyone, is not bad. Not bad at all.

  7. #67
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Kicked some ass, and had my ass kicked plenty of times. Kids will be kids.
    Pretty much this when I was younger. I haven't been in a fight in years.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageRawr View Post
    Never had a real fight, nobody has ever really pushed my buttons. But I used to do Mixed Martial Arts, I did it for about a year, so I can defend myself if needed. I feel as if I don't need to fight, a lot of people in my school like to fight for stupid reasons. But I do agree that backing down from somebody makes you look kinda bad, so if someone were to insult me or my family, maybe even my intelligence, I would ask them to meet me outside the school (because I don't want to get suspended, wouldn't e allowed to my school dance and stuff). But yeah, never been in a fight.
    i don't understand how backing down makes you look bad. it just comes back to not caring about what the public thinks of you, and just worrying about what you think of yourself. stupid insults and name calling aren't worth the trouble of fighting. defending yourself or someone else from harm is the only thing worth fighting over.

  9. #69
    Its been about 15 years since I was in a real fight, oh and im 22 now so my last real fight was when I was 7

  10. #70
    Bloodsail Admiral Aurabolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,024
    Before I give my answer, I must pull this from Wikipedia:


    Hand-to-hand combat is the most ancient form of fighting known.
    In short: Yes.

    Last fistfight I had was this morning. With my younger brother (i'm 29 and he's 20). I beat his ass for slamming the front door on my arm. Not a brotherly playfight, I'm talking a full-on ass kicking session. Ended up having to change my clothes. Luckily none of the neighbors saw us or they probably would've called the cops while I was there. Someone did 'cause I got a call while at work that my brother was arrested for tearing shit up after I left >.>;

    If most of you were standing in front of me you wouldn't want to get into it with me. I'm 6'1" and currently weigh 215lbs. I don't mind fighting people bigger than me either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    World of Warcraft has been played by so many people that it's hard to get a reliable source of new players into the game. Add to that a toxic community that expects perfection out of people who have never played and you have a recipe for decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    Only one faction receiving something completely new? Absolutely not going to happen. The QQ is so massive it will break the QQ Pillar in the Elemental Plane of QQ and unleash Kiukiuwing, the Aspect of QQs.

  11. #71
    Yeah ive been in a few, win some lose some.

    Recently I got into a scuffle with some MMO-Champ members.

    Wells ambushed me with his tweed jacket and corn-cob pipe, took him down with a well placed roundhouse kick

    Celltrex came at me with some well used anal beads, swinging around his head like a flail, took him out with some rabbit punches.

    Tallil tried to use her female wiles on me and kick me in the junk, snap kicked her in the ovaries.

    Rich came at me with some soccer hooligan nonsense, gave him quite the thrashing

    diurdi pushed me and said "come at me brah", flicked him in the nose and he ran away.

    Cattaclysmic tried to give me a limp wristed smack, i took it like a champ and stomped on his misshaped toes.

    I survived a MMOC knock out drag out fight and i won.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. At least I think that was sarcasm. If not, no insult intended.
    Haha yeah it was a joke, although to be honest I do think that watching other people fight (perhaps not DBZ on account of that being completely absurd) could help me hold my own in a real fight, and I do watch a lot of MMA.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Yeah ive been in a few, win some lose some.

    Recently I got into a scuffle with some MMO-Champ members.

    Wells ambushed me with his tweed jacket and corn-cob pipe, took him down with a well placed roundhouse kick

    Celltrex came at me with some well used anal beads, swinging around his head like a flail, took him out with some rabbit punches.

    Tallil tried to use her female wiles on me and kick me in the junk, snap kicked her in the ovaries.

    Rich came at me with some soccer hooligan nonsense, gave him quite the thrashing

    diurdi pushed me and said "come at me brah", flicked him in the nose and he ran away.

    Cattaclysmic tried to give me a limp wristed smack, i took it like a champ and stomped on his misshaped toes.

    I survived a MMOC knock out drag out fight and i won.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

    "Celltrex came at me with some well used anal beads, swinging around his head like a flail"

    That was hysterical.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

    "Celltrex came at me with some well used anal beads, swinging around his head like a flail"

    That was hysterical.
    Last starfighter was throwing his body peircings at me like ninja stars, i yanked on his nipple rings untill they seperated from his body.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    have you ever been in a fight?
    i think experiencing a physical fight is a good thing. ive been in a couple fight in my day, they taught me alot about life.
    Yes, back in primary school and less often in high school. An ugly, savage time and the only thing it taught me is that children are cruel and stupid. And some people never grow out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  16. #76
    Many times. People who know me now would be very surprised if they found out xD
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    You got me there. Its still weird though. Probably have to dissect testes 2 weeks from now - im not sure how comfortable i feel...
    Cant blame ya, that would be torture beyond belief for any man.

    OT: Ive been in more then a few fights, trained in kickboxing for ~4yrs when i was a bit younger. Ive also been in bar fights, and school fights, and a few in mosh pits... not sure if we are counting those. Fights are no big deal really, also i was never bullied or anything really, and i was a smaller guy pretty much my entire life.

  18. #78
    Stood in the Fire Warpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City, Brooklyn
    Posts
    469
    Not really not outside my own family. Doubt that counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"

  19. #79
    Never been in a fight before but I remember in high school when I was a freshman I saw what looked like juniors and seniors line up across one another at some shady location on campus and start yelling at each other. Then they ran at each other, stopped and walked away like nothing happened. Eeriest and funniest thing I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  20. #80
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,609
    Ive had my fair share of drunk fights with randoms over nothing. Altough that was 8-10 years ago and I can't see the point in fighting anymore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •