Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    Yesterday, I did LFD with a tank DK guildie. we got into.. etc
    Yes, I believe you were right in this situation. I probably would've voted earlier, and I can't say much more then vote-to-kick is there for a reason, and this is good example.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Look out everyone, we have a badass here!
    Sorry, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    It's also a general issue regarding dungeons, or are you so egocentric you believe the thread is about what *you* want it to be? I think we have found the crux of the issue as to why you think it's ok, you seem a bit of a douche.

As for calling people "son"? Surest sign of someone under the age of 20 thinking they are pro-shoes.

So move along yourself
    You're the one calling other people a "douche".

It was a question about how the OP handled a heroic dungeon. The TL;DR is it's a heroic dungeon, man up and pull faster. If DPS pull for you, deal with it, it's a heroic dungeon, it's not challenging at all, a mage can tank everything with ease as long as he doesn't have claws instead of hands. Son.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 03:36 PM ----------

I was just thinking that myself

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 02:35 PM ----------

Bit of a large generalisation there isn't it? I have seen players try and pull constantly, even when the tank is going like a rocket out of hell speed wise, so I can use anecdotal evidence to counter your claim as well. Unless you have a source, don't try and make a generalistion as a fact.
    If you pull properly the DPS physically cannot pull faster than you. It's a L2P issue for the tank, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    If you pull properly the DPS physically cannot pull faster than you. It's a L2P issue for the tank, really.
    Sounds like typical DPS right there. I'm awesome, if you can't keep up with me, then obviously you fail. Of course, if I die, or anyone else dies, it's because the healer sucks. It because the tank sucks, it's anything but my fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Sounds like typical DPS right there. I'm awesome, if you can't keep up with me, then obviously you fail. Of course, if I die, or anyone else dies, it's because the healer sucks. It because the tank sucks, it's anything but my fault!
    I play prot too.

When I tank, you cannot physically go faster than me. It's something to do with keybinding my abilities and not using the keyboard to turn corners, maybe.

Or they pull mobs the tank isn't going to pull at all, or the tank was waiting for the healer to catch up (they're allowed to loot, remember - tanks aren't). But sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Or they pull mobs the tank isn't going to pull at all, or the tank was waiting for the healer to catch up (they're allowed to loot, remember - tanks aren't). But sure.
    Why would the tank have to wait for the healer to catch up? Tanks can solo heroics, why would the healer be lagging behind, you don't drink in heroics. Why would the tank skip mobs? it's faster to pull them all and get more vengeance and therefore more damage resulting in a faster clear.

Seriously, do you even play wow?

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 03:42 PM ----------

What? You talking, for want of a better word, bollocks. I have seen tanks pulling everything in sight, and still a dps charges off into the next room to try and get more, sometimes even just ignoring the mobs to be DPSd and pulling more. These are tanks I play with that Gold CMs no probs, and can speed througha dungeon in a matter of minutes, and yet people *still* try to go faster. It's not an L2P issue, its a "Learn not to be a prick" issue. Something I think you need a few lessons in sadly.
    The thread can be a general question as well, it wasn't how the OP handled a HC dungeon, but was he justified in kicking a player for repeated warnings, your just ignoring lots of things and putting your own spin on it, thinking your correct.
    Not going to bother conversing with you anymore, as it is completely counter-productive.
    Oooooh... Gold CMs..... Shiiiiieeeeeeettttttttttt.

I am correct. If your tank can't cope, learn to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I think OP is correct. Normally, if there is a kickable offense - ninja pulling, needing on greens etc - we'll boot right before the last boss, or even wipe and then boot, if they try to ninja pull the last boss.
    That doesn't make you a tad better than the person you kicked, most of the time. He wanted to make the run go faster, and knows that the group can handle it. You then actively try to make it go slower.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    as a tank my self, (a real one..) i bloddy HATE ninjapullers like that, but yes, i usely just /sit down and watch the fun if he/she pulls and watch them die while they freak out

Same with those who are continuesly overaggroing etc..
    If you get overaggroed on mobs that don't die within 5 gcd's (in which case it doesn't matter), you are the bad player.

Or do you ACTUALLY get outdps'd by a tank at 90? lol.
    Unless you are playing on your uber geared main, or the tank is bad, then yes. You will get outdpssed by the tank. Tanks are generally top damage in dungeons because stuff dies so fast, and tanks don't have much ramp up time. That is for leveling dungeons, normal dungeons, heroic dungeons.
    Even in a lot of raid encounters (encounters with good vengeance) you will/can get overdpssed by your tank.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-05-08 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank was probably slow. I would vote kick the tank.

Deleted
    Some of the replies here explain why sometimes you just need to /ignore people.

*sigh*. Your not correct, an opinion doesn't make you correct, its that, an opinion. As for going faster than an average 8mins for a standard VP capping run? If you feel you *have* to go faster, then you are talking utter bollocks.

But hey, as said before, your a real badass

Ignored
    Not my fault all your "pro" gold CM tanks are slow as fuck.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unner/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    I've been kicked for literally soloing a dungeon on my mw monk. I got "I'm the tank I have to pull" and it is garbage. If you have a 528 ilvl healer with you and you pull 1 mob at a time, it's just disrespectful. If you can't keep up I could careless. When I'm doing 50%+ the damage and tanking everything why would you kick someone like that?
    Then set up a group with your friends or guild mates and DON'T do LFD. If you think you are that much of a "god" when it comes to dps, go do it on your own time. DON'T waste the time of LFD tanks and healers that don't want to put up with your bullshit.
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Then set up a group with your friends or guild mates and DON'T do LFD. If you think you are that much of a "god" when it comes to dps, go do it on your own time. DON'T waste the time of LFD tanks and healers that don't want to put up with your bullshit.
    Or if you're shit just enjoy the boost and shut up? lol.

Why would the tank have to wait for the healer to catch up? Tanks can solo heroics, why would the healer be lagging behind, you don't drink in heroics. Why would the tank skip mobs? it's faster to pull them all and get more vengeance and therefore more damage resulting in a faster clear.

Seriously, do you even play wow?
    Because I pull pretty fast, and they like loot? Because the only time I do heroics is to gear up an alt (obviously meaning I can't solo them). It's not faster to pull everything at all, especially when you can mount up and run past things and avoid them all together. Nothing to kill is faster than something to kill with slightly more vengeance (you know, if the DPS don't pull it - which is the whole point of this thread).

Seriously, do you even use your brain?

Because I pull pretty fast, and they like loot? Because the only time I do heroics is to gear up an alt (obviously meaning I can't solo them). It's not faster to pull everything at all, especially when you can mount up and run past things and avoid them all together. Nothing to kill is faster than something to kill with slightly more vengeance (you know, if the DPS don't pull it - which is the whole point of this thread).

Seriously, do you even use your brain?
    I can think of around 6 pulls out of all the dungeons this tier that are worth skipping.

I 100% know I am right and you are wrong, or just slow, not good enough, whatever, pick one. I've done every single heroic in game (tanking) from minimum ilvl reqs, and even then it was just an AoE fest. If you know how to push your buttons, it really, REALLY isn't hard to gather a bunch and max vengeance then ham everything down in a matter of seconds, and yes, that IS faster than skipping a pack and working on a smaller group with less than a fifth of your damage output due to having no vengeance.

Do you even lift?

10+ Year Old Account
    I play prot too.

When I tank, you cannot physically go faster than me. It's something to do with keybinding my abilities and not using the keyboard to turn corners, maybe.
    but if i use my mouse to turn how do i click rend?

But seriously - the guy was obviously griefing. There's a difference between a good DPS helping speed the process, and a DPS who wanders off pulling mobs that don't even need to be pulled to complete the dungeon. And he died during the process too.

He wasn't speeding up anything - he was being a pain in the ass.

Amazing, you managed to find one of my alts Fantastic, well done you. Must be getting under your skin for you to invest time like that, or maybe your just that pathetic, who knows...
    Also seeing as to get Gold you still need to be under a certain time threshold, something 90% or so of the community cannot do, it just shows, once again, your talking absolute balls. Bear in mind, the guild only bothered to start doing them the past month properly and have been getting as many peeps that want to do them through, so they haven't been focusing on times, more on getting everyone done.

Link your "pro" times, and show everyone how great you are Put up or shut up as they say.
    Just for you.

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...mill/Choptimus

or http://www.wowprogress.com/character...mill/Choptimus

Happy, mr
    --SNIP--
    ?
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-08 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    That doesn't make you a tad better than the person you kicked, most of the time. He wanted to make the run go faster, and knows that the group can handle it. You then actively try to make it go slower.
    I agree with you. I'm a product of my society though. Mind you, it has to be a blatant dick puller, or a "need on everything" guy. But yeah, I normally keep to myself otherwise.

I can think of around 6 pulls out of all the dungeons this tier that are worth skipping.

I 100% know I am right and you are wrong, or just slow, not good enough, whatever, pick one. I've done every single heroic in game (tanking) from minimum ilvl reqs, and even then it was just an AoE fest. If you know how to push your buttons, it really, REALLY isn't hard to gather a bunch and max vengeance then ham everything down in a matter of seconds, and yes, that IS faster than skipping a pack and working on a smaller group with less than a fifth of your damage output due to having no vengeance.

Do you even lift?
    There's no point in replying if you're not even reading what people write.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Can you please stop telling us how fast you would have kicked him?
    As far as I know the tanks role is to hold aggro, and soak damage. At what part does it say that they are the ones who HAVE to do the pulls?
    Why was the TAUNT ability invented? It was given to tanks, so they could pick a target off another player to make the target focus on the tank.

How many of you remember when you had hunters or other ranged dps pulling a mob, so the tank could TAUNT the target off him?
    I bet you don't.

Justifying the kick by saying the tank is the one who is supposed to do the pulls, is wrong.

Justifying the kick by saying that he slowed down the group, was a hindrance and annoyed you by doing something that was not in favor for the group, is correct.

You did the first.
    Maybe you should tank some time. Maybe if you do, you will be grouped with three dps who all go their own way, pulling their own mobs, expecting you to pick them up. Run back and forth trying to pick up the pieces of what other people pull.

No, just no... The tank pulls the groups because it's the tanks job to protect the group and keep aggro on all the mobs. Taunt only works on one target and only gives you a slight edge of threat above the puller, if you taunt a mob and he continues to strike it he will over aggro it immediately.

It's usually easier and faster for everyone if you let the tank pull, assuming he knows what the hell he is doing. If you want to pull, roll a tank.

There's no point in replying if you're not even reading what people write.
    Let's race a heroic dungeon of your choice, you skip mobs, I'll ham everything, guarantee I'm done faster than you? lol.