Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Does it involve rednecks? Also - PM!?
    Have you even met a redneck? Just curious anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Have you even met a redneck? Just curious anyway.
    Yes, a very loud one in the lift going up the Eiffel Tower. Very loud. No escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, a very loud one in the lift going up the Eiffel Tower. Very loud. No escape.
    I don't know if standing next to one in an elevator counts.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I could tell you exactly why, but it will get me permabanned from this forum, no doubt someone else will say it though.
    Because majority of their soldiers are criminals?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Because majority of their soldiers are criminals?
    They do not allow people with extensive criminal records in the Military, if they are criminals they have never been caught.

They do not allow people with extensive criminal records in the Military, if they are criminals they have never been caught.
    And lying about such is grounds for dishonorable discharge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    And lying about such is grounds for dishonorable discharge.
    They are supposed to do full background checks before you join, if you want a top secret clearance they check everything, every cavity.....

They are supposed to do full background checks before you join, if you want a top secret clearance they check everything, every cavity.....
    Yeah, I almost got a job with General Dynamics that would have required it.

what does extensive mean...

Deleted
    Probably getting references from past character history, checking cautions, arrests, anything i guess.

Also school records i'd imagine? I have no idea.

Deleted
    Anything serious or anyone that is a multiple offender.

Iam astonished this is surprise for some.

Its a fact that there is excellent persons in all ranks of armed forces but the is alot of low ranked ones are just primitive ppl that cant do anything else besides hold a gun and take blind orders cause thinking for themselfs hurts.

Been this way since the down of humanity and armed conflicts.

I could tell you exactly why, but it will get me permabanned from this forum, no doubt someone else will say it though.
    http://books.google.bg/books?id=SVwP...tution&f=false

Nato, UN and K-4 soldiers are known to cause prostitution numbers to sky rocket and rape to locals. They enable human trafficking and abuse. Or is there something more sinister?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://books.google.bg/books?id=SVwP...tution&f=false

Nato, UN and K-4 soldiers are known to cause prostitution numbers to sky rocket and rape to locals. They enable human trafficking and abuse. Or is there something more sinister?
    Nothing to do with that, all I will say it is has something to do with the US gang culture.

Why does this happen more often in the U.S. military?

1) Most sex offenders are serial offenders; the average sex offender has hundreds of victims over the course of their lifetime.

2) Most sex offenses in the U.S. military, for a variety of reasons, are not prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. One of the big reasons is that, until recently, commanders and not professional prosecutors determined who got charged with sexual assault and rape. Another reason is that fully one quarter of victims of sexual assault and rape do not report because their commander is the one who assaulted them.

Add those two together, you have a system where repeat offenses are common because nothing of genuine consequence happens to the offender when they first commit a sex crime. So they go on to commit another. And another. And another. And then they continue when they're back in civilian life, which is usually when they finally face justice (if at all).

So the rather obvious answer is to create a prosecutorial mechanism for these crimes that is independent of the chain of command.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the various contributions, here's what I think..

1. Depending the interpretation of sexual assault. Well, there's laws... Federal laws that are definitely applicable.
    18 USC § 2241 - Aggravated sexual abuse

Reading that, it appears that even prisoners, criminals have a better protection than military members. Well that would be the case if we'd assume that the military is exempted from the country's laws. Which it certainly shouldn't at all.
    It's kind of grotesque, if you look at it from another angle. We have the Gun debate, with hundreds of pages. Therein is a number of pro gun supporters making the claim, how we need those guns to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. A laughable stance in my opinion. No government is tyrannical. No government ever has been tyrannical. Are you insane? Some may think now... But no I am not.... Government, commonly ran by politicians. Those guys aren't any threat to anyone. Usually that's old men, and women who lack fitness and what not. They are no tyrants....
    All tyrannical systems have one thing in common.... Military!
    To avoid tyranny (if it's even possible), the difference has to be made by excessive supervision of that very branch. You have to reduce the possibility for the military to act independent.
    With that said... Any and all criminal violations of the country's law need to, and have to be a matter of the criminal courts of the country, and NOT the military courts.
    Military courts can deal with simple matters that are subject to internal military code violations that aren't necessarily law violation. Military courts can put additional punishment onto soldiers, but that is and should not be bound on the enforcement of the country's laws.
    If the military fails to obey the laws, if it's police and courts fail to carry out those laws, then it's time to approach the military with the language everyone in the service understands.... Time to kick some ass. The fish stinks at the head first.. Discharge any and all officers who prevent the laws execution.
    When the ranks in charge have to fear for their positions, then it should be just a matter of time until things are back in order. Because I am sure that there are also good men and women who will do the job a lot better, and serve their country with pride and honor instead.

One more thought that bugs me... If the situation is already out of hands amongst their own people.... one starts to wonder how they tread the people in those foreign countries where they are deployed to. If guys aren't shy to even rape their own comrades, how much lower is their resistance to hurt and rape the foreign women..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."