Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Haha, I imagine some of the posters here in role of the band who continued to play as the ship disappeared under the waves.
    hahahahha exactly...

Deleted
    People seem to forget that most of the sub numbers lost were from the East. And that is a VERY volatile market for MMOs. Once we see a significant drop in the West, I'll start to worry.

Remember that WoW is basically one of the few succesfull MMOs in the west using a sub model. And it is more succesfull than all the rest combined. The sub model is dying, not WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    Revert back to the wrath model of raiding.

It gave the good raiders a place where they could get a challenge (25 man mode) and opened up the raiding scene to the casual raiders.

10 man normal was great for beer league, casual raiding and having fun with alts. And it did offer an amount of social interaction, so you bonded with your guildies and meet new people.
    Pugs where great fun.
    Funny, because at this point, 10 man is probably the harder mode. Considering from my experience raiding both heroic 10 and 25 man ToT, you can lose half of your raid in 25 man and still kill the boss while it is basically a wipe if you lose 2 people in 10 man.

Please, get your head out of your arse. Wrath model was tiring and basically forced hardcore raiders to run 4 difficulty modes (Altho, ICC was a step in the right direction). It accelerated the burnout of players. Also, currently nothing is stopping you from running 10 mans on your alts while raiding 25 man on your main, hmm?
    I'm kind of content that I only have to do ToT once a week, I imagine if I had been running twice a week, I'd be sick of the place by now already.

Also, your argument of 10 man guilds being a ghost town outside of raid hours, that is easily solved: Get more bloody socials in your guild.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-05-09 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Everyone quit cause of dead realms nothing to do AH is overpriced
    Exactly the reason I quit recently and no plans to go back.... I can think of better things to spend my £20 transfer money on

£20 x 6 chars.....expensive
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2013-05-09 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Typing on the phone now. This sucks lol. I think that once you set the bar, you have to leave it there. They changed raiding a lot in wrath and it wasn't a bad thing. More raiders are good for the raiding community. There were 4 difficulties back then. It was the perfect system to condition people and ease them into a higher difficultly. But they took that away, they started to move backward. In my opinion they are making the same mistake with lfr. They set the bar really low, and it is giving people a boring and reward less experience.
    Hmm difference of opinions I guess. I really think one of the bigger overall issues is the lack of social interaction though but I'll have to leave it at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    i doubt this drop has anything to do with the expansion.
    MoP has blown many people away.. my self included.
    The game took a massive step in the right direction. usually by this time in the xpac i take a break because i have nothing really to do besides raiding.
    now every time i login there is something to do for me.

i lean towards the people who said that it is an old game and this is expected.
    overall mop for me and the majority of my friends has been a huge success.
    I guess it's down to personal opinions.
    To me and my circle of in game friends mop (and cata lets not forget cata) has been terrible. I was one of the last to stay.
    So I guess, yes, what for you might be a step in the right direction, for others could be yet another step in the wrong one.

We've all played the game for a while. I spent about 7-8 years myself on it. But you have to look at it from a "new player" point of view. What does the game offer to a newcomer?

I tell you "new players" because at the end of the day, being the game nearly 10 years old, you're expected a loss of subs from the older players. They need to be replaced somehow. The replacement isn't happening, as the game isn't attractive enough I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that might help is that if they changed the design of daily quests to not be your traditional style quest. If I liked one thing in Guild Wars 2 it was the fact you could contribute to a specific event and based on your participation you get a bronze silver or gold award with the appropriate award to go with that.

In wow it could be bronze - 5 valor, silver - 10 valor - gold - 15 valor.

Also, no kill stealing put this in the game and people would work with each other and not against them which is what an MMO should be. Working together.

nothing lasts forever

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Hmm difference of opinions I guess. I really think one of the bigger overall issues is the lack of social interaction though but I'll have to leave it at that.
    It is a social issue that's for sure. I just hate typing on the phone. LFR does not encourage you to be social to win. Raid difficultly and socializing go hand in hand. You meet people outside of your guild in pugs. If no one is pugging then you meet fewer people. In BC I did not meet a lot of people in our progression runs. I met them in the casual content at the time. I met and made many friends running kara and za. That was the beer league raiding in BC. People would be more social if what they want to join in is accessible and rewarding.
    Last edited by Ragashii; 2013-05-09 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    It is a social issue that's for sure. I just hate typing on the phone. LFR does not encourage you to be social to win. Raid difficultly and socializing go hand in hand. You meet people outside of your guild in pugs. If no one is pugging then you meet fewer people. In BC I did not meet a lot of people in our progression runs. I met them in the casual content at the time. I met and made many friends running kara and za. That was the beer league raiding in BC. People would be more social if what they want to join in accessible and rewarding.
    I agree and I'll add that I had a huge friends list, all people who I had fun playing with in heroics. I didn't start raiding till late in TBC, yet I still had so much to do, and heroics were my endgame. I had really a lot of fun learning to play properly in those dungeons.

I think dead realms do play a big part in it. Along with some of the fail things they did this xpac (the amount of grinds and alt unfriendlyness)

Dead realms in particular annoy me. I am on a pretty dead realm and THANK GOD for LFR and LFD. The only reason I am here is to play with my mates. The transfer costs quite frankly are disgusting. They should allow you to transfer for free one character per 2months. If you wish to do more than that then pay a small fee £5 or so. Keep it in line with F2P game features on that respect.

Dead realms need to be xrealmed into other realms. Don't simply merge them but instead open up the cross realm system. Example, you have low pop realms, Cross realm them together allow trading between characters from those realms. Not only that but people with the same name can keep them simply have the realm they belonged to tagged onto the end of their name like you do in LFD etc. Making the cross realms work that way makes more sense to me. Makes the "world" seem busier and you network servers together to share the load between them and the player base has more people to interact with on their realms. Also the AH between those realms can be setup to be viewed by anyone whos realm is in that pool. you can add an option the AH to check your realm or the xrealm pool and the same for listing your items on AH you can list it as your sever only or include the entire pool.

Joining a guild can also include people from another realm in that same pool so if there are 4 realms you can have players from ALL of those realms in the same guild. I see no reason why it can't happen as its just a logical network. It might not be easy to initially setup but long term you can do further xrealm mergers to help the population remain healthy.

wow is aging nothing new there and especially asian players that regard "graphics" probably first in their ranking find it outdated, that said it still the first and no other is coming near it's numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    wow is aging nothing new there and especially asian players that regard "graphics" probably first in their ranking find it outdated, that said it still the first and no other is coming near it's numbers.
    It's not that much of a game even leaving graphics aside, in its current state. Levelling is atrocious, end game too busy and community basically non existent.
    Wow is a good game in terms of gameplay and brand name in my opinion.

As I said in other prediction threads, MoP's asian theme is generally dislike in *gasp* asia. This is due to the game being so cheesy in WESTERNIZED asian culture. Hell the guo lai ruins literally mean "come here ruins" in Chinese. The only thing that remotely reminded me of asia was jade forest. And very remotely at that.

Sub losses will continue to mount in pay by the min asia.

Wow dosn't cater to hardcore or casual anymore.

Wow caters to the anti-social.

The people I would meet in a 25 man pug or 10 man pug (whatever my guild wasnt doing) were the same people I bg'd with or arena'd with.

Now those people are gone, the guild is running on fumes with half the raid way less skilled than desired.

We log on, do OUR dailies, do OUR lfr, never really meet anyone and log off.

Don't cry, wow can survive on the anti-social but many of us have no interest in that.

Deleted
    this is the first time i'm happy to see a sub loss.
    being a player since early vanilla i appreciated the evolution of this game through the xpacs, but now it's nothing more than a time soaking game revolving around dailyies for almost everything.
    they stopped making new hcs, introduced the useless scenarios, new bgs are like copy pastes of old ideas and in the end the only good thing of this xpac are some of the raids BUT everything else has a poor design.
    they even killed alt leveling making it too much time expensive for the meaning of an alt.
    in the end this game is going back to a formula where only ppl with enough time can enjoy the game, for the others there isn't even a point in logging in anymore.
    wrath and cata models worked better for me, but hey i'm just one so i'm not complaining about the new changes but i think i have the right to be happy if they loss subs in this moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    People seem to forget that most of the sub numbers lost were from the East. And that is a VERY volatile market for MMOs. Once we see a significant drop in the West, I'll start to worry.

Remember that WoW is basically one of the few succesfull MMOs in the west using a sub model. And it is more succesfull than all the rest combined. The sub model is dying, not WoW.

Funny, because at this point, 10 man is probably the harder mode. Considering from my experience raiding both heroic 10 and 25 man ToT, you can lose half of your raid in 25 man and still kill the boss while it is basically a wipe if you lose 2 people in 10 man.

Please, get your head out of your arse. Wrath model was tiring and basically forced hardcore raiders to run 4 difficulty modes (Altho, ICC was a step in the right direction). It accelerated the burnout of players. Also, currently nothing is stopping you from running 10 mans on your alts while raiding 25 man on your main, hmm?
    I'm kind of content that I only have to do ToT once a week, I imagine if I had been running twice a week, I'd be sick of the place by now already.

Also, your argument of 10 man guilds being a ghost town outside of raid hours, that is easily solved: Get more bloody socials in your guild.
    Well the continuing discussion about which mode is harder is hardly relevant, when talking about reverting to the wrath model.

And running LFR + normal/heroic isn't tiring...

well to run alt runs you end up to go LFR + Normal each week with 2 chars, add to that that MoP is a very Alt unfriendly expansion...

Invite more bloody social, that is a very interesting thing to say. Back in the day people would invite RL friends or people that they meet in wow to join the guild, they would invite people with whom they had developed an initial connection.
    With only 10 man raiding teams there is a limit to the amount of rl friends and most of those rl friends are in the raid team already so... add to that that the game hardly lets you meet people anymore so to say. You go into LFD say hi complete and que up and it is the same problem with LFR.
    Back in the days of pugs you might want to talk to other people in vent or send them a whisper in the chat.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Wow dosn't cater to hardcore or casual anymore.

Wow caters to the anti-social.

The people I would meet in a 25 man pug or 10 man pug (whatever my guild wasnt doing) were the same people I bg'd with or arena'd with.

Now those people are gone, the guild is running on fumes with half the raid way less skilled than desired.

We log on, do OUR dailies, do OUR lfr, never really meet anyone and log off.

Don't cry, wow can survive on the anti-social but many of us have no interest in that.
    That is correct in my opinion

It is a social issue that's for sure. I just hate typing on the phone. LFR does not encourage you to be social to win. Raid difficultly and socializing go hand in hand. You meet people outside of your guild in pugs. If no one is pugging then you meet fewer people. In BC I did not meet a lot of people in our progression runs. I met them in the casual content at the time. I met and made many friends running kara and za. That was the beer league raiding in BC. People would be more social if what they want to join in is accessible and rewarding.
    another statement i aggre with
    Last edited by mmoc30cfcfeceb; 2013-05-09 at 12:29 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    You guys seriously putting this much effort about how Normal mode is too hard for you really boggled my mind. I'm not trying to be insulting or any of that either but some of the arguments are basically that not standing in fire is too hard. I just don't understand what is so hard.
    until i saw LFR in 4.3, i would not believe how bad most wow player are. I mean hagara, the SO SLOW rotating spike phase, i thought i would be impossible to die from such a lame mechanics, ... until i jump into LFR and see half raid dying on them EVERY TIME.

Ultraxion, all the raid have to do is click a freaking button for the hour of twilight, that not even 10 years old level of difficult concept to understand. How half the raid managed to die to this is beyong me.

it's only after seeing lfr that i start to lose faith in humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    until i saw LFR in 4.3, i would not believe how bad most wow player are. I mean hagara, the SO SLOW rotating spike phase, i thought i would be impossible to die from such a lame mechanics, ... until i jump into LFR and see half raid dying on them EVERY TIME.

Ultraxion, all the raid have to do is click a freaking button for the hour of twilight, that not even 10 years old level of difficult concept to understand. How half the raid managed to die to this is beyong me.

it's only after seeing lfr that i start to lose faith in humanity.
    It's probably because they don't know that they have to do those things. I highly doubt that people would fail at outrunning Hagara's ice spikes if they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It's not that much of a game even leaving graphics aside, in its current state. Levelling is atrocious, end game too busy and community basically non existent.
    Wow is a good game in terms of gameplay and brand name in my opinion.
    still probably all around better then 99.9% of the competitors, yea each one of them take an aspect of the game and bring it to a new level but all in all wow still better.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    It's probably because they don't know that they have to do those things. I highly doubt that people would fail at outrunning Hagara's ice spikes if they tried.
    you are too kind. aside from the fact that is plain obvious that if spikes are coming at me, i'm going to start running the opposite direction, because i felt being impaled is not a good thing, people kept on failing week after week after week.

of course there were the occasional priest with their "life grip practical joke"