Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Wow dosn't cater to hardcore or casual anymore.

Wow caters to the anti-social.

The people I would meet in a 25 man pug or 10 man pug (whatever my guild wasnt doing) were the same people I bg'd with or arena'd with.

Now those people are gone, the guild is running on fumes with half the raid way less skilled than desired.

We log on, do OUR dailies, do OUR lfr, never really meet anyone and log off.

Don't cry, wow can survive on the anti-social but many of us have no interest in that.
    This is very true. Server communities were completely destroyed.

Deleted
    I still think people are underestimating the effect league of legends is having on wow, especially in asia.

People tend to play one online game at time, even MOBAs, and tend to play one to the exclusion of all others (still dabbling with single players as a side attraction though). You're pretty sheltered from the rise of league on mmochampion - it's the game of a somewhat separate generation: 15 to 19 year olds. But let me tell you, China is going crazy for it and it's snowballing in popularity pretty hard in the West too.

Wow doesn't hold players in a unique way so much now, blizzard has focused on gameplay and convenience which are both replaced and surpassed by what league has to offer. In wow you can get a stunted sense of community in your isolated guild, but its just too much of a lobby now, it's transparent, it's not addictive. If blizzard want to fight against losing active and potential subscribers to games like league, and yes, the F2P market, then they need to focus on what wow does better than anything else, and not this common denominator blandness we have at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    The nullifying of multiboxing in BGs has to be taken into consideration for this drop, though, to be fair about it. Not for the entire 1.3M of course, but for a sizeable portion.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

I am one of those who quit after playing since the start. So these numbers are not surprising really. They will drop further as time goes on.

In my opinion the main reason I left was because the server I was on pretty much died. All the people you knew moved on and this took away the main reason to play, to chat and have fun with other people.
    Blizzard screwed up by allowing things to happen cross realm. There is now no need to know and get to know other people on your realm. Before you would have to integrate with the server and its community to do things. This taught you who were decent people/guilds and who to avoid. It also meant if you were a brat kid you wouldn't get far, it taught them to behave or suffer. There is none of that now and the community as a whole is pretty bad because of it. It is like the Wild West where there are no consequences for your behaviour. You are anonymous and will remain so.

To sort this game out Blizzard need to remember it is just that, a game. People don't have the 24hrs a day to play it and those that do really need to sort themselves out as one day you will be royally screwed if all you did was play wow.
    But as said above it needs to remember why it became so successful in the first place, the players. They need to drop the cross server things and encourage people to get to know each other and form friendships/bonds. Because right now it just seems like a single player game.

But Blizzard won't change anything, the servers will continue to become ghost towns and Blizz will still charge you to move your chars to a new server. People won't do that.

I hope the game can improve in the future but it is obvious it won't. By catering for everyone they became a jack of all trades but great at nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I hope you see where I am going with this?
    "People left" + "I don't like this" does not equal "people left because of this thing I dislike".
    Hehe yeah, shame logic is no longer taught in school (and it would be lost on today's kids anyway).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Aaah, MMO-C..
    Where "me and my friends" is more trustworthy than "our internal data show that.."

5.2 lost subscribers.
    5.2 also shifted the focus away from dailies and brought a shitload of lore into the game!
    Therefore it's proven that players want a million dailies and no lore.
    You can't prove me wrong, trololololol \o/

I hope you see where I am going with this?
    "People left" + "I don't like this" does not equal "people left because of this thing I dislike".
    People left because of things they dislike and make no mistake a lot of people left so there is either a lot to dislike or many of them dislike the same thing(s). Rather than dismissing, as usual, someone if they say they dislike something why not discuss it? If it turns out that many agree with them and something is disliked by many then Blizzard will be, potentially, able to address the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Hehe yeah, shame logic is no longer taught in school (and it would be lost on today's kids anyway).
    Pot calling the kettle back a bit much? weren't you just inventing Rift's subscription figures and deciding that it was going F2P (which is certainly big "News" to those that play the game) to advocate your own position? Sounds like logic to me.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Funny, because at this point, 10 man is probably the harder mode. Considering from my experience raiding both heroic 10 and 25 man ToT, you can lose half of your raid in 25 man and still kill the boss while it is basically a wipe if you lose 2 people in 10 man.
    You are 100% correct, and that is the problem... 10s used to be much easier than 25s so they served as the "LFR" version of raiding but you actually had to do mechanics and you could learn in 10 mans to become better and join a 25 man...
    Now LFR doesnt teach anything, it just shows content and gives everything that real raiding does with no need to do anything but que up.

Please, get your head out of your arse. Wrath model was tiring and basically forced hardcore raiders to run 4 difficulty modes (Altho, ICC was a step in the right direction).
    Not sure what 4 difficulty modes you mean, there was 25 man and 10 man. You would run 10 man for 251 items to help fill the gap in your 264's so there was 2 modes... just like there is now... LFR says high! And even though Blizz tries to say dailies arent a "required" mode... anyone that raids KNOWS dailies for coins are required... so you now have 3 things you must run and one of them (dailies) have to be done everyday.

It accelerated the burnout of players.
    It did? I sure seem to remember Wrath being the highest WOW sub numbers of all time... check your fact bud, and I sure didnt see the number one raiding guild in the world announce they were quitting because of the seperate lock outs... but they sure as hell quit last week and the reason was specifically burn out due to LFR, dailies, raids, and content coming on top of each other that there was no time to breath... in fact that is exactly what they said.
    Also, currently nothing is stopping you from running 10 mans on your alts while raiding 25 man on your main, hmm

I'm kind of content that I only have to do ToT once a week, I imagine if I had been running twice a week, I'd be sick of the place by now already.
    So you dont do lfr?
    Also, your argument of 10 man guilds being a ghost town outside of raid hours, that is easily solved: Get more bloody socials in your guild.
    LOL theres no one on most servers, you have 10 to 12 servers that have what is deemed a "healthy" player base... kinda hard to just "get more bloody socials" when there arent any bloody people on to get...

Deleted
    If anything this will surely motivate Blizz to put more effort on the 5th expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc72727c7d9f; 2013-05-09 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Pot calling the kettle back a bit much? weren't you just inventing Rift's subscription figures and deciding that it was going F2P (which is certainly big "News" to those that play the game) to advocate your own position? Sounds like logic to me.
    Inventing? It was at 250K months ago: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png
    Given the trend, I'm probably optimistic.

Also, I said that they're considering F2P and that was not a good sign. These are obviously rumours and they should be taken with a pinch of salt, but they do exist.
    MMO player

15+ Year Old Account
    Inventing? It was at 250K months ago: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

Also, I said that they're considering F2P and that was not a good sign. These are obviously rumours and they should be taken with a pinch of salt, but they do exist.
    Rift doesn't release any financial or subscription data due to not being a public company. So any subscription numbers are a guess at best. But before I left it was a ghost town in January.

I'm open for discussion.
    But not in this thread, it's quite impossible :P It's waaaaay too spammy.

And who dismisses their issues with this game?
    About the bolded part:
    People usually tend to say: "This thing sucks and that is a fact because they lost 1.3 million subs! Everyone who disagrees is a fanboy and crawls into GC's ass."

They actually do change things when a lot of people want this change.
    5.2 had a big overhaul in how dailies, reputation and valor worked.
    5.2 brought extra rewards to 25-raids, made LFR a bit harder.
    5.3 brings changed to the leveling of alts and many other things, the way that coins work in LFR for example.
    I don't like it when people act as if Blizzard NEVER listens to customers just because they don't implement their idea within a week.
    If this thread is too spammy why add to it? There was no need, as usual, for you to jump on that poster.

You consistently try to stifle any criticism of Blizzard or WOW, if people cannot discuss the problems with the game how can Blizzard possibly know what they are?

Even your selective quoting makes no mention of "fanboys" or "crawling into GC's ass."

Obviously all those changes are too little too late for many, next time you attack someone for having an issue with WOW's game play think that maybe if they were aware if these issues they might have been able to deal with them before losing over 10% of their customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Rift doesn't release any financial or subscription data due to not being a public company. So any subscription numbers are a guess at best. But before I left it was a ghost town in January.
    Well, it only confirms the trouble Trion is in. Which was obvious from the start of the game on, but heh.
    MMO player

you do understand that the MMO website you just sourced says explicitly that rift sub numbers indicated are based on nothing but pure conjecture right - might help when you understand that stuff before you spout it off as some fact. you do know that they have different classes for citing the accuracy of the data they have

also, a thread on MMO-C by some random wow fan saying they'd like to play rift if only it went F2P is not the basis for "Rift is Considering going F2P".
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's not an excuse but even if it was so what. Asking players to manage their time to that degree is the hallmark of a non casual game.
    Good you finally opened your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaManHester View Post
    Is 8.3 the lowest subs have been of any xpac ? It was growing steady in BC, was Big in WotLK and Cata, I guess not Huge in Japan themed silliness
    It's about where it was at the start of BC.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Wow dosn't cater to hardcore or casual anymore.

Wow caters to the anti-social.

The people I would meet in a 25 man pug or 10 man pug (whatever my guild wasnt doing) were the same people I bg'd with or arena'd with.

Now those people are gone, the guild is running on fumes with half the raid way less skilled than desired.

We log on, do OUR dailies, do OUR lfr, never really meet anyone and log off.

Don't cry, wow can survive on the anti-social but many of us have no interest in that.
    I second that. WoW caters to the anti-social.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxeon View Post
    Lmao. Did you even play before Wrath? Warlocks facerolled everyone without even trying in TBC, vanilla had shamans that could one-hit anyone with a windfury proc (and they were horde only, paladins couldn't do that.) Add onto that raiders being able to own everyone else as PvP gear was so stupidly hard to get, and you really don't have a clue.

Also, the devs said 'pokemon' was even more popular than they expected it to be, and as it's 100% optional with no real rewards, you just seem to be blaming it on everything you don't happen to like.
    Forgot Reckoning Bombs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    you do understand that the MMO website you just sourced says explicitly that rift sub numbers indicated are based on nothing but pure conjecture right - might help when you understand that stuff before you spout it off as some fact. you do know that they have different classes for citing the accuracy of the data they have
    Then by all means, present a different set of data. Yes, Rift data is inaccurate (it is ranked "C" by the mmodata admin), but it's the best we have. You won't be able to turn the number to 1 Mil or even 500K no matter how hard you try.

also, a thread on MMO-C by some random wow fan saying they'd like to play rift if only it went F2P is not the basis for "Rift is Considering going F2P".
    I don't read MMO-C Rift forums.
    MMO player

well im one of those that quit the reasons i cite are "same shit different day". new raid was fantastic, new dailies were fun, it was all pretty good... but good shit isn't different shit and i've been playing since open beta and once my AP was up it was just time to get movin' on. thanks for the years of fun blizzard