Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's cute... but really... no one can honestly say that when they live in america... i don't even listen to rap much and I know who 2pac is... hell I knew who he was when I was 8 and never listened to rap. You just know who people are and 2pac falls under that category... call it edgy call it w/e... you're not that isolated, you know who 2pac is but you're just trying to be clever. Nice try though.
    I don't live in America though. Never heard his name as I don't really care much for rap.

CNN is covering that crazy in Ohio when they should be covering this. If I was that kids parent me and that teacher would have a fucking problem. She did some attempt to de escalate because she did not want to get swung on, but the kid did bring up a lot of issues and now a lot of stuff is out in the light that will get her lazy ass suspended until it is reviewed.

The principle of that school is going to be under the gun to act. 166,000+ views on that video means national attention to this one teacher in this one classroom handing out packets and calling it learning.

2PAC got caught up in his own bullshit. If he would have stayed calm he would have been ok. Go figure the only 2pac songs that survive till today on the radio are the positive ones and not half the other bullshit he rapped about. Go look at what Eminem raps about these days compared to what he used to rap about.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    He might have been 100% accurate in all he said, still, disrespectful, and if it was my son. We'd have a talk in the least. But i guess you see it is ok to be a disrespectful punk like that kid demonstrated.
    What he did was stand up for what he believes. There is a difference between being a "disrespectful punk" and pointing out facts that may be hard for someone to hear.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-05-09 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    If we didn't pay our teachers shit wages then we might be able to attract people that are better qualified to teach, especially Math and Sciences. Why go make 20-30k a year as a Teacher when you can make 60k-100k as an Engineer or a Chemist etc?
    Why teach in the first place if you aren't planning on teaching at all? I had a dutch teacher who did NOTHING but tell us which assignments we had to do/read up on for the tests. Besides that she didn't explain ANYTHING. She just sat there on her laptop.

The Justified Highschool rant. Jeff Bliss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_cmS-M9dQ

Link above, The Texas student stood up after being told to stop bitching when he raised his hand to ask his teacher a question.

IMO : You go dude.

Deleted
    This should raise some attention to the fact that teachers are not these innocent angels who are always right, and this is an unfortunate reality. That student is smarter than his teacher.

I know shitty teachers like this. I can do their pathetic job myself. How hard can it be to give them some pieces of paper you copied from a book?

Deleted
    Sounds a bit like my teachers, I just don't bother with their classes as I can score whatever I need to score in the exam anyway even if the teacher hates me.

The kid brings up some good points, but we don't know what prompted it and that is clearly not the best format for it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor kid... I understand what position he's in and what kind of teacher that is. They just sit there and hand out packets and didn't he mention something about her saying that she just wants her paycheck? If the teacher said that there is no reason why he shouldn't go off on her, that is extremely rude towards your students who you are supposed to teach. It's one thing to just give them packets etc. but it's another to say you don't give a shit and it's just your paycheck.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    The kid is right IMO.

I had too many teachers like that woman in the video who would come in, hand us an hour's worth of reading and that's the "lesson".

My History teacher used to dictate to us. Yes, dictate passages from history books just to fill the time. We'd sit, in silence, and write down word for word everything he read out. Other times he would put a video on and go to sleep. We weren't expected to pay attention to the video or even make notes, most of the time it was unrelated to our class-work. We watched a film about the Spanish Armada when we had been writing down passages about World War II..

My Art teacher put me off art for life. I let her lack of enthusiasm and interest affect me enough to drop the subject, and I really wish I hadn't but it's hard (especially with creative subjects imo) to push through and create interesting pieces when your teacher is essentially forcing you into a box you don't want to be in. I was dissuaded from my love of fine art so that she could take the easy teaching route and have us do photo manipulations or textiles where you just have to follow a pattern.

There are really good teachers out there who don't get enough credit though. My maths and sciences teachers were all amazing. The chemistry guy was like totally insane and would leave the textbook as homework; class-time was all about getting to the fun stuff and actually understanding by doing the chemistry instead of just having us read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    What he did was stand up for what he believes. There is a difference between being a "disrespectful punk" and pointing out facts that may be hard for someone to hear.

There is a proper way, and avenue to stand up for what he believes, rapping when asked to leave the class, is not that avenue. Kid is a disrespectful punk, no if ands or buts about it. I also would told that punk to pull up his pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    Certainly poor teaching is a problem. We need more information than a one and a half minute YouTube video though.
    No the teacher is blatantly lazy, just by the way she talks and doesn't even address him. "bye, bye, bye" is all she says to him, doesn't even want to hear a bit of it because she knows it's true, I've dealt with people like that who try to dismiss you as fast as possible because they don't like being told about their faults... They are weak people and criticism makes them dismissive and offended because they do know that they are lazy. I had a good friend at one point, turned out to be a complete shitter after he graduated high school, I try to tell him, "Why don't you just get a job and stop just sitting at home all day smoking weed or whatever", he instantly gets offended and it seems like it's exactly the same case with this teacher.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    The US public school system is absolutely atrocious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Biased video, we see nothing of what the teacher did or said. All I got from that is the student "lecturing" the teacher, but nothing on why he did it. Also we heard that the teacher wanted him out of the classroom most likely since he is disturbing the class

Already a thread on it. But yeah, gg for him.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21074041

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    This should raise some attention to the fact that teachers are not these innocent angels who are always right, and this is an unfortunate reality. That student is smarter than his teacher.

I know shitty teachers like this. I can do their pathetic job myself. How hard can it be to give them some pieces of paper you copied from a book?
    Right, because -all- teachers are lazy bums that have basically a free ride. /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Biased video, we see nothing of what the teacher did or said. All I got from that is the student "lecturing" the teacher, but nothing on why he did it. Also we heard that the teacher wanted him out of the classroom most likely since he is disturbing the class
    No it was pretty obvious. (we should probably merge the threads) Just by the way to the teacher was acting you could tell she knew she was wrong but was being dismissive without doing anything other than saying "bye" 50 times. She knows she's lazy but doesn't want to be told that because it hurts to be criticized and nothing hurts more when you are lazy and being criticized for being lazy.
    Hey everyone

There is already a thread about this. Close this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    No it was pretty obvious. (we should probably merge the threads) Just by the way to the teacher was acting you could tell she knew she was wrong but was being dismissive without doing anything other than saying "bye" 50 times. She knows she's lazy but doesn't want to be told that because it hurts to be criticized and nothing hurts more when you are lazy and being criticized for being lazy.
    It is still biased, his whole speech is pretty much out of contex from everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    There's a time and a place to do it; his choice of time and place was not respectful at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.