Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I hope Blizzard learned their lesson now not to make panda and pony expansions

Start of Cataclysm (first 2-3 months) was the last good time of WoW. MOP isn't even a WoW expansion, noone cares about it. It generated no hype whatsoever, it's about pandas. A story (in this case, game) can only be as good as it's villain. WoW died with the lich king.

Just make the next expansion a WoW expansion, not some panda ponies queer stuff... People that played WoW since 2006 grew up by now, and WoW as it was, was ridiculous enough, no need for this idiocy that is MOP....

But yeah anyway, I hope the 6 million players that will be left playing by the end of the year will enjoy logging in for one day per 6 months just to clear the raid in LFR. What a brilliant idea Blizzard, makes all the work worth it for you I'm sure....

Well I can already tell this is going to be an informative and enriching thread.

So the point of this thread is....? Nothing about Pandaren is childish, the only thing childish in this thread is you OP.

Edit: Your past threads are pretty childish in fact.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Since everyone isn't smart enough to google wow banwaves they recently banned a massive ammount of botters who are actual subscribers believe it or not and that will have to do with it.

Also this "Panda" expansion where did we ever truly have a "PANDA OMFG IM EVIL PANDA BOSS"? Shas>all other bosses I swear if you guys would stop complaining and due what you say they should due like stop using lfg/lfr and doing it the old way I bet you revert back to the new way when you realize how bad it sucks sitting in trade for an hour for 1 5 man group lol..

Quote Originally Posted by stormich50 View Post
    Start of Cataclysm (first 2-3 months) was the last good time of WoW. MOP isn't even a WoW expansion, noone cares about it. It generated no hype whatsoever, it's about pandas. A story (in this case, game) can only be as good as it's villain. WoW died with the lich king.

Just make the next expansion a WoW expansion, not some panda ponies queer stuff... People that played WoW since 2006 grew up by now, and WoW as it was, was ridiculous enough, no need for this idiocy that is MOP....

But yeah anyway, I hope the 6 million players that will be left playing by the end of the year will enjoy logging in for one day per 6 months just to clear the raid in LFR. What a brilliant idea Blizzard, makes all the work worth it for you I'm sure....

For starters most of the losses were in the East just like always. More than likely banned botting accounts.

Secondly, each expansion dips down by several million and comes back up each time and goes back down. So exactly what does that prove about Pandas? Nothing. All it means is that we run out of stuff to do, which is going to happen as it's almost impossible to constantly feed content to people when they'll go through most of it in a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'd argue that Blizzard went with the Asian theme to attract more Asian customers, even expanding to several new Asian countries; only to lose Asian subs in a significant amount. I think they will return to aiming WoW primarily at the Western market after this.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Well I'd argue that Blizzard went with the Asian theme to attract more Asian customers, even expanding to several new Asian countries; only to lose Asian subs in a significant amount. I think they will return to aiming WoW primarily at the Western market after this.
    Pretty much this and I hope they learned their lesson after styling an entire expansion after one culture, imagine if all of Cataclysm was Gilneas.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Theme is great. They screwed up the endgame. See signature.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IDespicable View Post
    Most of the lost subs are from banned chinese botters. What are you babbling on about?
    I doubt it. Otherwise Blizzard would have said that.

OT: Pandas are not babyish.
    The themes of this expansion are more serious than the others.
    While I like Wrath story more because of Arthas, Northrend, and the Lich King, there is a serious depth storywise in MoP.
    Heaps of lore.
    With a corrupt *not physically corrupt* leader of the horde attempting to gain as much power as he can, rebellions, deaths.
    It's not some baby expansion.

If you actually played the game you would realize that.
    So get off your high-horse and go back to doing whatever you were doing prior than trying to bait people.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    For starters most of the losses were in the East just like always. More than likely banned botting accounts.

Secondly, each expansion dips down by several million and comes back up each time and goes back down. So exactly what does that prove about Pandas? Nothing. All it means is that we run out of stuff to do, which is going to happen as it's almost impossible to constantly feed content to people when they'll go through most of it in a week.
    There's going to be 6.5 million or less subscribers by the end of this garbage expansion, mark my words. I'm making a thread about it when it ends just to brag about my pro predictionz.

Also if you believe they banned a million botting accounts get a reality check. WoW fanboys are hilarious. I mean if you were a fan of the game back when it mattered that's fine, but now?
    Last edited by stormich50; 2013-05-09 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    And making this thread is the epitom of maturity......
    Yeah......

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I doubt it has much to do with that.

Fact is they've taking the RPG out of MMORPG and much of the MMO out of MMORPG as well.

For many players, WoW is nothing more than a single player experience with MMO experiences mixed in and, frankly, the single player games that have been hitting the consoles lately have been absolutely mind-blowing. Blizzard didn't lose 14% of it's WoW customer base (in one quarter) because of a botting ban wave or poor choice on an expansion theme, it's because they've tried to transform the game into a playstyle it was never designed or intended to be and they're getting their asses handed to them.

They should have stayed true to the MMORPG genre. They didn't and consoles are kicking their ass.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-05-09 at 12:40 AM.

There's going to be 6.5 million subscribers by the end of this garbage expansion, mark my words. I'm making a thread about it when it ends just to brag about my pro predictionz
    You are a fool.

Where is this pony expansion i heard so much about did i miss something? Theme wise, could not care that much, gamewise i think it's improved.

Sitting in trade for half an hour to get a group for your daily mechanar/whatever daily heroic it is only to spend an hour there, then spending hours upon end trying to find a group for a different heroic (looking at SH, SLabs, Arc, HFR, etc.) is not fun. Had people actually played in prime time early BC, when shit really was difficult and groups were horrible to get, they wouldn't be reminiscing. I think people just pretend to make make themselves look badass really.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's going to be 6.5 million or less subscribers by the end of this garbage expansion, mark my words. I'm making a thread about it when it ends just to brag about my pro predictionz.

Also if you believe they banned a million botting accounts get a reality check. WoW fanboys are hilarious. I mean if you were a fan of the game back when it mattered that's fine, but now?
    All other MMO's have around 1 to 3M + have better graphics + are younger and more fresh to new pple.
    WoW on other hand has outdated graphics+ is almost 9 years old.
    WoW is still #1 after almost 9 years lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I doubt it has much to do with that.

Fact is they've taking the RPG out of MMORPG and much of the MMO out of MMORPG as well.

For many players, WoW is nothing more than a single player experience with MMO experiences mixed in and, frankly, the single player games that have been hitting the consoles lately have been absolutely mind-blowing. Blizzard didn't lose 14% of it's WoW customer base because of a botting ban wave or poor choice on an expansion theme, it's because they've tried to transform the game into a playstyle it was never designed or intended to be and they're getting their asses handed to them.

They should have stayed true to the MMORPG genre. They didn't and consoles are kicking their ass.
    Actually we'll probably see a rise in subscriptions considering SoO is the last raid, and we've known about it since the beginning of the expansion. People are just waiting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    All other MMO's have around 1 to 3M + have better graphics + are younger and more fresh to new pple.
    The game could've had a lot more subscribers if it wasn't for the poor expansion theme with 0 hype and if they didn't make poor game design choices that I won't even get into because I couldn't care less until MOP ends.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I'd call 6 million bad and clear evidence WoW's days as the king of MMOs are long over.

Which, while it is still the biggest, is pretty much a declaration that WoW is slowly dying.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall, I think Mists is a great expansion and that most of the sub loss is more due to other factors besides the expansion theme and content. I don't think there's anything inherently childish about the expansion, or pandas, especially not within the context of a game that already has bear races.

Anyway, there are a number of other threads right now to discuss the sub loss if that's what you're interested in talking about. Otherwise this thread looks like a ranty opinion thread which is not particularly conducive for genuine discussion, so I'm going to close this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |