Thread: Tanks in LFD

Tanks in LFD

So, I noticed after playing my Monk Tank that it has become a rarity to get the "Satchel of Exotic Mysteries" or whatever it's called.
    Not that it's important, but I'm kind of sad now that I play a tank that I almost never get this item. I know that I can just re-open the window or switch tabs to have it refresh, but it still sucks. It used to be a 100% guarantee as a tank!
    During the last two expansions, tanks always got one whenever they queued up. Now, this has become rare.
    So I ask myself... Have tanks suddenly become so commonplace? Is the Monk Tank so much fun (for me it is, anyway) that they all re-rolled a Monk Tank? Or was it just a LFD change that I missed?

I think there are way fewer people running LFD now since JP is useless and doing LFR gets more VP and better gear. Fewer people means less demand for tanks, so the system doesn't bribe tanks as much. No changes on Blizzard's end, just changes in player behavior.

Deleted
    If you're interested, I think there is at least one addon that tracks when you can get the Satchel or not, or so I've heard. I never tank myself so I wouldn't know much more about this, but surely someone here can tell you more about it.

No one runs LFR anymore. You can see this by the fact it is rare to have more than one person in LFD that doesn't need gear from it. That is why the satchel is so rare... no one is doing it.

Hmm, but I still think it's a good time investment to run it once a day for 80 Valor. Since it's really fast, especially when you're able to dictate the speed.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    No one runs LFR anymore. You can see this by the fact it is rare to have more than one person in LFD that doesn't need gear from it. That is why the satchel is so rare... no one is doing it.
    Not my experience. I do a daily Hc on my Palli tank and my mage. Its very common to do a run with 4 other raid geared ppl who are obviously just VP capping. I get 2 or 3 satchels a week and I dont plan around their availability.