Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Not everyone is as skilled as the rest. Not everyone can achieve the same level of play. You need to understand that before you can follow the discussion.
    If we could get them to understand just that simple fact we'd have progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    And sry, but now pugs doing more than 1/12 ToT is a myth on most servers, pugging is pretty much dead right now.
    Seriously. I'd be willing to be that anyone who claims that pugs can clear ToT or do heroics is on one of the "Big Two" (US anyway): Illidan or Mal'ganis, or at the very least a Top 10 ranked server . Most of us don't have that luxury or don't want to deal with the usual crop of assholes and elitist trolls that infest those servers riding the coattails of it being a top ranked realm.

Deleted
    Not everyone is as skilled as the rest. Not everyone can achieve the same level of play. You need to understand that before you can follow the discussion.
    Doesn't make any sense...a 12 year old could raid normals.It's like saying ''math is too hard for some people'' or ''it's just too hard for that guy to learn that language''

What is raiding?A rotation that involves pressing buttons in a certain orders while moving your character at the right position at the right time and you're mostly helped with positioning and timings by your guild leader.
    Yes a friggin 12 year old could easily raid what's so hard that ''Not everyone is as skilled as the rest''?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Boss Health values of 10-man Normal and LFR could be switched. With the boss Horridon as an example, this would mean that on LFR it would have 392 million health, and 10-man Normal would have 654 million health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Doesn't make any sense...a 12 year old could raid normals.It's like saying ''math is too hard for some people'' or ''it's just too hard for that guy to learn that language''

What is raiding?A rotation that involves pressing buttons in a certain orders while moving your character at the right position at the right time and you're mostly helped with positioning and timings by your guild leader.
    Yes a friggin 12 year old could easily raid what's so hard that ''Not everyone is as skilled as the rest''?
    Because it's simple a fact. Not everyone is skilled as the rest of the players, that's why theirs different levels of content. Unless you think they ought to get rid of heroic content because well what the hell 12 year olds can do it to?

Acutally as an aside children are probably far more adept a video games than adults their brains are still forming and as such learning is much easier for them then adults who's brains are already formed but that's neither here nor there. Some players are just worse than others it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Calling some pretty obvious BS on this. Perhaps if they're just PUGing the last guy or something because their tank didnt show up, but otherwise no. Again you only need to check the stats pages - less than 5% of guilds have got that far, and yet you're claiming it's PUG content? Yeh, right. It's only PUG content if the RNG gods have given you good drops and you've got the achive already.
    The realms with larger raider populations are pugging from 3/12N to 12/12N+1/12HC, some rare ones even up to few heroic modes. The issue with the realm populations also relates to this because many realms don't have a large number of raiding guilds. Their presence tends to result in more pugging and even encourages raiding in general.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    If we could get them to understand just that simple fact we'd have progress.
    that people will suck ass and stay that way no matter what happens?
    Find that very hard to believe, there is always room to improve

If a players absolute top human capacity was not even good enough for normal mode.....well they probably have some worse problems to deal with
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    that people will suck ass and stay that way no matter what happens?
    Find that very hard to believe, there is always room to improve

If a players absolute top human capacity was not even good enough for normal mode.....well they probably have some worse problems to deal with
    Yes and it's a very easy problem to solve. Build a difficulty that is appropriate for their "absolute top human capacity" or tune normals to be appropriate for that.

God if only all problems were that easy to solve. We put a man on the moon ffs...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    then you can tune normals for average players and Heroic to top players, instead of tuning BOTH to the top % of players.
    yet they arnt
    Her4ic raiders usually blow through normal mode ina single day

I only just completed normal mode 3 weeks ago. And the tier isnt even half way over

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 02:38 AM ----------

God if only all problems were that easy to solve. We put a man on the moon ffs...
    There is already a solution.....it rhymes with LFR...oh wait....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    yet they arnt

I only just completed normal mode 3 weeks ago. And the tier isnt even half way over
    Yea they are. It took you that long to blow through normals? In the past heroic raids blew through normals in DAYS never mind the month or so it apparently took you to blow through normal tot. God ffs the achievement is called AHEAD OF THE CURVE. I don't know dude I just don't know.

Yes, probably Usain Bolt at 12 years old could run faster than i was able to in my entire life too.

Not everyone has the same lvl of skill, and that 12 year old kid probably has a lot more skill at gaming than a 35 year old guy that just want to relax raiding with his average friends. they want challenge for their level of play, but their level of play is WAY lower than the top 20% of raiders that finished T14.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 11:42 PM ----------

yet they arnt

I only just completed normal mode 3 weeks ago. And the tier isnt even half way over[COLOR="red"]
    No, top 5% of players kill normals the first week. Then we have a 15% that kill normal in weeks, even a couple of months and the proceed to heroic. They are also heroic raiders.

10+ Year Old Account

There is already a solution.....it rhymes with LFR...oh wait....
    LFR is not a solution. The problem is they dn't have a difficulty appropriate for them. LFR is not appropriate for them. I don't know how much clearer this can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Wrong. Its dedication. Someone people dont want to work for it.
    Some people are stupid. Some people are slow. Some people are handicapped.
    Just like many people are physically incapable of competing in the olympics, some people are incapable of performing well enough to do normal mode raiding.

I think this is a good quote demonstrating my what I mean:
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~ George Carlin

yet they arnt

Heroic raiders are still stuck at 4/12 normal. Wanna try again?

Glorious Leader said it best..."ffs" seems a very appropriate response to the pervasive mentality riddling this thread. "Your group" as in raiders has dwindled to less then 20,000. It's half of what it was only 1 content patch ago and 1/6 of what it was at it's peak in WotLK. How much smaller does the raiding group have to get to before you wake up and realize that it's broken?

*As a quick note - End Game raiding is the sole thing WoW does better then everybody else. Once it's gone WoW turns into a sheep wandering around in the middle of the herd.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-05-11 at 02:49 AM.

Deleted
    Yes, probably Usain Bolt at 12 years old could run faster than i was able to in my entire life too.

Not everyone has the same lvl of skill, and that 12 year old kid probably has a lot more skill at gaming than a 35 year old guy that just want to relax raiding with his average friends. they want challenge for their level of play, but their level of play is WAY lower than the top 20% of raiders that finished T14.
    Nobody said everyone has the same lvl of skill.The fact is if you can manage to buy WoW,log onto the game,and level your character to max level then there's no excuse.
    What's so hard about following a few timers and putting your character at the right place with the help of your raid leader?There's no level of skill needed.Normals are easy.

Also seriously don't compare this to usain bolt.No,just no.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone has the same lvl of skill..
    But everyone can get the skill needed.
    They just dont want to, yet somehow reason that they should complain.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody said everyone has the same lvl of skill.The fact is if you can manage to buy WoW,log onto the game,and level your character to max level then there's no excuse.
    What's so hard about following a few timers and putting your character at the right place with the help of your raid leader?There's no level of skill needed.Normals are easy.
    Do you people even play this fucking game? When I read these posts it's like you have no clue wtf the game is. Logging in is like raiding now? normal raiding is easy as typing in your password? do you have any fucking clue?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is they dn't have a difficulty appropriate for them. LFR is not appropriate for them. I don't know how much clearer this can be made.
    If you suck ass too much to do normal mode, you do the difficulty easier then that.....which is LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    But everyone can get the skill needed.
    They just dont want to, yet somehow reason that they should complain.....
    No. Not everyone can be a doctor. Even though potentially they could all "get the skill" in university.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 02:46 AM ----------

If you suck ass too much to do normal mode, you do the difficulty easier then that.....which is LFR
    But I'm to good for lfr and wan't something better. WHERE IS THE MEDIUM BETWEEN THOSE TWO. THATS THE WHOLE GOD DAMN POINT. The jump between them is so huge their is nothing in between to make up for it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Some people are stupid. Some people are slow. Some people are handicapped.
    so why the hell are they expecting and complaining that they cant do things that require skill?