Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My loading bar is halfway through, still "Updating stuff". It says ready in 12 minutes, then ready in 20 minutes... daamn

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    How do I claim my preorder bonus?
    The DLC pack? When you order from GMG you get a seperate code to enter. I assume Steam applies it manually, and that you'll be able to see it by right-clicking on the game, going to Properties, and checking the DLC tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Installing: Microsoft DirectX for Windows (step 1 of 10)

/cry

Worst launch NA.
    (sarcasm)

Deleted
    Uuuuh...

Everything has SUPER low res textures...

With textures on ultra :|

And yeah 40 fps with all the textures fucked.

Failed my first Prologue attempt. Man I suck something fierce.

Deleted
    meeeeeeeh wooork y u no finish now

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I got probably half way through the prologue and I'm too tired to continue. I played on maximum graphics no problem with a three year old computer (GTX 460, 8 GB RAM, 3.4 GHz CPU) and there was no lag or graphical problems at all. I've never been much of an RTS strategist, most of the time I just attacked head on, but I love how you can hide units behind hills or under trees for tactical advantages. It'll make me think a bit more each battle, though in the end I'll still probably go in head on instead of spending 3 hours formulating an attack pattern.

Excited to get to the main campaign, but I'll save that for tomorrow.

Naval battles are so dumb.. lost half my army to a much smaller army.. ramming doesn't work properly.. now the prologue is saying to unite my naval army to anothers, but I can't move anymore, since I already used my turn, and there is no End Turn button.

Deleted
    Anyone else experiencing black squares as terrain? (medium/low settings)

Other then that great game! Love the prologue so far

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The DLC pack? When you order from GMG you get a seperate code to enter. I assume Steam applies it manually, and that you'll be able to see it by right-clicking on the game, going to Properties, and checking the DLC tab.
    I got mine direct through Sega...

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I have to wait for 2 more hours, since for some reason I couldn't preload the game. Connection speed, y u so low?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I got mine direct through Sega...
    Then I don't know. :/ I suggest contacting their support to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    this bloody update is taking ages!

- - - Updated - - -

i don't seem to by having any texture issues, having some performance issues, on ultra it sometimes dips down to 7fps, other than that mine is running is fine.

looks great for me! started my subei campaign, took my first town!

one thing thats missing, is the ability to highlight friendly and enemy units in battle. on medieval 2 there was a button that flashed green circles under your units and red under enemies so you could see who is who in battle a bit easier.

- - - Updated - - -

welp, spoke too soon, lost my capital already
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    About time to get to work so I figured I would give some thoughts after four plus hours.
    • With Battle Timer on, 60 minutes, I have not seen any of the god awful AI we've seen in other vids, so far.
    • The battles end so freaking quickly now. I thought people weren't using pause because it didn't look good on the vids. Nope, they may not be using pause because the battle is already over, by the time they can click on the pause button. Feels faster than even Shogun 2 to me.
    • Whatever CA guy was saying they were keeping Shogun 2 in mind for system requirements, is a god damn liar. Either that or that "thought" was no more than a passing fancy.
    Hey John.
    Yes George.
    Didn't we make a Shogun 2 game?
    Why yes I believe we did.
    Good, couldn't recall for a minute there.
    Glad I could help, now let's get back to making PC's cry with Rome 2.

• How many graphic settings do we need? We are now up to Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, and the Extreme. What, no Holy Shit That's Shiny setting?
    • Even on High, the textures do not impress They look pretty damn ugly. On Medium or Low? The bouncer would need some serious beer goggles on, to let Rome 2 in the door.
    • Those turn times really do start to soak up the clock fast. Not looking forward to how long they'll be taking by endgame.
    • Is it any easier to get factions to sign trade agreements on Normal? Playing on Hard and nobody, not even my client Lybia, will say yes to a trade deal.
    So far its okay, but I must admit to being more impressed by Shogun 2 than Rome 2 at this point. Hopefully that will change once I get more hours in and CA does some serious patching.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-09-03 at 12:15 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    i also couldnt get anyone to sign a trade deal.

im liking the game so far, but it does have its issues, especially the AI.

i did a town battle, wasn't timed though. but defending AI just sat in the middle of the town, and allowed me to totally surround them, i destroyed the bigger defending army with very little casualties to my own, even when i was pelting one of their units with javelins they just stood there. i have not yet tried a timed battle, i will try it soon.

i am enjoying it however, though my subei campaign went so badly, lost my capital within 15turns, and lost everything a few turns later :P

it was going really well, then suddenly two factions declared war on me at once, and they seem to have armies twice the size of mine.

i have not had any performance issues though and the models/textures look fine, not amazing for a game on ultra, but not terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

going to restart my campaign as the britons.
    dragonmaw - EU

Wow. I'm unable to patch this crap. I tried literally everything, reinstalling Steam, playing around with that blob file, and it always just starts for a few seconds, then dies and says it's unable to connect to Steam. Must be the worst launch I've had in any game. I don't know, maybe it's just traffic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    timed battles does seem to improve the AI, did a town assault simmilar to the one i did before, but this time the ai actually did something instead of sitting in the middle of the town.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    timed battles does seem to improve the AI, did a town assault simmilar to the one i did before, but this time the ai actually did something instead of sitting in the middle of the town.
    So the AI's performance is based on whether or not it is on the clock. Interesting...

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

The graphics are extremely glitchy for me. In campaign map and in battles, textures glitch in and out of the actual textures, extremely low quality textures and just black colors over everything. This goes for 2560x1440 and 1920x1080.

2 x 7970, i5-2500k and 32GB 1600MHZ Ram.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    So the AI's performance is based on whether or not it is on the clock. Interesting...
    this is from very limited testing, but quite a few people have reported the same.
    dragonmaw - EU