Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Have they done away with the amount the game can be modded, cos tbh fan mods were only reason I played their last few games and the main reason I still play Medieval II and original Rome
    From what I understand, it's not so much a case of deliberately doing away with it, as it is the engine from Empire onwards not being designed with modding in mind, thus making it MUCH harder to do. They've apparently had talks with modders recently though, and are trying to make the Rome II engine a bit more modding friendly.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I have a rule of thump. If the game ain't complet, i ain't paying full prise for it. If there is preorder bonus that is not time exlusived, or just visual changes, then i take it as DLC.
    Hi. I'm someone involved in the games industry. Did you know there's a period of several months inbetween when the game is completed and when it's released in which bug testing and fixing is done by the programmers and testers. During this time the artists and designers have nothing to do; in the past they would just be pushed onto another project, but instead now they start making extras for the game beyond the original scope of the budget. This is your DLC.

Point of fact, the game is complete, the DLC is extra. You want to get the extra, you pay for the extra work they put in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    ill probably get it, i used to play shogun 1 all the damn time when i was a kid. I bought shogun 2 for 7.50 the other month on steam, havent tried it out though.
    if you don't mind the japanese setting (i personally liked the change) shogun 2 is probably the best total war so far. a few things were streamlined and simplified in contrast to empire, which some dislike, but imho empire tried to hard to make things more complex without really adding depth or variety in practice.
    the expansion fall of the samurai is also pretty good if you like musket/rifle based armies and cannon based warships.
    yes he is, they are basically rebels of rome
    i know, just not sure how they would fit into the game as their own nation. maybe a historical event spawning a strong rebel army in one region of each of the (i assume) three roman families?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    he's either drunk or English isn't his first language
    i doubt non-native speakers would use "ain't" ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Mine isnt either, still I dont go around slamming my head on keyboard.
    ikr?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    From what I understand, it's not so much a case of deliberately doing away with it, as it is the engine from Empire onwards not being designed with modding in mind, thus making it MUCH harder to do. They've apparently had talks with modders recently though, and are trying to make the Rome II engine a bit more modding friendly.
    i've personally never tried any total war mod, but i know there were still pretty popular ones for empire and shogun 2.

Not so much Empire and Shogun 2, like 4 well known ones compared to 20, 30 for Medieval II and Rome I

10+ Year Old Account
    M2 was my favorite by far but I've actually spent more hours with Empire than any other TW game. Something about those sea battle kept sucking me in. S2 was okay but after M2 and Empire? The map felt too small and there just wasn't enough unit variety, in my opinion. Will be interesting to what they do with R2, and I'm already loving how the cities build on the campaign map
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    (i derped)
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-06-20 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the massive picture but if anyone hasn't seen the Campain Map yet than here it is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that fan made or an official release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Is that fan made or an official release?
    I think someone made it based on the in-game map we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think so... but its hard to tell because of the cities not every area has one and some are gold which i assume denotes importance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, seen that one. Was just figuring it was fan made because it points out the seven wonders and shows capitals.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think so... but its hard to tell because of the cities not every area has one and some are gold which i assume denotes importance?
    I think golden cities are region capitals and white cities are province capitals or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder what the tech trees will look like
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be interesting, I'v heard that every culture will have its own tech tree.

This game looks like it will be a lot of fun.
    Sadly, I'm getting to a point where there isn't such a thing as a game being worth $60+ to me. And that's the Digital Download. Fucking rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    This game looks like it will be a lot of fun.
    Sadly, I'm getting to a point where there isn't such a thing as a game being worth $60+ to me. And that's the Digital Download. Fucking rape.
    Wait a few months and you can get it 70% off on Steam during some sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    not necessarily Anno 2070 was released in 2011 and its still 30$ not including probably 60$ worth of DLCs

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the massive picture but if anyone hasn't seen the Campain Map yet than here it is...
    [IMG]http://www.pictureshack.us/images/20651_Detailed47BCMap001.png[IMG]
    hmm, looks a bit.. small to me.
    i guess it's bigger than the original rome, but the huge (and spread out) map of empire was one of it's best features, imo.

in shogun 2, and the earlier titles to a degree, it was way too easy to just have one big elite army and fleet that would defend and conquer at a front line. in empire it was often necessary to have 3 or 4 decent armies and double as many fleets to have good map control on all three (sub)continents and the trading routes in between. i guess not everyone likes that, since it means you have to keep a lot more different things and problems in mind at the same time, instead of focusing on a single ~3 region wide frontline, but i personally enjoyed having to manage several different conflicts, supply lines and resource allocation.

agreed.

^

not necessarily Anno 2070 was released in 2011 and its still 30$ not including probably 60$ worth of DLCs
    there were several sales though, i think going down to somewhere around 15 or 20 bucks.

and that's only steam, it's been possible to buy it somewhere else for 10-15 for years.

Bioshock Infinite has been out for almost 3 months, still the same price.

I would probably buy this if it was just a graphics update, loved the first.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Bioshock Infinite has been out for almost 3 months, still the same price.

I would probably buy this if it was just a graphics update, loved the first.
    Wait for the summer sale

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall Shogun 2 had fits with a particular cpu so its probably a good idea to wait a couple of months anyway. But who am I kidding, as long as I can afford it at the time? Of course I'll be buying this. Won't be doing any of that collector's crap though. The sixty or eighty dollar version is plenty for me.