[TV] - Insperational movies - THE BEST

Hey guys!

Thought i would make a "The most insperational movies you have ever seen" thread, where you could post your favourites and why, also just the ones who get to you in general, and just got something that's hard to describe.

I'll start:

The Intouchables
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Warrior
    John Q

All these movies just get to me, always crying man-tears, or are ending out smiling at the end of a movie.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 04:14 PM ----------

Also, the new movie "The Butler" seem to be very interesting in this category aswel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAagFuR_XIM

Shawshank Redemption is definitely good, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the other's you named unfortunately.

I would put Slumdog Millionaire up there.

Pay It Forward - I didn't cry but it was close.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Shawshank Redemption, that was a great movie.

Although, the most touching thing I've ever seen is a Japanese drama called One Litre of Tears. I've seen a lot of sad movies/tv shows, but this one is really moving. It's based off a true story of a girl who gets diagnosed with spinocerebellar degeneration (a disease that slowly kills you as you lose all bodily functions except your mental state) at the age of 15 and during the remaining time shes alive, she writes everything down in a notebook, until the disease takes away her ability to write. It really made me take a step back and actually think about the hardship and pain that people with disabilities go through and their willpower to live on even when society views them as outcasts.

There should be English subbed versions floating around, you might even find it on youtube, but I'd highly suggest watching it. After I watched it, I really wanted to read the published diary, but the problem was I couldn't read Japanese. Eventually, I found a translated version of the book in English online and bought it. That was pretty out of the ordinary for me because I don't enjoy reading books at all :P

There's also a movie out as well, but I don't think that was as good as the tv drama.
    Last edited by obake1; 2013-05-13 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the Waterfront

go watch it