Thread: so the DK nerfs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Deal with it bro, nerfs happen all the time. No need to make a thread of it every time.
    this guy knows what he is talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    By not playable do you mean not FOTM? just curious. UH dk's will still be fine...no not FOTM and not bottom of the barrel, but I would still take my UH over frost, cuz I like pushing more than 2 buttons lol
    UH dk's will still be fotm. I'd go so far as to say they will continue to be the most powerful melee even after the nerfs in 5.3. With ret as a close second.

P.S. The dk nerfs aren't even a slap on the wrist. They're getting nerfed less than hunters and I wouldn't even call the hunter changes nerfs because they'll still be shitting on just about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/332734257812353024

Quote Originally Posted by Ao7415
    @holinka any news on Unholy Might nerf? Possible revert? Asisde from festerblight, dps overall is way lower. PvE and PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holinka
    @Ao7415 it was reverted
    What nerfs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Deal with it bro, nerfs happen all the time. No need to make a thread of it every time.
    think you will find that this is prolly maybe the 2nd thread or so ive made about a nerf so i dnt make em every time there is a nerf to dk's

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    so since UH is being nerfed for unknown reasons (either GC/whiner) are dk's gonna be totally useless in pvp cos to me its the following

1.blood: high survival , low damage only good for FC in pvp

2.frost low survival high damage only good for battlegrounds, in arena its just terrible and rated bg's its necessary

3. Unholy well with the nerfs in 5.3 it looks like its not playable for PVP it has a balance between blood and frost

PVP is gonna be dead in 5.3 i hope thye lose another 1.3 million subs cos of it then they might actually think about fixing PVP
    Fixed, and UH will be fine unless they don't fix the crap they did with necrotic. If not, welcome to the party. All of the other melee are getting in worse and worse positions. So yeah, maybe they will look at it. DK's will still rock in RBG's, so be happy people want your class for RBG's.

Edit: I actually think more classes need to be able to go into their respective tank "stances". With how many gap openers some range have, I would argue that Ret and Windwalkers should be able to have their respective tanking abilities (IDK how they would do it for Ret) but balance it by the fact that 60% of your dps is given up by switching to tank stance, so you will barely hurt someone with resil. It's how warriors work now, and its how blood presence should work, it would work that way if WW got their tank stance, and I'm sure it could work in other ways for other specs. The tank hybrids are supposed to be tanky dps classes in pvp, and many of them are squishy as hell.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2013-05-10 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you do realise enhancment shamans are quite good in PVP, if in the hands of someone who sucks every class he play will suck if i nthe hands of a good player an enhancement shaman is deadly
    Yes, my main is Enhancement, I like to think I do pretty well (as, I assume, do the chump Alliance players who trot up to me on IoT and think "Ohoho shaman, free kill!"). My point was rather, if he's coming from a faceroll spec like Unholy DK - and I play one, remember, and IMO it's nowhere near as involved as Enh - I would love to see him try my spec and then complain about how gimped his is. I wasn't necessarily saying Enh sucks, I would say that it's actually in a pretty good place, but Unholy is both easier to play and more powerful right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

last time dk's where FOTM was in wrath
    and cata and now...

uh needed nerfs badly almost as bad as mage, spriest, hunters, rogues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    and cata and now...

u think dk's are FOTM in patch 5.2 lol seriously play a DK and you will see we are far from FOTM, that goes to mages,locks and BM hunters

u think dk's are FOTM in patch 5.2 lol seriously play a DK and you will see we are far from FOTM, that goes to mages,locks and BM hunters
    I have a dk. I roll my face across the keyboard and do more damage than everyone else in the arena combined with necrotic strike spamming which doesnt even show up on the numbers. Hell, I even played double-healer dk and was killing healers solo within 2 minutes with 2 dps to peel him. Anyone who thinks UH dks arent in the upper tier of specs in arenas is just wrong. Its just a different kind of OP; its not like omg I blow you up in an open, its more like hey if you dont burst me within 2 minutes ill kill you all guaranteed.

And locks are far from fotm, they are fairly good but not even close to OP in arenas. In rbgs I suppose they are good, but I honestly dont care about rbgs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Hell, I even played double-healer dk and was killing healers solo within 2 minutes with 2 dps to peel him. Anyone who thinks UH dks arent in the upper tier of specs in arenas is just wrong. Its just a different kind of OP; its not like omg I blow you up in an open, its more like hey if you dont burst me within 2 minutes ill kill you all guaranteed.

And locks are far from fotm, they are fairly good but not even close to OP in arenas. In rbgs I suppose they are good, but I honestly dont care about rbgs.
    Yes dks are good for double healer. When you play with another dps its not even that good. And when you push for top ranks double healer or not, you get bursted down. Yes it's get bursted or outpressure the other team. 5.3 changes will help dks, cause dont wont get bursted so easily with power changes. I would nerf dk's damage especially in Blood stance, but I would also make the blood stance better, something like 5% dmg reduction in BS, and removing the !conversion bug. If you can kill something in 3v3 in 2mins guaranteed while solo dmg, than you are hands down probably the best dk in the world.

I agree that locks aren't op right now, but neither are dk's, maybe in 2s and that's it. They are amazing in lower brackets, but things change at 2.2k+

Anyway did anyone actually read my previous post stating that, holinka posted that UNHOLY MIGHT NERF WAS REVERTED?
    Last edited by mmoc84af5ad5d2; 2013-05-11 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    I have a dk. I roll my face across the keyboard and do more damage than everyone else in the arena combined with necrotic strike spamming which doesnt even show up on the numbers. Hell, I even played double-healer dk and was killing healers solo within 2 minutes with 2 dps to peel him. Anyone who thinks UH dks arent in the upper tier of specs in arenas is just wrong. Its just a different kind of OP; its not like omg I blow you up in an open, its more like hey if you dont burst me within 2 minutes ill kill you all guaranteed.

none of the above makes DK's FOTM

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Yes dks are good for double healer. When you play with another dps its not even that good. And when you push for top ranks double healer or not, you get bursted down. Yes it's get bursted or outpressure the other team. 5.3 changes will help dks, cause dont wont get bursted so easily with power changes. I would nerf dk's damage especially in Blood stance, but I would also make the blood stance better, something like 5% dmg reduction in BS, and removing the !conversion bug. If you can kill something in 3v3 in 2mins guaranteed while solo dmg, than you are hands down probably the best dk in the world.

I agree that locks aren't op right now, but neither are dk's, maybe in 2s and that's it. They are amazing in lower brackets, but things change at 2.2k+

Anyway did anyone actually read my previous post stating that, holinka posted that UNHOLY MIGHT NERF WAS REVERTED?
    Yea the reverted nerf is big, I wonder if they r still buffing SS?

Anyway, the biggest buff to dks in 5.3 is the nerf to rogues, hunters, and spriests. No longer will a dk be bursted in a smokebomb by thugcleave! With the rediculous pressure dks put out and the big dmg buff to rets, comps like vanguards cleave will be really strong again, r1 viable most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    and cata and now...

Ye cuz there's just as many high rated DK's as those classes... Oh wait, not even close. Damn.

With burst and sustained dmg nerf through PvP power blood presence may become less mandatory, the only logical follow up to blood presence nerf i see is to allow DK retain all runic power on presence switch baseline - then stance dancing will be a viable aproach. Atm stance switch cost is too huge. Festering strike nerf isn't anything to cry a river about since most dks spam blood boil/ice touch for same dmg with added benefit of dispelling and decease spreading. 5% str nerf isn't huge. With top classes nerfs DK will probably be stronger then they're now.

Deleted
    what the? .. DKs do like 2x more damage in arena than they should

Guys lets be serious, DKs get most of their kills outside of arena. The other team may have won the game but you're the real winner when they have to ghost run back to their corpse. I love having to dispersing next to the PVP vendor because DK dots are about to solo me.
    Last edited by Arcsecant; 2013-05-12 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted

Anyway, the biggest buff to dks in 5.3 is the nerf to rogues, hunters, and spriests. No longer will a dk be bursted in a smokebomb by thugcleave! With the rediculous pressure dks put out and the big dmg buff to rets, comps like vanguards cleave will be really strong again, r1 viable most likely.
    Noone uses festering as it is, so buff to ss and nerf to fs is buff to dk in pvp. Spriests counter dks maybe with life swap, and that is gone. So yeah 5% nerf would be justified, but it seems like they fall behind in pve because of that. I wonder if we will see pvp specific change now that was reverted. You can see how they didnt put it notes yet, it would just start storm on forums, as dk's are so hated already lol.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Vanguards cleave will probably only be viable if Blizzard doesn't nerf T15 sets in PvP because of Ret's T15. Other than that... Ret needs more than a damage buff. Any high rated play will just focus the pally and his utility does nothing, and he dies probably a minute or two into the arena after the priest and pally have no more defensives. Ret is a lot easier to focus and kill than they were in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Vanguards cleave will probably only be viable if Blizzard doesn't nerf T15 sets in PvP because of Ret's T15. Other than that... Ret needs more than a damage buff. Any high rated play will just focus the pally and his utility does nothing, and he dies probably a minute or two into the arena after the priest and pally have no more defensives. Ret is a lot easier to focus and kill than they were in Cata.
    Rets have a seriously ABSURD amount of burst with cds, probably one of the highest of any spec. Hit them with a 15% dmg buff, and the fact that dks damage and pressure solo, as well as being damn near unpeelable/ccable, is enough to land kills, and the opposing team will be on their heels or dead within 15 seconds. Ive played a few vanguards in 5.2 and the damage and pressure they put out is unbelievable, if the opposing priest is good there isnt much I have been able to do to stop it so far, but then again ive played some pretty subpar comps.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rets have a seriously ABSURD amount of burst with cds, probably one of the highest of any spec. Hit them with a 15% dmg buff, and the fact that dks damage and pressure solo, as well as being damn near unpeelable/ccable, is enough to land kills, and the opposing team will be on their heels or dead within 15 seconds. Ive played a few vanguards in 5.2 and the damage and pressure they put out is unbelievable, if the opposing priest is good there isnt much I have been able to do to stop it so far, but then again ive played some pretty subpar comps.
    Ret is also one of the few melee without CC breaks/magic immunities to use offensively. If someone does not die during the pally's CD's, the Pally will not help with pressure outside of them.