Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Victory Day Parade 2013

I made this thread because i found it rather disrespectful and disgusting for the lack of western coverage of anything related to eastern countries except childish hate and propaganda.

Apperently some blond celebrity fucking a random sports player is more important than the day when the onslaught of 400.000 american superheroes and 27 million strong Soviet men and women has come to an end.

Discuss.

Infracted - nation bashing
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-05-10 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post

I made this thread because i found it rather disrespectful and disgusting for the lack of western coverage of anything related to eastern countries except childish hate and propaganda.

Apperently some blond celebrity fucking a random sports player is more important than the day when the onslaught of 400.000 american superheroes and 27 million strong Soviet men and women has come to an end.

Discuss.
    Extremely biased OP, angsty as fuck - where else can this thread go? Other than a prompt lock.

OT, i wish all people well - but... western media is western media. Don't be so indignant it's full of pricks.

I'm sorry - what is this thread about?

Deleted
    What? what am i supposed to be biased about?

american superheroes? elaborate I am intrigued

Deleted
    because i think american soldiers were superheroes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Politicus View Post
    http://www.dw.de/moscow-military-par...day/a-16801338

While I'm certainly happy about celebrating this day, I don't like Putin saying this little tidbit:

What about all of the other countries?
    Yeah fuck the British and the United States and all their allies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    american superheroes? elaborate I am intrigued
    Kandor was resized and turned into a city in the midwest.......
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

http://www.dw.de/moscow-military-par...day/a-16801338

While I'm certainly happy about celebrating this day, I don't like Putin saying this little tidbit:

What about all of the other countries?
    Even if the US hadn't invaded normandy the Sovjets would probably march into Berlin. Stalin wasn't someone who forgave and forgot, and after the war he still had millions of people sent to gulags to die. Little difference than sending them into the hell that was the east front.

However; The Nazi's never tried to control the world. They wanted the third reich to rule over Europe, basically make it an union under German rule.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a liar. I suppose Russia hasn't changed much. Sad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    Even if the US hadn't invaded normandy the Sovjets would probably march into Berlin. Stalin wasn't someone who forgave and forgot, and after the war he still had millions of people sent to gulags to die. Little difference than sending them into the hell that was the east front.

However; The Nazi's never tried to control the world. They wanted the third reich to rule over Europe, basically make it an union under German rule.
    And continue across the rest of war-torn Europe finishing what the Nazis started. I think the most important part of US participation was keeping the Soviets out of Western Europe. They'd be celebrating a different Victory Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    And continue across the rest of war-torn Europe finishing what the Nazis started. I think the most important part of US participation was keeping the Soviets out of Western Europe. They'd be celebrating a different Victory Day.
    True. If the US hadn't landed in Normandy I'd root for the Nazis. The sovjet was in many ways far more brutal than the Nazis, mainly the extensive use of rape as a war tactic.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Deleted
    If you had posted this thread in a decent way without nation bashing then maybe we wouldnt think so poorly of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Americans don't care about a Russian parade. Your point? Do Russians care about our Memorial Day parades? I mean, we only gave them the second front that Stalin was begging for, the ungrateful punks.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Americans don't care about a Russian parade. Your point? Do Russians care about our Memorial Day parades? I mean, we only gave them the second front that Stalin was begging for, the ungrateful punks.
    I would be interested in a Russian parade, and not only to take note of their equipment and come up with counter strategies.

Indeed, indeed, they contributed nothing, it was only through the glorious power of CCCP military might that the Nazi's were defeated.

(/sarcasm)

Has Putin been seeming a bit (or maybe a lot) overly nationalistic lately to anyone else?
    The German machine was broken in the East though. Even if the Western countries didn't do anything but hold the trench front, the Soviets would've triumphed.

True. If the US hadn't landed in Normandy I'd root for the Nazis. The sovjet was in many ways far more brutal than the Nazis, mainly the extensive use of rape as a war tactic.
    As opposed to gassing people to death on a systematic basis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    The German machine was broken in the East though. Even if the Western countries didn't do anything but hold the trench front, the Soviets would've triumphed.
    Arguable. And again, it would have left almost the entirety of Europe under Soviet sway. Which was just as bad as leaving it to the Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    They wanted the third reich to rule over Europe, basically make it an union under German rule.
    And they achieved their goal 65 years later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post

Discuss.

Infracted - nation bashing
    You care too much about something so insignificant.

I for one do not care for "soviets" at all. They plunged my country and the entirety of Eastern Europe into superficiality, corruption, stupidity, and a place where you do not lead a successful life by fairness but by trickery. I wish they'd die again, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    You care too much about something so insignificant.

I for one do not care for "soviets" at all. They plunged my country and the entirety of Eastern Europe into superficiality, corruption, stupidity, and a place where you do not lead a successful life by fairness but by trickery. I wish they'd die again, if anything.
    If you can't lead a successful life in your country except through trickery, I am thinking the fault lies with you, not with the system.

All it takes for corruption to go away is for people to stop thinking that the only way to function is through bribery.

But hey, it takes concentrated effort and civic responsibility. Its easier to blame the system.

superficiality, corruption, stupidity
    I don't even know what you mean by the first on that list, but stupidity? Please. The Soviet education was probably the best in the world, but even if not, it was among the best in the world. Whatever country you came from probably benefited significantly from being integrated into the Soviet education machine
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2013-05-10 at 12:39 PM.