Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoW is in no danger of dying. Heck, it doesn't even have a mild cold right now.

The second-biggest subscription-based MMO behind WoW, Aion, has 2.5 million players. WoW has 8.3 million. WoW could literally lose half its current playerbase by next sunrise, and still be twice as successful as the next guy.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    So explain how some players in top guilds that most call "hardcore" can afford to log in a few times a week for a few hours and clear the hardest content. They are casual too right? After all they are not investing the time.
    Wait what does that have to do with anything? That's a complete no sequitor. I mean to answer your question they have all the skill in the universe and actually alot of those hardcore guilds (like say blood legion or method) have 3 or 4 raid ready alts and method bitched so hard at the start of this expansion about having to do all those fucking dailies on all those toons. What this has to do with the price of tea in china I have no idea.

The only thing blatantly clear is that you still have yet to define casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing blatantly clear is that you still have yet to define casual.
    I gave you an example. You want an actual definition go get a dictionary. It won't be right or accurate in so far as this game is concerned but if it floats your boar Hell even the developers don't have one and yet still they say casuals weren't engaged.

Deleted
    Sigh. Wow is still the most popular MMO ever. People come and go and games don't last forever. If you aren't enjoying the game anymore, maybe it's time for YOU to move on and find something else to play. It amazes me how many people "quit" the game because it's so bad yet they still keep up with it and come back to spend the time and energy to trash it. Move on, find a different game, or go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I gave you an example. You want an actual definition go get a dictionary. It won't be right or accurate in so far as this game is concerned but if it floats your boar Hell even the developers don't have one and yet still they say casuals weren't engaged.
    Let's not worry about what the dictionary or designers or anyone else defines casual as I only want your definition. Not an example just a definition. Were you on the track team in high school because all you've done run from this question.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account

This is what we learned in school of economics about products.
    So its just natural to lose subs after all these years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not worry about what the dictionary or designers or anyone else defines casual as I only want your definition. Not an example just a definition. Were you on the track team in high school because all you've done run from this question.
    I haven't run from it. You just refuse to acknowledge my example and accept that as a definition. Your being obtuse for no reason.

I haven't run from it. You just refuse to acknowledge my example and accept that as a definition. Your being obtuse for no reason.
    An example is not a definition. Simple.

Define casual. Your definition.

Deleted
    Here you are again doing what you're best at,dodging questions,don't you get tired of this or at least notice this utterly bad habit?

10+ Year Old Account
    An example is not a definition. Simple.

Define casual. Your definition.
    Actually yes it is. The dictionary uses definition by example all the time. Maybe you should get one.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Here you are again doing what you're best at,dodging questions,don't you get tired of this or at least notice this utterly bad habit?
    You mean refusing to answer pointless dribble in some exercise to bate me into some inevitable trap? who wouldn't avoid that? I'm not a wild grissly bear or anything.

Actually yes it is. The dictionary uses definition by example all the time. Maybe you should get one.
    You are an idiot and I grow bored of waiting for you to act like an adult and give me a clear definition of casual.

I now see you are afraid to do that because you fear my response will contradict your opinion. You have my pity.

This conversation is over.

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2013-05-11 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 04:32 PM ----------

You mean refusing to answer pointless dribble in some exercise to bate me into some inevitable trap? who wouldn't avoid that? I'm not a wild grissly bear or anything.
    Explaining your opinions to others is an inevitable trap?
    You have some serious denial problems.
    Don't you expect others to explain their opinions when they claim they're right and you're wrong?Why shouldn't you have to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you expect others to explain their opinions when they claim they're right and you're wrong?Why shouldn't you have to?
    No. Following the non sequitors and absurdities being asked by others on forums purposely designed to lead you into some verbal trap is.

This person gets it.

+1

10+ Year Old Account
    You are an idiot and I grow bored of waiting for you to act like an adult and give me a clear definition of casual.

I now see you are afraid to do that because you fear my response will contradict your opinion. You have my pity.

This conversation is over.
    Trap avoided! This bear lives to see another day. rawr

Deleted
    No. Following the non sequitors and absurdities being asked by others on forums purposely designed to lead you into some verbal trap is.
    This is a forum,people explaining their opinions is daily business,how is one trying to lead you into a verbal trap by asking you to explain yourself?

This is a forum,people explaining their opinions is daily business,how is one trying to lead you into a verbal trap by asking you to explain yourself?
    The running man could never give his opinion because it would allow others to critique it. The track star would rather run from it while simultaneously being a pretentious bigot about the opinions of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not asking me to explain myself because I did already by giving him a perfectly valid example. He is however attempting to draw from the discussion and lead me down some trap to god knows what end and then call me an idiot when I refuse to be baited by him. I provided a definition through example. He doesn't like that it's not my concern.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 05:04 PM ----------

The running man could never give his opinion because it would allow others to critique it. The track star would rather run from it while simultaneously being a pretentious bigot about the opinions of others.
    This bear lives another day!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerguy3223 View Post
    Ya don't worry. We'll be losing more subscriptions. That's what happens, when you make a pay to play game, and then only listen to the lazy gamers.

I'd personally like a magic reset button. I'd hit it right now and put WoW back to BC systems. Back when you earned what you had, the game had immersion, and you had to socialize with the community. Screw everyone "seeing content". Back in the day......you earned that.

Call me old fashioned. However when you earn something....you tend to appreciate it much more.
    Yet how odd that the game had its most subscribers in Wrath which had easier content for all and easier loot access etc..

Strange isn;t it that TBC if it came out now would be a total flop.... as when they tried to do it "harder" in Cata it was a huge failure.

TBH you really need to take off those rose tinted glasses lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"