Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That would be pretty awesome as long as they don't make it just an extended comedy sequence like Stonetalon Mountain's storyline between the two.

honestly I don't see gnomes getting any big lore any time soon, really they aren't the most involved race, they stand back most of the time to build new siege engines and airships and weapons for the alliance and at the same time they're stuck trying to retake the rest of their city (still) despite it being highly irradiated (again). even in original WoW mekkatorque really wasn't that big of a figure in alliance lore aside from the deeprun tram, leading the gnomes, and of course the fighting between him and his ex-partner. and even if blizz really did want to add to them they kind of wrote themselves into a corner on it, gnomes ARE considered comedy relief by a lot of people, half their inventors are so insane they have to be countered by fact checkers to keep from making everything explode like the goblins. they can't retake their city in game because they already did an event for that not too long ago and then decided to put up a policy of not doing zone changes again, their leader's fighting style is dependent on inventiveness and thinking which is difficult to show in a game, and as people have stated before they've kind of been stuck into the role of "oh new invention, well that's the gnome lore for the decade."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Their time to shine will come when the next xpac after the next xpac would let us play as Tinkers. Gnome VS Goblin Technocracy Supremacy.
    inb4 human tinkerers vs orc tinkerers instead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That would be pretty awesome as long as they don't make it just an extended comedy sequence like Stonetalon Mountain's storyline between the two.
    Like bioshock references ?

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    inb4 human tinkerers vs orc tinkerers instead.
    I rather the tinkers, just like druids has very limited range of races that can play as one. Horde; Forsaken and Goblins, while on tne Alliance side; Gnomes and Dwarves. Neutral race; Ethereal; represented by 2 Academias/Schools/Consortiums much like how Tushui/Hojin differ from each other.

Not going to lie, I'd play the shit out of a Tinker.

But I feel like they kind of blew that chance when they added engineering in the original game. I'd rather not have that profession and have it as a class instead.

I want all races to shine. Let the Humans and Orcs have a seat over in the corner and let others have fun, like Gnomes, Draenei and Goblins!

But I feel like they kind of blew that chance when they added engineering in the original game. I'd rather not have that profession and have it as a class instead.
    The only thing that restricting it is lack of imagination. Engineering is the tinkering for laymen while Tinkers actually a class that can consistently and persistently use wow technology in a combat with efficiency as either a tank, a melee dps, a ranged dps or a healer.

I actually could see them just removing Engineering as a profession and deal with the player backlash. They've said repeatedly that balancing Engineering's usefulness versus overpoweredness was hard. In its place we could just get a Tinker instead.

I want all races to shine. Let the Humans and Orcs have a seat over in the corner and let others have fun, like Gnomes, Draenei and Goblins!
    Agreed. I wish the Goblins had more lore too. Or, at the very least, how about having their goddamn Faction Leader actually show up in the game beyond the introduction, where he also isn't even an original model.

Deleted
    Yes, I'm reading what you wrote, and it makes no sense. I'm still not sure how the city was designed to be a death trap. Once again, miscalculations were made and what would have been a good way to stop the Troggs actually turned out to be a death trap.

I have no idea what grade you're using to judge proper city design.

Once again, the city's design has nothing to do with what happened. It was all the failure of Thermaplugg's technology and his failure to even enact his own plot properly.
    Don't waste your time arguing with people like Verdugo. He's one of the very pro Horde people in this forum that miss no chance at bashing the Alliance and its races. Comments like

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You should want them to be killed, you dont want such failure to stain alliance, right?
    should show you how serious you can take him.

OT:

Up until recently I didn't care much about gnomes, which changed with the leader short story. I think the biggest problem in the gnome story is that they're stuck in front of gnomeregan. The patch at the end of Lich King should've given them their city back. Since it didn't, they're stuck there storywise. Again. Blizzard has to give them back their city, and it will not only give the Alliance a lot of gnome-tech flavour - it'll give the gnomes the chance to move on and get good story development.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-05-10 at 05:37 PM.

Well with Cataclysm, it's pretty much accepted that Thermaplugg is now dead. S.A.F.E. has basically discovered a cure to the Leper Gnome's corruption, and there's really nothing left in Gnomeregan to do.

WTB more gnomes.

To your statement about reclaiming the city, Blizzard basically knocked that down after they absolutely refused to ever seemingly go back to the old world, using the excuse of "Would you rather have some lore continuation or a new zone?" like it was an actual legitimate choice between the two.

Deleted
    Well with Cataclysm, it's pretty much accepted that Thermaplugg is now dead. S.A.F.E. has basically discovered a cure to the Leper Gnome's corruption, and there's really nothing left in Gnomeregan to do.

WTB more gnomes.

To your statement about reclaiming the city, Blizzard basically knocked that down after they absolutely refused to ever seemingly go back to the old world, using the excuse of "Would you rather have some lore continuation or a new zone?" like it was an actual legitimate choice between the two.
    Yeah technically storywise Thermaplugg is dead, but the game doesn't reflect that. It is basically the same as it was before the "retaking of Gnomeregan" event. The result of the whole event was that they didn't succeed in retaking the city and that pretty much left them were they started.

Why did that whole event take place? As far as I remember players wondered "why can we kill the Lich King, but not a lowly NPC in a mech suit and a couple of Troggs". It didn't really make sense, it was just because the changes in story weren't reflected in the game. So we had the whole Echo Isles and Gnomeregan event, but while the Trolls succeeded, the Gnomes did not, and after almost 3 years we can still ask the question " why isn't the Alliance able to retake Gnomeregan"?
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-05-10 at 05:55 PM.

I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't leave it vague, "Maybe we'll go back to some old world stuff"

Nope, they unequivocally shot that idea down without question. I think they got the wrong idea why Cataclysm failed from its fans. Updating a story isn't necessarily bad, but not with how Cataclysm did it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-05-10 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't leave it vague, "Maybe we'll go back to some old world stuff"

Nope, they unequivocally shot that idea down without question. I think they got the wrong idea why Cataclysm failed from its fans. Updating a story isn't necessarily bad, but not with how Cataclysm did it.
    The whole idea of updating the world was what I really loved about Cataclysm, it's a shame it wasn't that well-received by so many players.

Deleted
    Yes, I do think they're underutilized and that when they are utilized they're there more for the comedic aspect, which is sad.

At least the Draenei (or at least Velen) had a minor role in BC, I don't think the gnomes have been significant to the lore ever.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Engineering is to Tinkers is what First Aid is to Healers.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Engineering is to Tinkers is what First Aid is to Healers.
    I was only saying in terms of Blizzard and their tendency of not adding things in the game that already exist in some form.

being I'm not alliance I find them dull and worthy only of being punted around a football field. even if I was more on the alliance side I'de probably thing the same thing. IDK me personally i could care less if they get left in the dark for the rest of time, I'd rather see more put on the dwarves or Draenei or hell even the Worgen even though they were thoroughly written off.