10+ Year Old Account

Shield macro bug?

Not sure if this is a new bug or not but often when I use my equip shield macro it ends up greying out the item and I have to relog to fix it. While it's grey I can't move it, click on it, equip it, etc. It basically becomes useless and I'm without my defensives until I relog.

Is there another macro that can work that won't yield this result?

My macro is basically:
    /equip (Shield Name)
    /cast Shield Wall
    /cast Defensive Stance
    /cast Demoralizing Banner

Sounds like an interface/ui bug to me. Have you tried without addons?

That bug is ages old. Use equipset macros to avoid it. Only downside being that you might have issues when you get disconnected in combat but usually that shouldn't happen anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    That bug is ages old.
    Hmm, never had that bug before 5.3... not in 4 years of playing my warrior in PvE and PvP.
    And using equipset macros doesn't avoid it at all. Lost several arena matches because of that awesome bug. >.<

Equipset doesn't fix this problem.

Very annoying to have this bug. If it happens, you will lose your pvp match/wont have the dps for progression (happened to me yesterday on lei shen... everything went perfectly and then this shit happens... *rage*)

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /equipset SnB
    /cast Defensive Stance
    /cast Shield Wall

This one works very good for me.
    SND is the same set u using but with a shield and 1 hand

Tell your SnB set to ignore all slots but the weapons and you wont have to update it unless those 2 change

Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post
    Hmm, never had that bug before 5.3... not in 4 years of playing my warrior in PvE and PvP.
    And using equipset macros doesn't avoid it at all. Lost several arena matches because of that awesome bug. >.<
    Well that's fortunate. The latter is unfortunate but using equipsets fixed it for me - or at least I haven't encountered the bug again since I started using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Equipset seems to be working for me. If it's not working for you, then I have bad news.