Regarding cast sequence macros

So basically, I'm wondering if I could make a cast sequence macro with Nimble Brew and Every Man For Himself with a 2 minute reset.

I want to know though, what happens if the macro is set to "Nimble Brew, EMFH", and I try to use it during polymorph which brew does not work on. Would the macro then continue to EMFH if I hit it again, and break Poly?
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2013-05-11 at 01:11 AM.

Afaik only successful casts will let the macro jump to the next spell in the sequence. However you could use a modifier for those cases:
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=120/shift SpellA, SpellB

15+ Year Old Account
    Crudor is right, tried quite a long time ago on my warrior to set up a macro that had devastate and shield slam in the one button, prioritising shield slam when its not on cooldown, didn't work. Was fixed ages ago so people couldn't just macro their entire rotation to one button and mash that for best effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you're asking for are 'smart' macros, and I don't think WoW's macro system is that robust. The only time it would skip to EMFH is if Nimble Brew is on CD. You could add a mod for it, so for example if you press shift+macro it does one thing, and just the macro without a mod does another though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    So basically, I'm wondering if I could make a cast sequence macro with Nimble Brew and Every Man For Himself with a 2 minute reset.

I want to know though, what happens if the macro is set to "Nimble Brew, EMFH", and I try to use it during polymorph which brew does not work on. Would the macro then continue to EMFH if I hit it again, and break Poly?

Macros have restrictions (For example they can't read your debuffs/buffs etc), to avoid making "intelligent" macros. If an ability in a /castsequence macro doesn't fire (not available, not ready, unable to perform for any reason at all), the macro doesn't advance. In your case, the macro would simply keep showing Nimble Brew, until Nimble Brew was successfully cast, and only then, would it advance to EMFH.

You can make really fancy conditional macros though, for example;

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=120 Nimble Brew, Every Man For Himself
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Every Man For Himself
    /cast [mod:shift] Nimble Brew

Imagine we put this macro on the Q button. Then this macro would do the following;

Press Q: Cast Nimble Brew, and advance to EMFH for 2 minutes, then reset back to NB.
    Press Q again within 2 minutes: EMFH and reset completely.
    Press CTRL-Q: Cast EMFH regardless of anything else (if possible, i.e. no cooldown).
    Press Shift-Q: Cast Nimble Brew, regardless of anything else... etc.

The tooltip and icon on the button updates dynamically if you hold Shift or CTRL etc, as long as you select the red [?] icon during macro creation.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.