View Poll Results: Have you ever been banned on any forums before?

Voters
381. This poll is closed
  • Yes, 5+ times.

28 7.35%
  • Yes, 3-5 times.

25 6.56%
  • Yes, 1-2 times.

88 23.10%
  • Nope.

233 61.15%
  • Don't remember.

7 1.84%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Guys, pretty please can we stop discussing specific infractions and moderator actions on MMOC? That kind of stuff is not appropriate to discuss in public and we have forum rules against it. If you have a specific complaint about moderation on MMOC in particular, please talk to an admin. This thread needs to keep to the general topic of webforum bans.
    Too bad that when we complain, th just have the mod that banned us get mad and state idiotic reasons why they banned us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    The reason that transparency is so important in a government is because it increases accountability.
    MMO-Champion is not a country and its moderators are not a government.
    Be nice to nerds, chances are you might end up working for one. -- Charles J. Sykes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarfoz View Post
    MMO-Champion is not a country and its moderators are not a government.
    But the principle applies to anyone who considers themselves a good, honest person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need recommendations on best way to get banned here.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Need recommendations on best way to get banned here.
    Take an unpopular stance and insult those who don't agree.

Never seems to work the other way around...

OT: That really is the case with the majority of places actually. If you don't follow a certain ideology, you will be banned for things that others could, if they weren't following the same ideology of moderators.
    Last edited by Monstercloud; 2013-05-12 at 05:50 AM.

I respect your wish to keep such things private, but I find it an odd way to run a community. Why do you not want people talking about moderator actions? Shouldn't you all be comfortable with your decisions? If you aren't proud enough of a moderator actions you made that you're okay with people talking about it, then it's probably not an action that should have been made.

The reason that transparency is so important in a government is because it increases accountability. If you don't want the public to know that you did something, then you shouldn't have done it.
    I actually agree with this post. If you have rules designed to keep people from finding out what took place. The only people who know what took place, are the mods who discuss it among each other. Giving threat to others if they discuss it..they will be punished. I can't believe discussing what took place is actually against the rules.

Knowledge is a great thing, yet those people know nothing about the entire story see my outbursts and assume I'm just having a random fit of rage, when there is a very good reason behind it. Yet you have decided not to disclose that to them. I made a deal with Admin of site. He would allow me change the OP of the thread.

He said this during appeal section when I was infracted for flame baiting in that same five minutes. My OP post managed to become erased. I messaged sunshine, him about honoring their deal. Yet not one damn reply back. Just ignoring as if they never said it. I have nothing to hide. I disclose the information. I was pissed because you broke your deal. You said you'd do something and you changed your mind.

For months I was so upset, I didn't post in off topic at all. i waited weeks for you reply with my requests. Yet nothing. If you didn't make the promise. I wouldn't been mad. If someones gives their word. I expected them to honor it. Sunshine doesn't return messages, even though thats job shes overtaking.

Its no wonder a ton people are pissed and making threads to complain. Hopefully you will not dismiss it, as you dd others.

temp bans yes...perm bans no....I have an unfortunate tendancy to speak my mind and call a spade a spade..which doesnt go over so well with some mods on this site

An infraction I had was due to me taking a subject in a direction that the mod didn't like, and I was warned to stop talking about it, though it was directly relating to the thread OP using facts and remaining fairly neutral about the subject it was something that the particular mod did not agree with or was unable to understand. So after further warnings when I continued the discussion I called the mod out on being a bad moderator misusing his power.

In short he deemed my discussion offtopic, though had clearly not actually read the posts, that were directly talking about the OP. By this point it was clear it was more his personal dispute with me challenging him. I got an Infraction for trolling, for telling the mod that he wasn't worthy of being a mod due to misusing his powers, and ignoring his requests to stop the direction of the discussion. I'm guessing those who get banned are getting into these kinda heated situations all too often.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-05-12 at 07:16 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    I respect your wish to keep such things private, but I find it an odd way to run a community. Why do you not want people talking about moderator actions? Shouldn't you all be comfortable with your decisions? If you aren't proud enough of a moderator actions you made that you're okay with people talking about it, then it's probably not an action that should have been made.

The reason that transparency is so important in a government is because it increases accountability. If you don't want the public to know that you did something, then you shouldn't have done it.
    This can't be discussed here (General Off-Topic). The thing is that moderators don't make the rules. We don't make the policies. We follow the rules/policies outlined by the two main site admins (Bibi and Sunshine). I personally think additional transparency could be fine if it was done right, but the thing is that my opinion doesn't mean that much. I have about as much sway over site policy as any other individual user does. Bibi and Sunshine are the only ones who know the whole picture, which I'm sure includes many, many other factors. The place this discussion belongs is Suggestions and Feedback (so the admins can address it when they have time) and not in this thread.

I'm also closing this thread, since it is no longer about permanent bans on other forums and is now about personal infractions on MMO-Champion, which is against the rules (see above paragraph).

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines