[Shadow] Simcraft question..

Hey guys.. i simmed myself on patchwork and got a terrible 123k dps.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...syran/advanced

then.. afterwards.. i simmed a friend of mine who has the same ilvl as me and currently has no gems or enchant on his chest piece who ended up simming 142k dps. He is also almost 2% above hit cap..

here is his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...patch/advanced

what in the world am i doing wrong? I understand I could use a ton more haste, but I was always under the impression that similar stats = similar output?

or could this be because he has the legendary meta gem/troll racial? (i can't imagine it having THAT big of a difference in throughput)

Deleted
    weapon + trinket

so much more spell power right there. ilvl is just the average across the items. but some items are much more important than others

having a 522 mainhand + breath of the hydra is huge compared to your 504 + cosmos

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    weapon + trinket

so much more spell power right there. ilvl is just the average across the items. but some items are much more important than others

having a 522 mainhand + breath of the hydra is huge compared to your 504 + cosmos
    Yeah i just started raiding again and my guild kinda expects me to put out similar damage single-target.. (i almost always destroy him on multi-target)

Also.. I'd imagine if he reforged and gemmed.. he'd be closer to 150k dps. Is 30k dps in the weapon/trinket as you have said?

Deleted
    hard to say exactly but it will be a significant factor.
    not sure if he's reaching a haste breakpoint that you're not or some other factor that isn't obvious to me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    hard to say exactly but it will be a significant factor.
    not sure if he's reaching a haste breakpoint that you're not or some other factor that isn't obvious to me right now.
    well.. i'm all ears. if you find anything out.. please, do tell. I'm desperate to increase my damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gindry View Post
    Hey guys.. i simmed myself on patchwork and got a terrible 123k dps.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...syran/advanced

then.. afterwards.. i simmed a friend of mine who has the same ilvl as me and currently has no gems or enchant on his chest piece who ended up simming 142k dps. He is also almost 2% above hit cap..

here is his armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...patch/advanced

what in the world am i doing wrong? I understand I could use a ton more haste, but I was always under the impression that similar stats = similar output?

or could this be because he has the legendary meta gem/troll racial? (i can't imagine it having THAT big of a difference in throughput)
    If he has the meta gem and troll racial, and you just have TotG, then it's not surprising to me that he'll sim higher than you.

undead and herbalism.

are you really min/maxing?

Deleted
    Legendary meta gem
    Troll racial
    2x damage increasing professions
    Much superior weapon
    Much superior trinket

It's not a mystery. Legendary metagem alone is like having a personal bloodlust for ~30% of the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc9e8e7fdb19; 2013-05-11 at 10:33 AM.

Deleted
    like others have said, a combo of being a troll (20% haste burst) , having the LMG (30% haste proc) better weapon and trinket will account for a big difference. he will have a minimum of 1800SP increase over you, jsut because of the weapon.

the LMG can be awesome, if it procs jsut before a DP then the ticks are outrageous