Poll: Would you want to go to war to save the EU/USA ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Actually don't independent corporations build them?
    Ever heard of a military contractor?

Most of the US' stuff is produced by Lockheed, General Dynamics, Raytheon, and a bunch of other companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an aussie i would go to war to save the EU, but fuck america. Not willing to die for somewhere i hate.
    Aye mate

i wouldn't go to war physically, like being in or near the areas where the fighting is. i would stay very far away. i didn't get to choose where i was born and countries fighting one another is not something i chose either. i like my country, but i would never give my life for it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    As an aussie i would go to war to save the EU, but fuck america. Not willing to die for somewhere i hate.
    i think your signature is funny when you compare it to what you said. apparently you don't deserve an opinion because the only thing you're seeing in your what you said is you. also, without the us, you would have 4 less bands in your signature and all of the games in your 4th line would not exist. i know these reasons aren't associated with why you dislike the us, but i just thought it was funny that you hate the us, but like so much that comes from it.
    Last edited by reef; 2013-05-11 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Come to think of it I don't think any Western country uses Chinese-produced crap.

Crap being the operative word. Why use an AK-47 when you can have a Steyr?
    Chinese weapons are so shitty that even the taliban wouldn't use them.

Also, I want to point out that I appreciate your Ayeka avatar. Very rare to find someone who actually enjoyed that show ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

Also, I want to point out that I appreciate your Ayeka avatar. Very rare to find someone who actually enjoyed that show ^.^
    Psh, Tenchi Muyo! was awesome. The OVA, at least; Universe and Tokyo got excessively stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an American veteran, I would definitely go to war to save the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

America builds most of it's own weapons. The rest we get from Germany.
    most of our infantry weapons come from a belgian company, FN. i'm not sure if most of them are made in belgium or in a FN factory in the US though
    edit: i think some of our man portable anti tank weapons come from sweden and a lot of our other systems are made by BAE which is international, both british and american
    ---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 10:58 PM ----------

when i was in ramadi, the iraqi police told me they preferred chinese version of the Kalashnikov, its the czech and polish ones that are unreliable
    Last edited by goobernoob; 2013-05-11 at 06:07 AM.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every human has a right to choose, especially if the battlefront is on different land. I don't want to feel like an invader, or I wouldn't want people invading my land. If people did come to the United States, like they did in Red Dawn, would I have that choice to refuse?

Yes, if its a legitimate cause I wouldnt hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Every human has a right to choose, especially if the battlefront is on different land. I don't want to feel like an invader, or I wouldn't want people invading my land. If people did come to the United States, like they did in Red Dawn, would I have that choice to refuse?
    I guess you could try to collaborate or stay out of the way, but if it got that bad and you dodged the draft you would have a lot of people rather pissed at you.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

It honestly depends on my situation. If I have nothing good going on at home (ie no true career, no serious relationship or marriage, etc) then I would have no problem joining the military for a war worth fighting. Whether or not I personally care about other countries (or even my own, really) a war of large magnitude is too important to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yes. Western civilization is the apex of human development and needs to be preserved.

Totally agree. Middle Eastern Philosophies are the last gasps of the ancient Biblical era, and need to be stamped out as soon as possible. This isnt to be taken as a slam on Christians at all either. I reference the "Honor Killings" stoning of people, head removal and other nasty things that Christians grew out of and Muslims are still doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i think your signature is funny when you compare it to what you said. apparently you don't deserve an opinion because the only thing you're seeing in your what you said is you. also, without the us, you would have 4 less bands in your signature and all of the games in your 4th line would not exist. i know these reasons aren't associated with why you dislike the us, but i just thought it was funny that you hate the us, but like so much that comes from it.
    As much as i say that. If America was invaded in a world war i would be sent there to fight anyway. Because my government and army would order me to. We already fight for America in Afghanistan and Iraq now anyway.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You hate the United States so much, yet you listen to music, and games that originated within its borders, and post on a forum that was born here as well.

--

Yes, I would support saving Europe if it were in danger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    most of our infantry weapons come from a belgian company, FN. i'm not sure if most of them are made in belgium or in a FN factory in the US though
    Belgium is just Germany lite.

But yeah, our infantry are pretty well stocked with foreign equipment. When it comes to hardware though, (especially planes and bombs), America supplies itself and most of the western world.

Deleted
    To save the USA? No, definitely not, the people though? Yeah, i'd have no problems fighting to keep people safe. I probably wouldn't last long, but hey, every little helps.

I'm Greek, I'd go to war for Greece's defense. Maybe for the defense of a handful of other countries.

The EU in general? No thanks, they'd watch us die if it suited them, so I have no reason to fight for them.

NATO? They have let thousands of Greek Cypriots die to the illegal Turkish occupation in Cyprus, so I know they'd let us die if it suited them, especially the Americans and Brits. So no.

I'll defend my own, and people I care for. I'd volunteer to help some other Balkan nations' defense (Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania), beyond that, my country doesn't matter to a non-Greek, so why should their country matter to me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recognize Europe as the "EU", but if in this case they are presumed to be interchangeable, then yes.

I am anti-war, it's too expensive, in money and young blood spent. But I think I'd sign up if Europe was under serious threat.

Funny, though, that Europeans/Australians are divided on whether they would help us. I wonder who the first people they would call might be if they were in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    I don't recognize Europe as the "EU", but if in this case they are presumed to be interchangeable, then yes.

I am anti-war, it's too expensive, in money and young blood spent. But I think I'd sign up if Europe was under serious threat.

Funny, though, that Europeans/Australians are divided on whether they would help us. I wonder who the first people they would call might be if they were in serious trouble.
    I'd ask the Russians before I'd call on the UK or US.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    UHMERICA if it's China, China if it's anyone else.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.