Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That's about how I feel. Either they're going down the line that few rarely do, and the two will die, or they'll go down the line everybody does, and the two will live. And a ~2 hour movie of two people being stuck in space suits? Yeah, gonna pass on this one.
    But aren't there movies for you that when you see who is directing and who is starring, you just don't care after that? For me that's this film. Two great actors and a terrific director - sign me up. Plus, if it does go down the dark side of life and they end up dying, could be phenomenal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I would be alot more excited for this if it was ANY other actress, I just cannot stand Sandra Bullock, I don't know why I liked her early stuff (speed, Demolition man and (forgive me for my sins) The Net) but she's been on a steady decline for about a decade now and I would honestly rather see some one like Kristen Stewart take the lead than sit through another Sandy B crapfest, that's how much I dislike her.
    You are in time out for five minutes. Please don't tell me that you would want Kristen Stewart in a film over a dead body - because that's basically what she is in films. I happen to like Bullock, that's beside the point. Did you see the Snow White film she destroyed? Charlize Theron was brilliant, the blond guy was great - and Stewart, the zombie vampire actress, wrecked it all.

(sorry, not trying to derail here, but jesus, Stewart!?!?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    then again it would be extremely scary slowly falling to your death over the course of a few weeks.
    A few weeks? Dehydration would kill you in 10 days maximum...and 3-4 days is more normal. Not that it wouldn't be scary, it just wouldn't take you a few weeks to die. And that assumes you have the oxygen to last that long.

As for the movie itself? Probably pass. I really won't care about Clooney or Bullock enough to endure them talking for 2 hours. As for the director, I liked Children of Men a fair bit, but that alone isn't enough to make him a "sure thing" in my mind, and I haven't seen(or cared to see) anything else he's done either.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2013-07-29 at 06:54 AM.

Honestly I've seen the trailer in a few movies and it looks like an interesting concept I'm just not sure I want to see it because I don't see what they can do with it. Essentially their ship breaks in the first 5 minutes of the movie I'm guessing or at least within the first 30 minutes. Then you could get maybe 15 minutes more of interesting things with them trying to grab each other before floating away, etc. After that what more can the movie offer besides a daring rescue (if this happens I'd be disappointed because to get a shuttle up that fast would be unlikely) or 45 minutes of them confessing their love for each other and dying. Either way it just seems dull. If it's going to be a suspenseful love story then I've really got no desire to see it.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    The scene where Ryan Stone (Bullock) talks with Aningaaq - but from Earths POW. Directed by Jonás Cuarón
    Obvious spoiler for those who havent seen Gravity yet. The theme is sort of the same - not wanting to let go.