Poll: Who would you vote for?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    because that's the only thing they would talk about, right?
    Conservatives are seriously overestimating how much of a winner they have on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    If Clinton were to make it past the primaries, she would be destroyed during the real debates due to Benghazi.
    She did fine during the senate hearing that tried to hang her. Those are the same people who would be running against her. They also probably voted against a bill om which the state department requested more funds for embassy security.

On the bright side, Benghazi is the first example I've seen of conservatives holding anything other than contempt for diplomats.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp, no use going forward here.
    Let me guess. I don't like progressives, so I'm anti-progress, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    People would have to help him because you need congress to get anything done but that is the platform of the Libertarian Party. Limited federal and local government, no regulations, no taxes, very limited police, basically all the conditions that made the wild west possible in the 19th century. You would also get a return of robber barons except this time it would be banks in addition to other major industries. I agree with them on indivisual freedom but Libertarians are dead wrong about free market capitalism and no social services
    Frankly, I'm glad you didn't say Somalia.

I'm skeptical of the bolded. Care to elaborate?
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-05-12 at 04:42 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    She did fine during the senate hearing that tried to hang her. Those are the same people who would be running against her. They also probably voted against a bill om which the state department requested more funds for embassy security.
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...111305929.html

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Conservatives are seriously overestimating how much of a winner they have on this issue.

Once again...
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...111305929.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing about Hilary tells me should would make a good president, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    IDK, they have been fishing for something to use against both CLinton and Obama for years now, and they got something, they wont let go. they are going to be beating that drum until someone hangs. they are even screaming for Obama to get impeached over this, when evidence he had anything to do with it doesn't exist.

Anyone else pulling for a Chris Matthews / Ed Schultz ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Let me guess. I don't like progressives, so I'm anti-progress, right?
    should I think otherwise? is it not about petty political labels with you?

Deleted
    because that's the only thing they would talk about, right?
    Nope, but it sure as hell shows the amount of incompetence that the 2 am phone call woman possess.

Elizabeth Warren supports the Bank on Students Loan Fairness Act.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,3954620.story

Did any of you Warren supporters actually read that bill?

You guys know what it does, right? It doesn't erase student loan debts. It lowers the interest payments. So the debts still exist. On the surface, you might actually think this helps students. But it doesn't. This just lowers their payment. And of course ANYONE who understands basic economics knows what will happen in the real world application of this bill. What will happen is these students will be free to pile on even MORE debt. And then they will be right back where they started, with huge payments. They'll just have more debt. Except they will be even MORE vulnerable to interest rate hikes in the future.

This thing hurts students. It teaches them the worst lesson possible.

What you want is someone who gets the debt off the books, not encourage people to take on more debt.

I would definitely not support Warren based on this bill. She's probably a moron.

Is it really this difficult? All we're asking here is for a politician to work on getting rid of these debts. Do NOT support Warren. Please.

Yeah, they edited talking points. This really isn't the massive failure on the part of government you want it to be.

Hillary's survived so many scandals I don't think the Republicans can beat her that way. Regardless of the merits of this or any other past or future scandal, it just looks like crying wolf too many times at this point.

In any case, it'll be years old news in 2015 and 2016, and they know it. The reason they're bringing it up now is to try to deter her from running in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Elizabeth Warren supports the Bank on Students Loan Fairness Act.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,3954620.story
    Wow. In your mind, not raising people's interest rates actually hurts them. That's fucking amazing.

Nope, but it sure as hell shows the amount of incompetence that the 2 am phone call woman possess.
    come back to me if this is what sinks her in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
    Hillary's survived so many scandals I don't think the Republicans can beat her that way. Regardless of the merits of this or any other past or future scandal, it just looks like crying wolf too many times at this point.

In any case, it'll be years old news in 2015 and 2016, and they know it. The reason they're bringing it up now is to try to deter her from running in the first place.
    Yeah honestly she's probably one of the most politically capable of people in our government and surrounding culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    should I think otherwise? is it not about petty political labels with you?
    Are you pro-death because you're not pro-life? Yes, it's a cheesy label.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Wow. In your mind, not raising people's interest rates actually hurts them. That's fucking amazing.
    Not exactly, but if they don't have an incentive to pay it off then (or at all), then it perpetuates itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
    She doesn't seem too interested in the first place:

http://go.bloomberg.com/political-ca...waste-of-time/
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-05-12 at 04:49 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK, they have been fishing for something to use against both CLinton and Obama for years now, and they got something, they wont let go. they are going to be beating that drum until someone hangs. they are even screaming for Obama to get impeached over this, when evidence he had anything to do with it doesn't exist.
    Anyone calling for impeachment is an idiot, or an overzealous bastard. Somebody is at fault. Someone either was a massively incompetent fuck, or was so determined to push their political agenda that they were willing to let people die and/or lie about those deaths. But that wasn't Obama. I just don't believe it. I can't imagine a scenario where the trail leads back to him. I think he might be protecting a crony, but that in itself isn't impeachment-worthy. No, someone withing the administration needs to be either publicly shamed, fired, or put on trial (depending on whether it was incompetence or malice), but to me Obama seems clean, or very lightly involved at most.

Al Gore, the guy that should have been president in 2000, but since we have this outdated horseshit system called the Electoral College, he lost the presidency to waterhead jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The best solution is to let these students go bankrupt. But give them an amnesty to clean it off the books with no damage to their credit rating. Get the cost of college under control as well. That would go a long way to fixing the economy.

What she is proposing doesn't fix anything. It just encourages more borrowing. There is no "consumer protection" in encouraging debtors to take on even more debt by lowering their interest rate.