Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    If you don't have enough for $15 on it then it's not a valid payment method
    right... lol
    "Me not that kind of Orc!" -- ♥ ♥YouTube ♥ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Jeza TheShamanator View Post
    right... lol
    It wasn't a joke. They haven't switched to a F2P system yet, it's still set up as a subscription model and even though you're not going to be charged it still needs to be a card that can afford the $15 subscription

You don't even have to play the game for 14 hours. Just link the Raptr account with a random Steam account that had 14 hours played of Rift than link it back to your Steam account and you get the code. That's what I did, worked for me. Also, they DO charge you UNLESS it's a brand new account. If you didn't previously own Rift or Storm Legion they don't charge you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootis View Post
    You don't even have to play the game for 14 hours. Just link the Raptr account with a random Steam account that had 14 hours played of Rift than link it back to your Steam account and you get the code. That's what I did, worked for me. Also, they DO charge you UNLESS it's a brand new account. If you didn't previously own Rift or Storm Legion they don't charge you.
    They don't charge you for an old account unless you choose to renew your subscription.

If you don't have enough for $15 on it then it's not a valid payment method
    From what people on the chat were saying yesterday, they charge 0.00, and only want that to validate your account, as to prevent abusing that's been happening back when we only needed to input the key to get the raptr pack. And again, from what people were saying, you don't need a penny on the card to get the key.

I finally got a response back from Trion. He/She told me if you don't have a new account you do have to pay 15$ to set up a subscription to add and access Storm Legion content.

Subject
    Raptr Game Code

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Senior GM Nydolaistra) 05/28/2013 07:48 AM
    Hello ********,

Greetings, Ascended!

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for any confusion you may have experienced regarding our recent Raptr promotional offer. I'd like to ensure that we're addressing all of your concerns regarding this exclusive offer and below, you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about our newest Raptr promotion:

- Do I qualify for the 30 days of complimentary game time included in the "RIFT Full Game + Expansion + 30 Day Subscription" offer?
    The Raptr promotional code for RIFT Storm Legion only includes 30 days of complimentary game time for NEW accounts. This information can be found on Raptr's promotional page here: http://raptr.com/game/Rift/rewards/rift-storm-legion. A new account is defined as an account that does not have previous RIFT game ownership. The reason that existing accounts do not receive 30 days of complimentary game time, is because existing accounts already received their complimentary 30 days of game time with their original RIFT game purchase.

- I am being prompted to setup a subscription when attempting to apply my Raptr code. Is this intended? Isn't RIFT going Free-to-Play?
    Yes, RIFT is going Free-to-Play starting on June 12, 2013, and you can find more information about that change here: http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/freetoplay.php; however, you will be prompted to proactively setup a subscription so that you may continue to get patron benefits when your 30 days of complimentary game time (for new accounts) has elapsed. Please keep in mind, the new patron benefits will not begin until the game officially goes Free-to-Play on June 12, 2013. If you have a new account, you will not be charged for this subscription purchase until after your 30 days of complimentary time has concluded, and you can cancel your subscription at any time thereafter to prevent future charges. If you have an existing RIFT account with RIFT game ownership, you will be required to setup a subscription plan in order to apply your code and access Storm Legion content, as the game is not yet Free-to-Play.

I responded back to his email and this is that part:

Can I still use the code once the game goes free to play?

Hello ********,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

My apologies for any confusion. At this time we are unsure of the code application process prior to the launch of Free to Play, however Customer Support can apply the code for you now or in the future without needing to sign up for a subscription if you'd like. Simply let us know by sending us the code.

Hope this helps you all

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you apply the code to a new account it still prompts you to enter a payment method for a recurring subscription. Once you put the information in it takes you to a checkout page where you will see that your charges for this purchase are $0.00 for a free month. You then can immediately cancel the subscription and delete your card information and play your month for free.

This is not new. Every game that has launched in the last couple of years, including SWTOR, TERA, etc, asks for you to put in your information prior to allowing you to play your free month. On each of those games you could immediately cancel the subscription and remove your card number from the account. While this is annoying, it's not new.

Trion are not trying to rob or trick people.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Jeza TheShamanator View Post
    [B]I finally got a response back from Trion. He/She told me if you don't have a new account you do have to pay 15$ to set up a subscription to add and access Storm Legion content.
    Depends on what you consider Storm Legion content. I can use the new souls just fine without an active subscription, just can't get past level 20 or play any of my characters that are already over 20.

Customer support added the Storm Legion codes to mine and my husbands accounts. They are very helpful!

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 12:39 PM ----------

Depends on what you consider Storm Legion content. I can use the new souls just fine without an active subscription, just can't get past level 20 or play any of my characters that are already over 20.
    Right. The new souls are probably the only thing you can use from Storm Legion without a sub atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a rift game code ( not SL ) you can apply it to a new account without adding subb, u just need to contact a GM. here's what mine responded after i sent him the code:
    Response GM Oxxyan via Email 05/21/2013 10:50 AM
    Hello XXXXXX,

I apologize for the issues you've been experiencing applying this code to your account, but I'm happy to report that I was able to apply the code for you. If you log completely out of the game and your account management page, the change should take place the next time you log in.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 130521-000655

Sincerely,

GM Oxxyan
    Trion Worlds Inc.

Hope this helps, GL with your code and see you on the 2nd!! xD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's pretty awesome that they are handling that for people to prevent the credit card entry. Most companies would just give you a default email giving the information I stated above.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well that's pretty awesome that they are handling that for people to prevent the credit card entry. Most companies would just give you a default email giving the information I stated above.
    The Rift support (not Defiance) is super good. I've yet to have a negative experience with them, and almost everyone I've talked to who has dealt with them was impressed with how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The Rift support (not Defiance) is super good. I've yet to have a negative experience with them, and almost everyone I've talked to who has dealt with them was impressed with how good they are.
    I agree! Best customer support I have ever dealt with a game! or any customer support for that matter. LOL

Deleted

First comes first serve, free code!

I preordered the game in the days, so I am not going to use my code.
    I have a code for the first who use it:

JPLTWGZHY7QLKZMXKR7Y

Quote Originally Posted by Lavitaz View Post
    I preordered the game in the days, so I am not going to use my code.
    I have a code for the first who use it:

JPLTWGZHY7QLKZMXKR7Y
    Let me guess... Ascend a Friend code? If people fall for that, btw, you can just e-mail Trion and they will remove the link in your account, so the scammer doesn't get any rewards if you do subscribe at some point.

I so wanna play this game... but none of my friends play it so I'm like a sad panda

Thanks for this thread though, if one day a friend of mine would like to play it... I'll have the best argument !

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I so wanna play this game... but none of my friends play it so I'm like a sad panda

Thanks for this thread though, if one day a friend of mine would like to play it... I'll have the best argument !
    I'm sorry to say this, but you need to get new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

Just play it, and find new/more friends.

I see you are from Switzerland; dunno what language you prefer while playing a game but if it's german take a look at Brutwacht. That's were I play... I'm not sure, but it could be that there is even a guild with mainly swiss people. Or maaaybe it was an austrian guild... I'm not sure, sorry! >_<

Deleted
    Thanks to AAF (ascend a Friend) I have not paid for a sub in over 7 months now, can't help but feel responsible for rift F2P

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but you need to get new friends.
    I know right ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    Just play it, and find new/more friends.

I see you are from Switzerland; dunno what language you prefer while playing a game but if it's german take a look at Brutwacht. That's were I play... I'm not sure, but it could be that there is even a guild with mainly swiss people. Or maaaybe it was an austrian guild... I'm not sure, sorry! >_<
    I'm from the side of Switzerland where we speak french ^^ But thank you though !

Homophobia is so gay.