Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I'm a bit worried about the mob density now thought.
    I used to be able to do MP10 but now there's just too many mobs ;_;
    Life leech + aoe + many more mobs = immortality

EDIT: btw, is a 2h barbarian viable? Planning to level the second one and want to focus on big badass weapons for fun only Just asking for build tips.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

EDIT: btw, is a 2h barbarian viable? Planning to level the second one and want to focus on big badass weapons for fun only Just asking for build tips.
    My barb is actually running 5/5 Immortal King set, with the awesome 2h mace.
    It has about 1500+ dps and great stats (including 1000 LoH).
    Check my barb:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P...6/hero/4006934

In terms of damage:
    Dual Wield > 2h weapon > 1h+shield

So it's not optimal, but IMO viable.
    You can probably just switch weapons, a 2h weapon just means less on hit procs due to less atack speed, but that's about it.

Sidenote: the items are actually pretty cheap, with the most expensive item being the weapon at 500k gold (which you can now easily farm if you go MP4 or higher).
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2013-05-13 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    I love the last patch, runnning around in every act now collecting keys, not that i need a better hellfire ring, but the task to do different things are much more fun.. and if i pull that lottery ticket i might end up with a slight better hellfire ring after all. have 4.5 crit and not 6crit the only thing lacking

Leveling Paragon is now not even a problem, since runnning MP8 with all these mobs just skyrocket the speed of leveling, made 3 levels this weekend and i am not even close to play alot(not what my girlfriend says, but then what does she know about playing alot).

I still miss the punishment you had in D2 if you die you should loose say 10% of gained Paragon point on current level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultragrisen View Post
    (not what my girlfriend says, but then what does she know about playing alot).
    Sounds like my family.
    OT: I completely forgot that with the keys you can fight the dual bosses aswell.
    Should probably get to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    its better than what it was, but act3 is still way ahead when it comes to xp per hour
    No its not.

i am digging the density changes. way fun. on mp10 in full group i'm managing 150-250M xp an hour. P80s are flying by.

the density changes have made using my monk DW setup funner. i hate the fear on EF but now there's so many monsters they can't really run away. actually upgraded some of my set for DW to boost me up to 300k unbuffed and it's just truckloads of fun to melt mobs.

i am not too happy with some of the bugs tho. monk serenity bug has made reviving people on ubers a lot harder. and sb/kulle fight is much harder now. not sure if it's fireball, tornados, falling ceiling damage or a combination of them all.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The mob density in A1 is actually so good I decided to do a massacre yesterday, just for fun.
    Got up to 1141, which made things even more fun.

Festering Woods + Fields of Misery->Weeping hollow really does the trick. Tons of mobs in Weeping hollow as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mob density is indeed much better now than it used to be, but after the Gold duping fiasco with the US servers I kinda lost faith in the game for now... will probably pick it up on ps4 when it comes out and play it there without requiring perma connection, that way I can also enjoy Hardcore without worrying that my net/power will go out thus whiping my character.... really hardcore mode shouldn't even be online in the first place since it doesn't use the RMAH...

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't see how people do so much XP per hour. I get 50, maybe, with the new changes.

it's just mp level and massive overgearing. as fast as we can walk, stuff dies. before 1.08, we could do 120-150m. with full group bonus going now it's over the top.

if i solo i'm only good for 90-120m/hr, if i pop a ruby in my helm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    it's just mp level and massive overgearing. as fast as we can walk, stuff dies. before 1.08, we could do 120-150m. with full group bonus going now it's over the top.

if i solo i'm only good for 90-120m/hr, if i pop a ruby in my helm.
    I walk through mobs on MP2, have 24% movement speed, Ruby in helm and Hellfire Ring. Yes, I pick up a lot of stuff, including all gems, Tomes of Secret, and ALL rares, but I don't meander around. Losing 100 million an hour cannot possibly come down to me zoning back to salvage an inventory two or three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F...79/hero/321688

Of course it is. And, in my opinion at least, much more fun that the whirlwindy stuff. Critting for a million damage with Bash and charging through a group of mobs sending their corpses flying for miles is fun too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I walk through mobs on MP2, have 24% movement speed, Ruby in helm and Hellfire Ring. Yes, I pick up a lot of stuff, including all gems, Tomes of Secret, and ALL rares, but I don't meander around. Losing 100 million an hour cannot possibly come down to me zoning back to salvage an inventory two or three times.
    Its from playing on Mp2.

The new NV buff multiplies your exp bonus instead of just adding to it. The multiplayer buff works the same way. You can get over 1500% xp bonus on mp10 with gem, hellfire ring, and 5 stacks of NV in a 4player game. A Leorics might add another ~100%.
    Last edited by Zenko; 2013-05-14 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Its from playing on Mp2.

The new NV buff multiplies your exp bonus instead of just adding to it. The multiplayer buff works the same way. You can get over 1500% xp bonus on mp10 with gem, hellfire ring, and 5 stacks of NV in a 4player game. A Leorics might add another ~100%.
    Well, I can't comfortably do anything over MP4, but guides I've seen claim it ca be done on any MP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can't comfortably do anything over MP4, but guides I've seen claim it ca be done on any MP.
    Well to be fair 50m an hour is still excellent. Especially if you are picking everything up.

I do maybe 75m an hour on mp10 but I only pick up beams of light.

Man I really need to get off the WoWcrack and play a bit more D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Love being able to do Act I again without worrying about if I could be getting way more exp. per hour or not in Keep or Act III. Act I is well designed, has a high variance of mob types, and plenty of dungeons to explore.

Definitely boosted the playability level tenfold.
    This is something I've noticed while playing the game over the passed year. I really enjoy the first act a lot more than the others. It feels like the first Act is really well layed out and designed while the others feel disjointed and redundant by comparison. Not sure why that is, but it feels that way to me. I hope the expansion plays out really well, I also hope for some good lore in the coming expansions.

Dahlgur Oasis is awesome now
    those inv snakes... so maaaaaaaaaany of them

hrmmm, outside of tempest rush build, i'm not aware of anything that can equalize the xp disparity between mp difficulties (at least as a monk).

when i say walk through, i really mean as fast as we can walk, stuff dies around us. and yeah, we don't tend to pick up much other than rings, amulets, legends, DEs.
    2 monks with palm, a wd and a cm wiz. all of us are over 1 million edps each. palm is insane. overawe + moh & guiding light and a cm wizard running full dps buffs and meteor and a wd running bats is absolutely crazy right now.

and yeah, 50m at mp2 non-TR is pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    This is something I've noticed while playing the game over the passed year. I really enjoy the first act a lot more than the others. It feels like the first Act is really well layed out and designed while the others feel disjointed and redundant by comparison. Not sure why that is, but it feels that way to me. I hope the expansion plays out really well, I also hope for some good lore in the coming expansions.
    Completely agree. Act I is by far the best part of Diablo III. Its gritty, grim, grimey and has the classic 'Diablo' feel to it. If the entire game was set in the Tristrim area I'd not complain. The only thing that could really improve it is a better (i.e. bigger and better laid out) Tristrim town to move around and explore, and darker catacombs (not to mention having Light Radius being a stat again).

Act II feels 'iffy', because it feels like a copy of Diablo II's Lut Gholein and desert. Act III is okay, the fortress is cool but then the battlefield feels a LOT like Diablo II's Act V Barbarian lands, and the Heart of Sin is so much like Hell. And Act IV, well... Very flashy, but has no substance after a few minutes.

I honestly think Act I is so good because they spent all their effort on it during the Beta. Skeleton King was a good intro boss fight and the backstory just suited the theme so well. Shame about Leia dragging it down, and Decard Cain's awful pointless death to a villian who belongs in a comic book.