Deleted

Windows 7 Startup Lag

My computer has been fine up until a week or so ago; whenever I start up windows and log into my account, it lags for over 5 minutes.
    I can open up folders, but no files and programs fail to load until its done lagging. I've disabled non-essential statup programs but the problem persists,

Any ideas? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to think back a week ago and see if you can remember what you may have done to change something. Start in safe mode and see if it still lags, try a program like CCleaner along with any number of virus or malware/spyware programs to see if anything is found. Beyond that the easiest fix is just to reformat, especially if you haven't done so in a long time.

Deleted
    Check for viruses is the first thing i would've done.

Then try to restore it at a date where everything was fine would've been the second

Sounds like it could be running a virus-check (or a backup) on startup or your hdd is very fragmented or it's just dying.

Make sure that there's no scans running on startup and defrag your hdd with Defraggler. (Note, if you have an SSD don't defrag it).

Also clean your cache and "fix" your registry with CCleaner
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-05-12 at 06:41 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|