Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Homehub keeps dc'ing for no reason and then reconnects (BT) *help*

Hi there,

I've been trying to find out what the reason could be for this happening, it doesn't make sense. When we first got the internet connection everything was perfect, no dc's fast dl's and everything was smooth and quick.

Now 8 months later, shit happens. The BT homehub starts all of a sudden glowing steadily orange, I keep getting disconnected from the internet, and if I play WoW while doing so. Blizzard locks my account due to suspicious activity! I have no idea why this is happening, and I am going to phone them tomorrow, just sick of it really. I wait for a while and the Homehub automatically reconnects itself. Hope anyone knows why its doing this or can assist!

Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    Which BT router do you have exactly?

I had one of their older routers for quite some time and whilst the internet itself was generally ok, the router randomly rebooted itself, I rang BT and convinced them to send me a HomeHub3 and since then have had no issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few stickies in these forums that may help. There are links so you can check your line and for ongoing issues in your area etc.

I am on BT as well and I dunno whether it's just luck but to me they have the best service out of anyone I know. Only once in a blue moon they do engineering works in the middle of the night where the connection goes down for a few minutes that's all. All the other ISPs have issues. ***Virgin Media*** COUGH***.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a BThomehub 3.0 settings B. And its just strange, I'd say fine.. I get disconnects often.. but that it causes my WoW to get suspended for some unknown reason is incredible, I've changed my password 11 times by now.. Scanned for keyloggers and everything, my computer is as clean as possible.