Poll: Would you still play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bunch that I don't mind, but overall no. Definitely no. The first few solidified that decision.

So basically remove at least half of the game's features and throw it back to the stone age of MMOs? No thanks.

Just to be clear, I said I'd still play cos I probably would.

But I'd regard most of those things as negative changes. I'd just still continue playing despite that.

10+ Year Old Account
    "PvP BG's and arena removed" that would make the game better =)

Absolutely no, those are terrible changes.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    So basically remove at least half of the game's features and throw it back to the stone age of MMOs?
    Stone Age of MMOs, I like the description

But yes, these features are the ones Im seeing people bitch about around here

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt be happy about the some of the changes but id still play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

But yes, these features are the ones Im seeing people bitch about around here
    Yeah, people do bitch about these features, no doubt about that. But there's also a reason those people aren't running an MMO. If Blizzard had followed the fanbase's every wish WoW wouldn't have made it through TBC.

It's true. Do people complain about household plumbing? No, because they'd rather not go back to the days of flinging your turds out of the first floor window and pissing in a bowl.

Same concept, people are just like to complain for the sake of complaining.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone play if they removed all of useful things in game? I know i wouldn't

Look at all them "No"s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well you get those morons that need to "go for the achievement" on raid bosses and then you wipe umpteen times because you have to kill ALZYRAZORAYZRZYRA while dancing with the boss and not taking any damage from the aoe on the ground that covers 99% of the floor oh and you need to do all of this while eating. And usually 8 of the 10 people don't even want this, but guild/raid leader's fat fuck of a GF is an achivement whore...
    This to the millionth power. I didn't mind the mount achievements in the raids, but all of the others ones amounted to 2-3 people disrespecting everyone else's time who didn't want to do it.

The list? I know I wouldn't play without LFR, because I didn't. My real life prevents me from making my guild's raids, and I don't have the desire to make other arrangements to do normals. Those days are over for me. In the past, whenever this happened, I quit the game. Now I'm still subscribing.
    Last edited by darklady; 2013-05-12 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay they're in a random order but of the top of my head, if those changes were implemented, or should I say reverted to, be honest would you still play?
    Since raiding wouldn't really be affected and I don't pvp / don't care about the alt changes: probably yes.
    Would miss LFD & flying in Azeroth though.

The really interesting question would be: how many peeps would be playing if these things WERE NEVER INTRODUCED in the first place.
    Less than 8.3m? definitely.

Deleted
    No, don't have the same time vs fun/entertaiment ratio I had as a teenager.

[B]LFD Removed,

LFR Removed, No, just make it accesible after atleast 2 months when the new raid is released
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth, No
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price) No
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60% Sure, back vanilla style
    Attunements return As long as they will be account wide, I approve
    No more CRZ Agreed
    No more cross server invites / groups Agreed
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced Don't care
    Dailies Removed Nah, just don't overuse them
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?) Wait, aren't they already?
    Raids only have one difficulty setting Agreed
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market) Agreed
    Warlock Minion quests reintroduced Agreed
    Manually have to visit each flight path Is already changed to that
    No ingame markers for quests Nah
    No EXP in battle grounds But people can love PvP and hate PvE
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc) Meh
    Heirlooms removed, No way
    Honor cap back to 75k Lol PvP
    No random BG option Why not?
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced You mean attunements or the rep keys from TBC? Agreed anyway
    Achievements completely removed Why? Whats the harm?
    My contribution in red

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lost me at keys and attunements returning. Why? Quote in Sig explains.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    My contribution in red
    I can agree with most of that, though I've never agreed with LFR but you pretty much summed that up minus the flying mounts in Azeroth. I think part of the reason the game seems much smaller is because the 2 main continents allow flying since Cata and make the entire game seem much smaller, takes the immersion out of the game in a way..

ALSO! BRING BACK DARKER NIGHTS GOD!
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    My contribution in red
    Raid one I mean, specific sizes only, for example Kara could only be done one 10 man, while BT only on 25 man etc

But yea like I said earlier its a more what if thread about going back to the "stone age" not improvements

How shocking, yet another MMO champ poll to tell us what we already know (as the results so far show).

OP, when will you and your ilk realize these rose colored visions of WoW are shared by the minority?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Since raiding wouldn't really be affected and I don't pvp / don't care about the alt changes: probably yes.
    Would miss LFD & flying in Azeroth though.

The really interesting question would be: how many peeps would be playing if these things WERE NEVER INTRODUCED in the first place.
    Less than 8.3m? definitely.
    Was going to say something like this, but this says it pretty well. My answer was no simply because of time restraints and the fact that a lot of these problems stem from the community itself, rather than the design of the game. Lack of community interaction cannot be solely blamed on LFR/LFD. Sure it sets up an environment where you so infrequently meet the same individual that some asshats act like...well asshats. But they were asshats already, which is the problem.

Any person could start up old school trade groups and go rock dungeons by walking there if they wanted to. Why would you do that if you can queue you say? See, the issue is you. You CAN do it, you choose not to because it would just slow you down. "But I want to, just nobody else does" Then the game has changed for the majority and you are left in the minority. Being a for profit company Blizzard surely isn't going to cater to the minority and make less money because...well, because that would be stupid.

Don't get me wrong, people are fully entitled to their wants and opinions. I'm merely stating the fact that the game is changing for the larger population of players and will continue to do so because it is more profitable than the alternatives. If one does not like the changes, try a different game? There's gotta be one out there with stoneage MMO ideals, though I admit I do not know of one with a large/active enough player base off the top of my head.