Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

needs advice on soloing kael thas.

okay i tried doing it on my hunter got past phase one and two very easily. phase 3 was only mildly annoying. then phase 4 comes i get kael thas to 66% and he starts mind controling me against my pet. after 3 rounds of this he resets? how do i kill him without the pet as bm? most of its dps comes from the pet. should i save stampede cooldown till phase 4 and try to do as much dps within the 20 secs window and kite him around the room for the rest of the fight? or would i be mind controlled against those too? currently sitting at mostly heoric gear with a 378 trinket still and some questing blues//greens.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-05-12 at 08:45 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    dont use a pet and just solo him lol, ur lvl 90...i solo'd him on my mage and pally for months til i got my ashes of alar and then stopped.

Deleted
    Switch spec and dismiss pet at the beginning of P4 I guess. Or if your pet manages to tank Kael'thas you can always try to LoS the mind control with the pillars, but that may be more hassle than it's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since MoP I've just gone HAM and not worried about any mechanics outside of mind control. Roll BM to make this extra easy.

I don't swap pets, I will rarely use the staff (usually when putting my pet on Kael before I run behind a pillar) and I use Bestial Wrath after all 4 advisors have been out for about 5 or so seconds (once they've applied all their crap).
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2013-05-12 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Switch spec and dismiss pet at the beginning of P4 I guess. Or if your pet manages to tank Kael'thas you can always try to LoS the mind control with the pillars, but that may be more hassle than it's worth.
    thats sounds fun how does that work? is there a video for it on youtube? also i already am bm. the only problem im having is the mind control on phase 4 everything easy is easy. using bestial wrath when its not on cd. then he just redoes the mind control.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-05-12 at 08:56 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

I find it alot easier to fight kaelthas close to a big statue ( of himself) and hide behind it when he does his mind control ( each 25 seconds I believe ) , you will know when its safe to come out and nuke him after he said " obey me! " .. or " bow to my will ! " you will have a 20 second window of nuking and popping a heal on your pet. after that hide again line of sight behind the statue untill he yells his Mind control emote again...

good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    ok. does he continue mind controlling the entire time even during phase 5? never done this fight with a pet class. mostly just solo it on my warrior.

You can either do it without a pet or if you have the burst/want to let your pet do all the work, you can do it with a pet. You can just dismiss your pet after you kill all the 4 guys again then you should be fine and no MCs will go out.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You can either do it without a pet or if you have the burst/want to let your pet do all the work, you can do it with a pet. You can just dismiss your pet after you kill all the 4 guys again then you should be fine and no MCs will go out.
    so if im reading this right.....right after phase 3 i dismiss the pet and start dpsing kael'thas then resummon pet and no mind control? i did that the first time it didnt work.

I think bread meant you don't actually bring your pet back... just use it up to the last phase and finish the rest w/o a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I think bread meant you don't actually bring your pet back... just use it up to the last phase and finish the rest w/o a pet.
    yeah with the stampede/kiting that i mentioned in the first post that would be without the pet. not sure if pets summoned by stampede are subject to the mindcontrol/charm rules though.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so if im reading this right.....right after phase 3 i dismiss the pet and start dpsing kael'thas then resummon pet and no mind control? i did that the first time it didnt work.
    You got MCed when you didn't have your pet out? that shouldn't happen... Except I guess snake trap might count as a target, letting it MC you...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    When he MC's me on my frost mage i kill my elemental (not out of choice ofc) w8 for it to finish then kill him, it's not like he does enough damage to kill you @ lvl 90 ? i might kill him with a wet flannel next week as the fight is so easy ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    You got MCed when you didn't have your pet out? that shouldn't happen... Except I guess snake trap might count as a target, letting it MC you...
    went back and reread it.....i guess i must have misread it. thought it read as something different. does anyone know if the los behind pillar is considered an exploit or not? dont want to get banned ingame for a mount....
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-05-12 at 09:28 PM.

i've never had an issue. use your pet until you kill the ressed adds and then dismiss and kill KT. easy peasy. i've been doing it sv spec.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    went back and reread it.....i guess i must have misread it. thought it read as something different. does anyone know if the los behind pillar is considered an exploit or not? dont want to get banned ingame for a mount....
    Nah, it's not. But it should be really easy to just dismiss your pet and don't use stampede or snake trap after you kill the advisors, so why make it harder?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    That is forbidden.
    "In general, it is never permissible [...] to use line of sight [...]where you can attack it but its abilities no longer function"

Source: Developer Watercooler
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8445111/
    Who said anything about continuing to attack while LoS'd? It's been a common duo/trio tactic to briefly LoS the pillars every 30ish seconds since Wotlk. You just hide behind the pillar a few seconds before the MC goes off, you avoid the mc then you run back into LoS to continue dpsing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Nah, it's not. But it should be really easy to just dismiss your pet and don't use stampede or snake trap after you kill the advisors, so why make it harder?
    dps wise would it be more effective/easy to spec survival or marksman then. the reason im hesitant to change spec is bm makes the other 3 phases extremely easy for me as i prefer to let my pet do most of the work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    That is forbidden.
    "In general, it is never permissible [...] to use line of sight [...]where you can attack it but its abilities no longer function"

Source: Developer Watercooler
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8445111/
    Changing the sentence kinda changes the whole point of the sentence. Way to go.

see that big statue in his room, place your pet at one side and your on another ( length ways at each foot) just as the last advisor dies, wait till he yells 'OBEY ME' then run out, dps as much as possible in around 20 seconds then hide again, in the meantime just do some kill commands inbetween since they don't require los now

wait till he lifts off then lands again, come out and blow him up
    Last edited by eggs; 2013-05-12 at 10:04 PM.