Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why is this thread going? The OP and/or his friends are likely responsible for the fake. Further to that, they're probably jobless, given they don't understand most corporate emails are going to feature a signature. And most designers who are so vague as to send an email stating "here's what we were talking about", where it's nothing more than a cluster of icons with no real explanation, are probably responsible for the website for the local tackle shop at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    So? It still doesn't change the fact that it will essentially be a profession class. It's ridiculous. There are other classes in WC3 that are actually classes, not NPCs heavily relying on a profession. I have engineering and alchemy, that makes me a tinker, right? If not, then I dare you to add to a tinker something I'm not able to do now.
    Challenge accepted. Lets look at it based on the icons given for each spec, First is bubbles which would imply potions/corrosives. A Dot class with splash burst, chemical reactions, effects changing based on what order spells are applied to target. Second is some kind of energy maybe, energy weapons (lasers), Attack with one type of laser to build charges for bigger attacks and then choose between a variety of different types of energy to augment your attacks Or Shields of some kind for tanking possibly. Third, explosives, just look at how many different kinds of explosives are in RL, that's your model. Forth, Projectile, rocket and rifles more likely than anything else. With more time and more people to bounce ideas off of all 4 would be completely unique, they might be similar to the proff but they wouldn't be identical or use all the same things the proff does.

Dragon Roar icon for a 4th warrior spec... maybe a ranged spec that uses Guns and fire ammo.
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Indeed, on the assumption that it's real (out of boredom) , let's play the "Guess-the-spec" game.
    Yes, yes a million times yes.

Warrior: Trogdor spec, first you are a man, then you are a dragon man!
    Mage: Blood Mage with all the powers of blood....like Blood Bolt and a spell where you throw a bolt made out of blood and at your enemies...and Blood Beam where you fire a beam made of blood at your enemies.
    Rogue: Spider web spec that makes you more spider like, defining ability would be Trail of Cobwebs that mildly irritate your enemies dust allergies.
    Druid: Extra Bear spec spec! If you liked Feral you ain't seen nothing yet!
    Hunter: Dark Ranger spec, makes you look like Sylvannas Windrunner at the cost of all your abilities, faction leaders are meant to stay at home dummy.
    Shaman: Shock spec! Behold the days of perpetual Frost Shock kiting have returned, the Mastery increases Ghost Wolf speed.
    Priest: Blue...thingy.....spec? Your Priest will now worship the phenomena known as the Blue Man Group, powers are more or less the same only your secular now.
    Warlock: Double Demonology spec....with armor! We heard you like Demons so we put Demons on your Demons so you can Demon whilst you Demon?
    Death Knight: Purple...ness spec! All spell effects will now be purple. <-----Can't wait for this one, the one thing my DK lacks is enough purple.
    Monk: Tornado spec. The only reason people play a Monk is Spinning Crane Kick right? Well you know where this one is going.
    Tinker: Oil spec, Arcanist, Fel-Engineering and Explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Frieght View Post
    Challenge accepted. Lets look at it based on the icons given for each spec, First is bubbles which would imply potions/corrosives. A Dot class with splash burst, chemical reactions, effects changing based on what order spells are applied to target. Second is some kind of energy maybe, energy weapons (lasers), Attack with one type of laser to build charges for bigger attacks and then choose between a variety of different types of energy to augment your attacks Or Shields of some kind for tanking possibly. Third, explosives, just look at how many different kinds of explosives are in RL, that's your model. Forth, Projectile, rocket and rifles more likely than anything else. With more time and more people to bounce ideas off of all 4 would be completely unique, they might be similar to the proff but they wouldn't be identical or use all the same things the proff does.
    Completely unique, yet they might be similar to the professions. I like the sounds of that. Indeed, that's what this game lacks, a class based on not one, but TWO professions. Why not demon hunter or necromancer instead? Too similar to existing classes is FAR BETTER than too similar to existing professions. The simple idea is just ridiculous.

Who knows.

I will hold of judgement, but a new class and a 4th spec seems a little too much for 1 expansion from a balance point.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Honestly it looks awesome.

Looks like a lot of awesome stuff, melee warlocks, tank shamans, dark ranger hunters, blood mages, etc...

Would definitely love it.

Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frieght View Post
    Lots of poor assumptions being made by people here. First, lots of you assume that blizz wouldnt re use icons, seriously? do you realize how cannibalized Wc3 was for its icons? Second, people dismiss potential leak because Blizz this or Blizz that, Blizz is made up of people whom are not infallible and Do make mistakes. Third, Most of you assume they would be starting new class work after the MoP expac had launched and been out for some time, well what if they had been working on the 4th specs from some point in MoP's dev cycle?

If they had already been working on the 4th specs then the only development on them which would be needed is refinement and balance, this may not take as long as the full inception, creation and refinement would have if it were started after MoP launched. Blizz is realizing that wow is old and they are probably pushing Really hard for Major content creation for an expac to draw people in for longer. From several blue posts and twitter comments ive read recently, They realize that a portion of the player base comes for the launch of new content and leaves when they've seen it. If they were to add a more content in 1 expac it may hold this type of players attention for longer. They have stats that show nearly every player makes alts, tries out multiple classes, adding an additional spec would make people revisit alts as others have already said. Also realize this, Blizz is Huge, if they needed an extra push for content they could recruit part time assistance from other inhouse game dev teams in areas of modeling, animation, effects and level design.

Now for my opinion on the image, its probably nothing but Bs being slung by a troll. Its really good Bs but that doesn't change the fact that its probably not real. And by really good Bs i mean, look at how many ppl are talking about it just on this forum, its good Bs.

Pretty much what I think, It is clear Blizzard needs to wow the fan base after 2 boring expansions. They really need to raise the bar on the next one, and this means better and more compelling content, and giving the players things they really enjoy.

Next Hero Class - Hinted at since 2006
    4th Specs - their fault really once that was given to druids the cat was out of the bag.
    Ogres, Highelves - Give both the horde and alliance their most wanted races.
    Bring back Illidan
    take the fight to the legion and Sargeras
    Make the game fun to play again, and ease back on end game focus for all, and increase the time it takes to level. (this does not mean get rid of LFR, but make it not necessary to always raid or do constructed PVP.)
    and to shut the fanbois up all 5 of them, explain in developer terms why Naga, and Tinker are bad ideas publicly.

The most transparent hoax imaginable that is pandering to every possible armchair dev wishful thinking idea that gets posted on forums such as these.

Seems quite fake, wishful thinking passed on though.
    Unsubscribed
    10 Kibblet 66 Infectionate 79 Serenades 29 Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    26 Kibble 85 Taxiporte 10 Restofarian 36 Fisticuffs 86 Blesshu 90 Sinnocence 60 Shoctologist 90 Ellipsis 85 Hiddenfee 54 Teddiursa

So? It still doesn't change the fact that it will essentially be a profession class.

Actually it does, since its not based on the profession. Which is why the profession is called engineering, and the unit is called Tinker, and the class would also be called Tinker.

It's ridiculous. There are other classes in WC3 that are actually classes, not NPCs heavily relying on a profession. I have engineering and alchemy, that makes me a tinker, right? If not, then I dare you to add to a tinker something I'm not able to do now.
    The only thing ridiculous is that you can't figure out the difference between crafting profession and a class.

The highest ability that Engineers can do is make a pet and a mount. The highest ability that a Tinker class could obtain would be the ability to become mechanical, and make itself immune to bleeds, fears, and drains.

Two completely different things.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:59 PM ----------

Completely unique, yet they might be similar to the professions. I like the sounds of that. Indeed, that's what this game lacks, a class based on not one, but TWO professions. Why not demon hunter or necromancer instead? Too similar to existing classes is FAR BETTER than too similar to existing professions. The simple idea is just ridiculous.
    Because Demon Hunters are two similar to Warlocks, and Necromancers are too similar to Death Knights. Also, the Tinker and Alchemist hero is nothing like the professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually it does, since its not based on the profession. Which is why the profession is called engineering, and the unit is called Tinker, and the class would also be called Tinker.

The only thing ridiculous is that you can't figure out the difference between crafting profession and a class.

The highest ability that Engineers can do is make a pet and a mount. The highest ability that a Tinker class could obtain would be the ability to become mechanical, and make itself immune to bleeds, fears, and drains.

Two completely different things.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:59 PM ----------

Because Demon Hunters are two similar to Warlocks, and Necromancers are too similar to Death Knights. Also, the Tinker and Alchemist hero is nothing like the professions.
    No, not at all. Never mind the explosives, the rockets, the potions, the mechanicals, the gadgets. Tinkers are not based on the profession? Then why so similar?

And how the fuck can you say demon hunters are too (two, lol) similar to warlock and necromancers to dks? Because they have a handful of abilities that have the same name, yet probably work differently? And then you compare it to tinker vs engineering similarity, when engineering is a carbon-copy of tinkers? Really?
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-05-14 at 08:10 PM.

Next Expac will be special for sure
    It will mark the 10th anniversary of WoW
    We will have new character models to celebrate this
    We will fight against the legion/demons
    We will see new and reworked stuff like always
    but this time, it will be rather special

^i fucking hope so
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Some guy on the US forums (Not me) apparently got emailed by "accident" a leaked image referring to class set up for next expansion. Pretty sure its BS but even if totally fake it still is interesting and if were true it would be awesome IMO.

This is the thread that I saw it on, on US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6660776?page=1 Topic has now been deleted from us.battle.net

Anyway I thought I'd bring this to mmo champion even if it is fake pretty cool ideas for 4th specs.
    The Email on the OP comes from "Chris Mitten" You can find his blog here: http://www.christophermitten.com/

Judging by the fact that he's an illustrator You would fathom a guess that he wouldn't be using someone else's stock images when picking icons for new classes/specs.

If you look at new classes in the past: Deathknight: All new icons. Monk: All new icons. Tinker: Oh, you know what, lets just use existing icons.

the "4th spec" for Dk's is a recolor of the blood icon (Despite frost and unholy having distinctions.)

Here's the icons they used:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ability_rewindtime.png
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Spell_f...ilightcano.png
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Inv_mis...elarge_red.png
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ability..._poison_06.png
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Spell_s...convection.png

So why would an Illustrator do a quick copy-pasta job like this.

No, not at all. Never mind the explosives, the rockets, the potions, the mechanicals, the gadgets. Tinkers are not based on the profession? Then why so similar?
    Again, its not similar. None of the Tinker (or Alchemist) hero abilities are in the engineering or alchemist professions.

And how the fuck can you say demon hunters are too (two, lol) similar to warlock and necromancers to dks? Because they have a handful of abilities that have the same name, yet probably work differently? And then you compare it to tinker vs engineering similarity, when engineering is a carbon-copy of tinkers? Really?
    Um, Warlocks have almost all of the Demon Hunters abilities. It's also well known that Blizzard used Necromancers to create the Death Knight. This is why DKs have abilities like Raise Dead, Army of the Dead, Lichborne, Bone Shield, and Corpse Explosion.

And yeah, Engineering is not a carbon copy of Tinkers. If you believe this, then find a single Tinker ability from the Hero unit that exists in the engineering profession.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-14 at 08:21 PM.

So new class and fourth spec?

I'm okay with this.

The hunter one is the warlocks fear token, theres no way wow would use existing tokens to represent their new specs, its too confusing and they are not that lazy. This is 100% fake.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Random image from a random source, and some of the icons are too... vague. Like... the priest 4th spec, what is that even supposed to symbolize?
    Northrend Wormhole Generator. 4th spec will summon a portal and then click the ability they want to use.

Can someone link the images again since the original thread was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, its not similar. None of the Tinker (or Alchemist) hero abilities are in the engineering or alchemist professions.

Um, Warlocks have almost all of the Demon Hunters abilities. It's also well known that Blizzard used Necromancers to create the Death Knight. This is why DKs have abilities like Raise Dead, Army of the Dead, Lichborne, Bone Shield, and Corpse Explosion.

And yeah, Engineering is not a carbon copy of Tinkers. If you believe this, then find a single Tinker ability from the Hero unit that exists in the engineering profession.

Good luck.
    To be fair, Rogues got evasion, and shadow priests got mana burn. (the other two skills being immolate and metamorphosis, which are definitely warlock staples.)

IMO, Night Elf Warlocks instead.