Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I think what I'm more curious about is the fact that everyone appears to have 4 specs.
    which is the main reason its most likely fake
    My armory: Sheogorath
    My channel: Shirgadirth I do gameplay/commentary. Two of my videos have over 12k views now
    Elder Scrolls Online Dungeon Walkthrough!
    My most viewed video!
    My second most viewed video!

This thread reminds me of when people were speculating about MoP and how Pandaren would NEVER be a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    May 15th, so 15 days to June...

Once we have a clue of what the expansion name is we can guess at the content.

If it has anything to do with the Legion then I expect a hero Class, and ten levels.
    If it is another filler arc like MOP than anything is possible.

Possible filler arcs, The Emerald Dream, South Seas, ect...
    Possible End Story The Invasion of the Legion, Something Sargeras, Argus, Titans, ect...

Also to make it clear if it is anything to do with the South Seas than it will be a Goblin heavy expansion, and Tinker would be a 'New Class'. If it is anything to do with the Legion and the Return of Illidan than we will have Demon Hunters and a complete redesign of all classes.
    I hope it's not a title like Cataclysm, that didn't really tell us much like Mists of Pandaria or Wrath of the Lich King. :P

They clearly don't care about balancing over new content and exciting updates otherwise we would never have gotten Dks and monks. They'll add new unbalanced shit all the time and play with balanced classes and break the current designs ecosystem all day every day for the rest of the time WoW is running to make it more exciting. They'll never just "stop and balance what they have" that is for the time between huge changes. WoW will never be balanced. I don't know why people expect it to be.

Boredom leads to apathy, apathy leads to lazy, and lazy leads to obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I hope it's not a title like Cataclysm, that didn't really tell us much like Mists of Pandaria or Wrath of the Lich King. :P
    yah if it is a vague name then we have to wait for blizcon like everyone else before the questions can be settled. Trust me i was sad when it was MOP, but that is what they did, and frankly it was the worst expansion yet. And my opinion is backed up by the numbers leaving.

If anyone hasn't noticed this yet, but all talents as they go down are connected UNTIL they come to the supposed 4th spec where there is a clear bar separating it from the rest. Clearly photoshopped.

I'd totally gain more interest in the game if every class had 4 specs. It most likely won't happen, but I love the idea.

Possible End Story The Invasion of the Legion, Something Sargeras, Argus, Titans, ect...
    I just have to say it would be so awesome if the Legion invades and the Titans show up to put down Sargeras. Just imagine it....

For people who think a demon themed expansion with Tinker wouldn't work. Doesn't anyone remember the Fel Reaver? The Doomforge Engineer?

It's like I'm talking with people who don't even play WoW.

I believe more than likely that what you're seeing isn't a 4th spec, but an advancement of class.

I believe that it'll be an advanced path that a player can pursue via a long questline in which they will do a class based "epic" chain. During the chain, their player will develop their abilities. The chain isn't something that can be rushed, but will give each class unique choices, and further advancement.

I think it will be south seas expansion which will involve pirates, naga bitch and hopefully the last we see or hear about the zandalari (rastakhan) because lets face it the troll thing needs to be put to bed now for good.
    Pirate stuff as filler, zadalari mid expansion raid with a build up to Nazjatar to kill off the queen and whatever else lurks there.
    Not sure about the 4th spec thing, who knows...no one here is right or wrong so everyone will have to wait and see rather than screaming photoshop/fake etc etc because lets face it You dont know just as much as the next guy!!

Boredom leads to apathy, apathy leads to lazy, and lazy leads to obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    For people who think a demon themed expansion with Tinker wouldn't work. Doesn't anyone remember the Fel Reaver? The Doomforge Engineer?

It's like I'm talking with people who don't even play WoW.

As a Gnome Engineer and Summoner of Demons, I am well aware of the many Engineers in the Game. It is true the Warcraft is technically a Steam Punk campaign setting. But when talking about Expansions and what would be contained in them When you think about the Legion. Do you think of:

This

or

This:

the image is fake, the duscussion on 4th spec and even tinker class is not imo. Both are perfectly viable options I'd say. Maybe blizzard finally figured out it is -impossible- to perfectly balance classes wether it is for pve or pvp even with the current line up. And just went "fuck it, we'll just swamp them with specs so they can't figure out exactly how things are unbalanced" .
    For real though, considering it's there anniversary and the way specs currently work it preyy viable imo. And they no longer have to balance an insane amount of talent points. Just skills, talents are available to all specs. Skills are bloated anyway so some could be used to create new specs with some tweaks and supported by new skills.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    the image is fake, the duscussion on 4th spec and even tinker class is not imo. Both are perfectly viable options I'd say. Maybe blizzard finally figured out it is -impossible- to perfectly balance classes wether it is for pve or pvp even with the current line up. And just went "fuck it, we'll just swamp them with specs so they can't figure out exactly how things are unbalanced" .
    But Blizz has never been able to balance the classes, even when they get close to balance, a new expansion is released and the balancing attempts go back to square one.

But Blizz has never been able to balance the classes, even when they get close to balance, a new expansion is released and the balancing attempts go back to square one.
    Exactly, if blizz released all these specs I'm not going to lie balancing will be terrible for the first patch but isn't it always like this for ever expansion? I remember how overpowered DKs were for the first half of wrath I think this was the worst time for wow balance, arms warriors and BM hunters were terribly overpowered at the start of MOP too making for bad balance.

However if 4th specs turn out to be true I have faith in Blizzard that the game will balance out as the expansion progresses. We will have a terrible balanced first expansion patch regardless of what classes specs are released so lets at least go for something that will make the game awesome on the long term scale of things!

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    However if 4th specs turn out to be true I have faith in Blizzard that the game will balance out as the expansion progresses. We will have a terrible balanced first expansion patch regardless of what classes specs are released so lets at least go for something that will make the game awesome on the long term scale of things!
    Yeah, I doubt Ghostcrawler would say "STOP THE EXPANSION RELEASE! I haven't finished balancing the new specs"

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 07:45 AM ----------

As a Gnome Engineer and Summoner of Demons, I am well aware of the many Engineers in the Game. It is true the Warcraft is technically a Steam Punk campaign setting. But when talking about Expansions and what would be contained in them When you think about the Legion. Do you think of:

This

or

This:
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Blizz just makes up new stuff to fit the theme of the xpac all the time.

Yeah, I doubt Ghostcrawler would say "STOP THE EXPANSION RELEASE! I haven't finished balancing the new specs"
    We'd still be in vanilla.

Can I just go out and say that balance is overrated? I just play the class I like the most. Balance be damned

This

or

This:
    Neither. But at least the second picture is actually related to Warcraft.

This
    brutal legend > everything
    My armory: Sheogorath
    My channel: Shirgadirth I do gameplay/commentary. Two of my videos have over 12k views now
    Elder Scrolls Online Dungeon Walkthrough!
    My most viewed video!
    My second most viewed video!

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the problem about support roles is: nobody likes it. it's a very small niche.

vanilla had support roles, and it sucked. pally raiding: your role - to keep casting single-man blessings on the whole raid. each blessing lasts 5 minutes and you have 40 party members, so when you finish buffing the last guy, the first one was already running out of buff. sooooo awesome!
    That made me laugh because its so true!