• Isle of Conquest

4 2.00%
  • Strand of the Ancients

2 1.00%
  • Eye of the Storm

8 4.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really like AB, fantastic classic battleground, honorable mention temple of kotmogu, really really fun provided your team knows to always pick up balls :P SSM is also always fun and gilneas is good only if you're winning xD
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've allowed multiple poll choices ):

My favorites are strand of the ancients and warsong gulch.

10+ Year Old Account
    My kneejerk reaction was to say Temple of Kotmogu, which I immediately clicked, but it's a pretty touch choice. I really love WSG, AB, BoG and TP!!!

Twin Peaks and WSG are my favorites. I feel they encourage the most actual player vs player. There's no nodes to guard, only EFCs to kill and FCs to protect. It's constant action.

While I do like AB, I'm not a fan of it's little brother: Battle for Gilneas. Boring BG decided in the first 30 seconds. A horrible, boring 20 minutes of spamming aoe and predictable zerging. Needs a redesign badly.

Dislike IoC/AV as well because I feel they are pve maps. Running past the other team to kill pve bosses isn't pvp. These are the 2 I blacklist. Never had fun in either one.

Deleted
    Even though I've started to love AV again now after faction changing to Alliance, I still have to go with WSG. This is simply because I usually go bg farming with 2 different classes: Frost DK and hunter. As a dk I can carry the flag aswell as nuking the shit out of my enemies, and as a hunter I can basically kite AND maintain a high damage outcome on the one attacking either me or my teams flagcarrier. As mentioned earlier, the bg thing is like a whole new experience when you Faction change.
    Feels like you win everything, and it's lovely.

I am glad the winner is AB.

In every way (tactical, positioning, strategic communications,...) it beats out everything.

Though the BEST pvp ever in WoW was - no doubt - found in Wintergrasp (wotlk).

Wintergrasp was brilliant and in fact it killed in one blow the 2008 WoW challenger, War, without a doubt.

After experiencing Wintergrasp with its dynamic destruction of this enormous fortress ... Everything else was ... Well ... Trivial at best.

Wintergrasp as new 100/100 BG !
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-13 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AB has always been my favourite, looks like I'm not alone.

I really like WSG as well, but it can be so frustrating in random bg's.

Deleted
    I'm exalted with the defilers.
    I'm master of Arathi basin (the achievement yes ...)
    So easy answer for me is Arathi Basin.
    Close 2nd place would be AV for the vanilla fun i had in it + The insane amount of HK it gave me running cata HK premades in it (150k hk in Av alone LOL)

Always been a fan of Arathi Basin. The whole idea of fighting your enemy for key advantage points, in order to win the battle has been something I've loved in all PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alterac valley, even good after the update

"OLD" Alterac Valley. Even when you where losing and they have you pushed back your base you have the most epic fights going on.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    "OLD" Alterac Valley. Even when you where losing and they have you pushed back your base you have the most epic fights going on.
    Good ole times

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    WSG and AB, most funny ones for me. Also spawn camping for life.

AB without a doubt. Its a classic design, that works.

Can't really go wrong with it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Like a lot of others, for me lvl 60 AV wins hands down!

With the current battlegrounds ....

WSG / TP - I love these when you manage to get a half-decent group, i.e. people who actually try to achieve the objectives. Think of the two I still prefer WSG, though the river in TP is great if you're a druid FC!
    AB / BfG - The best fights are when the teams are fairly balanced - can have a blast in here, then! Of the two ... I think BfG takes it, just.
    SotA - ugh, not a fan of this at all! Well, until you get to the Yellow gate, at which point it becomes better. Still hate the vehicles though, specially when you're on offence and have to run back to get a demo.
    IoC - again, not a big fan.
    SSM - quite like this one atm, but I've not played it much yet. So for now I mark it as "has potential"
    ToK - I've yet to get a good group in here so keep getting roflstomped. I like the format though, and I'm expecting great games with fairly even, competent teams. Again, currently marked as "has potential".
    EotS - again, great fun when you've fairly balanced teams.

I mostly queue for random battlegrounds on my own, don't know how much my opinions would change in a premade. Unfortunately Alliance EU seems to have a lot of terrible players queuing - the number who ignore objectives, don't help, join without even trying to get any gear, etc ... damn, it's frustrating!!

WSG by far. TP isn't bad either, don't like the water in it though.

Arathi Basin, followed bij EOTS.

Deleted
    warsong gulch, by far, followed I think by alterac valley. i personally hate arathi basin (and gilneas obviously), too many times people completely fail at defending plus I am still bitter because of the arathi basin perfection (and we had it all along) achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    By far the best ever battle ground back in the old days....battles could go on for days...and days with the same crew on both sides...I miss those wonderful days.....I known ever inch of that battle ground...I have spots I could sniper from as a hunter and horde could never figure out were I was...sigh miss those days of bring out the big boys of AV....summon them up....

Deleted
    I would say Arathi Basin if you had an organised team.

Too many times have i felt the pain where 3 people stop at farm in competition to get the capture, and the other 12 run up to LM. Disastrous.

When i'm queuing solo, temple of kotmogu has to be the best, its so straightforward to pick up and play.