1. #1

    Courageous Primal Diamond

    Hi guys i have a few questions about the new Courageous Primal Diamond.for holy paladins.

    What spells do you notice it procing off ?
    During the 4 second proc"clear casting", what spells do you cast ?
    Do you stop what your casting and then move onto your "clear casting rotaion" ?
    Or do you just coninue what you was doing.
    Is it feasable to use Holy radiance ?
    What addon do you use to track the proc ?

    I have only had it a short while, and i have noticed the 4 second cast is damned short lol sometimes i have missed it during busy periods, i definitely do not have time to cast i think it is anyhow the recommended x2 Flash of lights followed by a holy shock., i have glyphed for the flash of light but not usre im making use of the glyph.


    Now during busy times in the fight the screen can get quite busy, i`m using atm weak auras to track the aura, but as i have said sometime sim missing the aura or im being hit by silly stuff tryuing to watch out fo rht eproc. any sugestions would be great.

    Sorry if im rambling im just after advice.


    Thank you in advance for the help

  2. #2
    Just chill out and cast what ever is needed, the only thing that the proc should change is that you don't have to worry about mana for 4 seconds

  3. #3
    I know and appreciate what your saying, i`m just trying to make the best use of that small(4 second window) lol, whilst trying to maximise my healing throughput and obvious save manna.

    Thank you for the reply

  4. #4
    Then you probably just need to change the WeakAuras settings, then if you're free to do anything do Flashes as you say, otherwise just continue and try to avoid casting HP using spells
    I'd recommend messing with the "sounds" section, that can be quite effective

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    What spells do you notice it procing off ?
    It procs off of literally everything: Buffs, Beacon cast, Eternal Flame ticks for instance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    During the 4 second proc"clear casting", what spells do you cast ?
    Depends.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Do you stop what your casting and then move onto your "clear casting rotaion" ?
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    What addon do you use to track the proc ?
    WeakAuras.

  6. #6
    Field Marshal Calypsà's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio, US
    Posts
    73
    I made a spreadsheet to try and figure out what you are getting at. Here's a link to it.
    https://docs.google.com/a/zips.uakro...mLWtpM2c#gid=0

    I also use weak auras to track it.

  7. #7
    I try not to let it change how I play too much. I track it via weak aura's and I might throw a few flash heals out if needed, but I generally just heal as if it hasn't procced (apart from the fact I don't use EF/LoD with it up).

    edit: Also if no damage is going out I'll sometimes flash heal the beacon for the HP
    Last edited by jaytheo; 2013-05-12 at 02:39 AM.

  8. #8
    When I proccs I usually spam flash of light. I can get 2 or 3 out depending on when it procs.

    Even if every1 are topped I'll still pop flashes out to put free shields on tanks.

    I track it with power auras.
    Last edited by Proberly; 2013-05-12 at 02:40 AM.

  9. #9
    Obviously you don't interupt if a person would die or get uncomfortably close as a result of it, and provided this was the situation you would most likely be casting FoL/DL/HR anyway. That leaves holy light which I personally interupts to HR targets it makes sense and/or FoL beacon. I feel not maximising holy power during clearcasting (should the situation allow it) is poor play and is just being lazy.

    Weakauras/tellmewhen for tracking.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,327
    The thing about interrupting is that you don't really gain much just because the proc is so short, for instance, let's say I have 0.7 seconds left on a cast, then I can wait that and queue up my next cast, or I can interrupt my first cast and then queue a cast, which doesn't gain me that much time considering the reaction time needed to stop-cast in the first place.

  11. #11
    I consider it a chance at a free heal. If I have the extra thought process when I see the proc (using WeakAuras like many of the rest) I will go for FoLs even if it's just to get a shield going on the tank... but don't be interrupting a heal or any nonsense like that. Unless your APM is absolutely off the charts (why aren't you a pro SC2 player then) Then you wont be able to full maximize the Clearcasting buff.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypsà View Post
    I made a spreadsheet to try and figure out what you are getting at. Here's a link to it.
    https://docs.google.com/a/zips.uakro...mLWtpM2c#gid=0

    I also use weak auras to track it.
    Nice spreadsheet, however, that MP5 calculation is not quite that straightforward. At least I'm using FoL to generate HP from Beacon tank + improving their mastery shield when clearcasting is up. I try to wave in 2 * FoL + HS which is quite doable.

    This results in quite a large number of free HP which turns into free heals. So MP5 gain is actually even higher.

  13. #13
    Dont get anxious, try to practice in LFR so you can feel confortable with it, cast a few FLs, maybe a HR and HS. I find myself doing HS -> HR -> Holy Prism most of the time
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

  14. #14
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno View Post
    Dont get anxious, try to practice in LFR so you can feel confortable with it, cast a few FLs, maybe a HR and HS. I find myself doing HS -> HR -> Holy Prism most of the time
    HS -> HR -> Holy Prism? You're losing out on a daybreak proc doing that rotation.

  15. #15
    I'm not losing anything, the proc last long enough.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Nice spreadsheet, however, that MP5 calculation is not quite that straightforward. At least I'm using FoL to generate HP from Beacon tank + improving their mastery shield when clearcasting is up. I try to wave in 2 * FoL + HS which is quite doable.

    This results in quite a large number of free HP which turns into free heals. So MP5 gain is actually even higher.
    Wrong way of looking at it, your real mana saved is the mana you would have otherwise spent had the proc not been up. It's not as simple as I casted spells worth x during it's duration therefore I saved x mana.
    Last edited by Reglitch; 2013-05-14 at 12:51 AM.
    old mistweaver probably still better than u

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Wrong way of looking at it, your real mana saved is the mana you would have otherwise spent had the proc not been up. It's not as simple as I casted spells worth x during it's duration therefore I saved x mana.
    Honestly a good way to estimate the MP5 gain is just by assuming you save an average of 15-20k mana per proc. Since you can usually get off a HR, DL, Flash, or at very least a HS + HP. It's very imprecise but it gets the point across, which is that this meta gem is by far and away the best choice of meta gem you have.

    Aside from that there's absolutely no point of trying to theorycraft more.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Wrong way of looking at it, your real mana saved is the mana you would have otherwise spent had the proc not been up. It's not as simple as I casted spells worth x during it's duration therefore I saved x mana.
    I didn't say it's easy.

    But for paladin saved mana is not so straightfroward.

    Usually you have to use mana to get free heals (Lod/WoG/EF). Now we get free heals with free heals which saves more mana because we get free holy power.

    So we save more mana than the cost of those heals we use during the proc because we get free heals after the proc which would not have been free otherwise.

    Anyway, what I originally meant is that the spreadsheet was really nice, however, mana saved as MP5 is actually a bit higher than it's been calculated in the spreadsheet.

    PS: I see you're playing monk. This is like that you get free chi during the proc and use it on uplift after the proc. You wouldn't have gotten those chi for free otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •