Poll: Would you support involvement in any of these conflicts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You have a hard on for annexing territories don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    The Bosnia war of the 1990s. The reason why is simple - no oil. I once got into a conversation with an American in wow (im a Brit on US servers) who said to me, "Oh, the Bosnia war wasn't a real war. America wasn't involved. It was merely a local dispute". I'm not sure if he was trolling, or if he genuinely believed what he was saying, but that, to me, said it all about America.

Also, America went to war with Iraq based on a 45 minute timing for WMDs, which was never true, but America still insisted on going to the middle east anyway, and shock horror, ended up getting rich on oil. But now North Korea have ACTUALLY GOT missiles yet America isn't going to war with them. Strange, huh?
    Yup one person says it all about a nation right?

Well, in that case I know all Brits are dumb asses now. (I know they're not, but following your logic...)

Also, there was NATO involvement with the Bosnian War. You can argue it could have been earlier and could have been larger, but they were involved. That includes the evil oil hungry U.S.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    You bunch know I tend to get twisted up by the less reasonable around here...but I am really, really happy to see a fairly large sample of people voting for /none of the above, notably Americans who understand it's nice to just live and be without trying to rule the world.
    On my little break from mmochamp posting I lol'd at how many people love the idea of offensive capable drones in other countries but not their own (the majority by poll here, so stop your flame jets now), I think that sort of helps put in perspective the poster who said "well they are idiots for living in a war zone in the first place."
    All that said, there are times when I DO agree with going ...where ever it is this time.
    But you know, it's what's done when there that makes it either a good deal or a raw deal.
    Hey if Americans wanted to circle the globe with bandaids and soup for all, they'd probably be the toast of the party we call earth.
    That's all I am saying about that.
    Draw your own conclusions.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    none. And I mean no offense by this, but America needs to stop being "world police" and interfering in other nations unless they are directly attacked. I would say the same of any country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Yup one person says it all about a nation right?

Well, in that case I know all Brits are dumb asses now. (I know they're not, but following your logic...)

Also, there was NATO involvement with the Bosnian War. You can argue it could have been earlier and could have been larger, but they were involved. That includes the evil oil hungry U.S.

Well, it's not the only stupid thing an American has ever said, apart from "vote George W Bush as President", and sure NATO were involved, as NATO, but the US didn't go, oh we have to do something and go in on their own back like they did with Afghanistan and Iraq. It's not completely dumb to suggest your government went to those places, but didn't go to Bosnia, or more further back, Nazi Germany, because of oil, and of course, we all have to put up with it because your Gov seem to believe they run *the world* and not just their one country. You did say I was a "dumb ass" for saying the Bosnia stuff, but I did see you never said anything about Iraq, or indeed, the North Korea situation.

None, I don't think the US should have to get involved with any other countries problems...we are too naive in thinking the world would be happy with us helping in anything besides natural disasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am ok with not getting involved with most of these. I believe we should be involved in less at the moment, and history had us involved in enough.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Russian invasion in Georgia.

Just goes to show, that even in modern times, big countries can do whatever they want and noone will do anything to stop them.
    You mean the war started by Georgia because they hoped that, when they attacked Russia, the Russians would be too scared of the US to defend and retaliate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    None! Never ever! All they bring is death and destruction.
    ...That's kinda the point of a war.

None. I don't even think we should've been part of the ones (non-world war) we WERE involved in. Some of them really weren't any of our business, didn't involve us in the least, but we stuck our hand in the cookie jar anyway. It's because of this 'world police' stance that we've taken that really makes other countries hate us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure. I know help stopping mass genocides would be nice but I also believe in self dependency, you may win peoples Independence for them, but I do not think they truly mean it unless they gain it themselves.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    "Annexation of Latin America"

No, thank you.
    We like our freedom, we don't want more "Panama"s.
    You would become first-world U.S. states, not client states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't the Suez Crisis in this list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    Doesn't mean a fucking thing. I get it, you believe everyone wants to be an American, but I DO NOT.
    Incredibly happy and proud to be a Canadian thank you very much.
    And anyone who wants to be an American, feel free to roll the fuck out to America, don't let the doorknob hit you on the ass on the way out.
    No I am not slighting your country, just saying, I'm glad I'm in MY country NOT yours.
    I know it really blows your hair back, but we have our own thing going here.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    At this juncture this would be more of a liability than an asset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    Well, it's not the only stupid thing an American has ever said, apart from "vote George W Bush as President", and sure NATO were involved, as NATO, but the US didn't go, oh we have to do something and go in on their own back like they did with Afghanistan and Iraq. It's not completely dumb to suggest your government went to those places, but didn't go to Bosnia, or more further back, Nazi Germany, because of oil, and of course, we all have to put up with it because your Gov seem to believe they run *the world* and not just their one country. You did say I was a "dumb ass" for saying the Bosnia stuff, but I did see you never said anything about Iraq, or indeed, the North Korea situation.
    Just stop. Your looking more and more like a fool with every post.

Just suggesting we should invade North Korea over them having nukes that are weaker then what we developed 70 years ago with no way to attach them to a missile nor a missile that can reliably reach the contigious U.S., while ignoring the chance to spark off WWIII makes me question if your even old enough to remember Bosnia.

You keep dismissing that the U.S. was involved in Bosnia, even when it was explained repeatedly your wrong. Your really out just to bang the "anti-American" drum, proof be damned.

As for Iraq, many acknowledge that it was a major fuck up.

WWII Germany....U.S. avoids because no oil....seriously, just stop. Go back and learn history. This is embarrassing, you've got no grasp of history if you honestly think that.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    At this juncture this would be more of a liability than an asset.
    We would have liberated Latin America in the 19th century. We already conquered Mexico and Cuba, but then short-sighted, corrupt politicians bailed out and doomed Mexico and Cuba to be ruled by authoritarian dictators for over a century (and counting).

10+ Year Old Account
    oh look another thread that exists just to bash America.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    You better have an explaination for this.

The Finnish civil war was an internal conflict, where the US had no stake what so ever. The US wasn't even close to being a 'world police' at that point and their military wasn't anything exceptional.

The Finnish civil war was a conflict that had to happen one way or another, though it could've been resolved in a less brutal way.
    Supporting the Whites would have been in-line with Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points. And it ceased being an internal conflict when Soviet Russia invaded Finland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    oh look another thread that exists just to bash America.
    Arctic Daishi is as pro-American as they get. Go check his other threads, in one thread he wanted the whole world to become American states.