Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My very first epic was back in vanilla / pre TBC when I was doing Zul'farrak with my Paladin and I luckily got both swords that run and the moment I equipped it. I felt awesome.

That would be either the Glowing Brightwood Staff or the Ring of Saviors. Not sure which came first, just recall one of them gained while being boosted through Maraudon by my Guild Master. Thinking back I just keep seeing both of them acquired that way... So yeah, don't think I'll ever be certain, I just know it was either of those, if not gaining both in the same run.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ebon_Netherscale_Breastplate

An lvl 50ish epic shield dropped in EPL but I couldn't equip it and it didn't even sell for much
    Last edited by Autumn; 2013-05-13 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    ooooooh gotta comment on this. Played a mage back in vanilla and was in a 15 man raid for the black rock thingy(yeah was 15 man raid once) and was about 10 of us outside and some trash spawned and we killed it and what should drop but then a Brightwood Staff(Best you could get outside of raids). Ofc all those not able to use it decide they should roll as well and i managed to win it to my great surprise. Told all the greedy bastards they could F... them self and left the raid. 2 min later i get offered 600 g for it which was alot back then but decided to keep it for myself. Never got a feeling quite like that again ever

Don't remember the first piece, but the first memorable piece (and therefore the first piece I remember getting) was the Shard of the Scale from Onyxia, the vanilla version. I was a holy priest then and stacked MP/5 like a monster, so it was a major coup to be in the right spot on the SK list when such a rare piece dropped. Tragically, my account was hacked late in WotLK, my Shard was destroyed and it could not be restored due to the new, level 80 Onyxia.

Ever since then, trinkets have kinda been my calling. Skull of Gul'dan (Illidan) and Shifting Naaru Sliver (M'uru) are my most prized in-game possessions today (thank you Void Storage!); more recently I've had great luck with my Rogue, having 3 Talismans of Bloodlust, 2 Bad Jujus and a Rune of Re-Origination (but no Renataki's Soul Charm yet) drop. I'm a former Sunwell raider living out semi-retirement in the Raid Finder so not nearly as prestigious, but nevertheless I'm pleased with my continuing luck with trinkets. If only I had that kind of luck with weapons...

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, i can still remember my first epic loot!
    I was leveling in Tanaris, (was my first high character)
    He was like lvl 44 or something when suddenly a epic dropped.
    It fitted my Paladin too!, I was like =O

You know that feeling from getting something that powerfull that you just cant express the feelings? :P
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=2291

It wasn't the best weapon at all but in that time the purple color already made me happy.
    I felt like that hacker in South Park, i felt like i couldn't be defeated.

I used that axe till lvl 58:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    A simple Flurry Axe http://www.wowhead.com/item=871.

Mine was the Pauldrons of Might way back in Vanilla when any tier piece could drop from any boss. I got mine off Lucifron. They looked very similar to:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=10390#

I always hated they changed them to the current model. I thought I was so boss walking around in them lol.

Deleted
    Helm of Might from Garr.

Sweet talked a RL friend and got an invite to one of the top guilds on the server. Was asked if I could sub in for a tank who had to drop out. Proceeded to get carried through MC in my shitty blues and ended up in 4/8 might in one run as no bugger needed anything, with a DKP debt up the ass ofc.

Left and formed a guild with all my RL friends, and ended up as MT as my gear was "so good".

Good times.

Deleted
    Red Sword of Courage, I had a Runescape reaction to that dropping "OMMGGGGG" (as if I had just gotten a Bandos Chestplate)

10+ Year Old Account
    Vestments of the Shifting Sands on my human female warlock back in Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Me and a guild mate had http://www.wowhead.com/item=811 drop in Ungoro.

Sold it to another guild mate for 200g, still good friends with him 8 years later

10+ Year Old Account
    Leather pants off of Big Bad Wolf in Kara was my first real epic, as in drop. Already had grinded out the merciless gladiator set, which I don't really count.
    Look! Words!

Archmage's Leggings or Trousers, whichever. Troll Mage in Vanilla and I farmed FOREVER to get the mats for that. So proud of that 2% crit (I was a "Crit" mage in Vanilla... just wow).

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Band of Servitude from old ZG back in vanilla
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=22721

Deleted
    I got a Warden Staff while leveling my first character. I thought "epic staff + Mage = POWER." Oh what a fool I was. I consider my first "proper" epic to be the Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers I bought off the AH at level 78, so that could equip them as soon as I capped out.

That leve 42 axe or something that dropped in Hinterlands. Gave a chance for a extra hit. Got i was hyped when i got it off a random troll.

Deleted
    I walked by a puny Mob in Silithus or Un'goro, I'm not sure. I killed it with my holy paladin and this beauty dropped.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=2915/tar...eaker#comments

I was so fuckin excited, I didn't had much of a clue back then and fuck yes, I loved using it, smacking my foes as Holy Melee awesome epic Paladin

Gloves of Holy Might, dropped off a buzzard in the badlands.
    Unfortunately it was a warlock, so could not wear the leather gloves.

Deleted
    Giantstalker's Belt, I was one of the 10-12 people that were rotated in after my guild had MC on farm